I just hope it won't use the RAGE engine

DlZZEE

Do you wan't GTA V to use the RAGE engine  

446 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wan't GTA V to use the RAGE engine

• Yes, It's epic
    • No, we don't a life simulation game

True as that may be as I don't play games at all any more other than popping GTA in when I feel like playing something, how did you figure that?

G1T

I don't think you understand what a game engine is friend.

Edited by Deadly Target

TheGreene2010

Yeah who would want that? lol.gif

Can't please everybody.

Harwood Butch3r

Why would R* go backwards? Jeez I wish some people would accept it's no longer the early/mid 2000s anymore.

While we're at lets go back to "top down" to keep the arcade spirit alive. sarcasm.gif

Finn 7 five 11
I love the vehicle handling in GTA IV. It's perfect smile.gif

Ugh no, too slidey, make steering just a little bore responsive and cars have some traction then its perfect.

I agree that euphoria was very very clunky and sluggish in iv, but I'm sure it has improved a lot.

Capricornus
It's gonna be tweaked and improved, vastly. It's been about 5 years since they've has RAGE. Expect it to run a lot smoother.

Indeed. Still, I thought the RAGE engine in GTA IV was damn superb, which is why I disagree with this topic tenfold.

The physics/car handling in GTA IV were awesome and I cannot wait to see the improvements on the RAGE engine in GTA 5. When you say rag-doll physics, then you are talking more in the sense of Saint's Row.

caprisig.jpg

Buffalo Soldier

There is no way ANY game would use PS2 Era engines nowadays - it would be laughed at.

But I do want them to change RAGE abit, and it looks like they have - it looks alot more cartoonish and Sims 3 like now.

And on the topic of realism, I think San Andreas had a good balance of realism in terms of the customization and such but then we had the cheats aswell.

GTA isn't suppose to be a ragdoll physics based game. Back when I played IV for the first time I was impressed by It's epic sense to it, but after hours of gameplay I noticed that the supposed to be "realistic" engine took something else from the franchise. The engine which suppose to be limitless is actually even more limited than the renderware is. Obviously by uniqueness rage wins no doubt but It totally swallows the arcade-ish feeling from the game. My wish is why won't they make the game with a bit realism, but not too much. Why won't make an engine which would have both arcade-ish feeling and some realism. That would keep the true GTA spirit. Now I know that the most people will disagree with me but realism is getting pretty common in these days and it isn't that surprising anymore. Aren't games suppose to be fun?

Worst. Topic. Ever.

Watch the video Proud Fool posted.

IV, RDR, MP3, and V are some of the best looking/feeling games ever created because RAGE/Euphoria is incredible.

Explain how RAGE/Euphoria is "limited" compared to Renderware please....

I was hoping to see an updated Renderware (e.g. RAGE) in IV, but it disappointed me. It looks like R* did a lot of work on it for V, so hopefully it will be better this time, although I am still quite sceptic about it.

Renderware fun all the way.

The whole concept of GTA IV with no countryside, no side missions, inability to turn quickly, inability to die quickly, uber soft suspension on city cars and many other things which I can't recall now was a disappointment to me. I am much more happy playing SA than IV. I sincerely hope V will be as good as SA is, otherwise I am going to be pretty pissed off.

IV tried to be too realistic, and by doing so, failed to be realistic. Yes, we saw nice blood and animation of people dying, but we couldn't get an umbrella and use it. WTF.

Edited by ˸øåíüêà

In GTA San Andreas, when you ran someone over, as soon as you made contact their body locked into the standard "lying starfish" dead position, and their corpse would jump a little in the air, slither over your car then stick to the ground behind you. In GTA IV, when you hit someone with your car their limbs would flail everywhere, they'd bounce off your bonnet and go flying through the air, bouncing along the tarmac before stopping in a bloody pile.

I thought if there was anything we could all agree that GTA IV had over GTA SA, it was a better physics engine. Obviously not...

Some jerks still don't get what i mean by saying a different engine, u just post the most obvious things without any defining arguments. "Epic fail, stupid thread", well guess what, you're a loser who can't do anything else but imitate others, a weakling who will never have his own opinion and understanding.

Some jerks still don't get what i mean by saying a different engine, u just post the most obvious things without any defining arguments. "Epic fail, stupid thread", well guess what, you're a loser who can't do anything else but imitate others, a weakling who will never have his own opinion and understanding.

Then please explain to everyone what you're trying to say.

I was hoping to see an updated Renderware (e.g. RAGE) in IV, but it disappointed me. It looks like R* did a lot of work on it for V, so hopefully it will be better this time, although I am still quite sceptic about it.

Renderware fun all the way.

The whole concept of GTA IV with no countryside, no side missions, inability to turn quickly, inability to die quickly, uber soft suspension on city cars and many other things which I can't recall now was a disappointment to me. I am much more happy playing SA than IV. I sincerely hope V will be as good as SA is, otherwise I am going to be pretty pissed off.

IV tried to be too realistic, and by doing so, failed to be realistic. Yes, we saw nice blood and animation of people dying, but we couldn't get an umbrella and use it. WTF.

So the protag in V should move the way Mario did on the NES?

In GTA San Andreas, when you ran someone over, as soon as you made contact their body locked into the standard "lying starfish" dead position, and their corpse would jump a little in the air, slither over your car then stick to the ground behind you. In GTA IV, when you hit someone with your car their limbs would flail everywhere, they'd bounce off your bonnet and go flying through the air, bouncing along the tarmac before stopping in a bloody pile.

I thought if there was anything we could all agree that GTA IV had over GTA SA, it was a better physics engine. Obviously not...

Running down peds in IV is maybe the most satisfying thing I've ever done in a video game.

R* deserves a medal for RAGE/Euphoria.

The thing is I don't think what you're talking about has anything to do with the game engine. Do you know what the game engine does? Any game of any style can be built in the RAGE engine. It'd be easy for them to make a game more like San Andreas using the RAGE engine. The engine is just the technology behind the game, not the core game design.

You seem more concerned about the core game design, not the technology behind it.

Harwood Butch3r

Impossible. SA is the bestest and can do no wrong. I enjoyed playing in a world of stick figures where every death was the same. GTA IV sucks for giving us dynamic and unique death sequences for each ped we kill.

Starfish ftw.

I don't think even you get what you mean by saying a different engine.

The RAGE engine used in GTA IV also used Euphoria to handle unscripted character animation, and Bullet to handle other physics.

I don't think that either of those things had to do with a limited sense of freedom, un-arcadeyness, or just about anything else. If you think that a game cannot be arcade-like and have ragdoll animation at the same time, then you have a very flimsy idea of what really makes a game an "arcade" game.

Okay i seriously don't care if it's going to be rage anymore, just make the game faster paced, cuz iv was like a turtle compared to san vc and iii.

Harwood Butch3r

Okay i seriously don't care if it's going to be rage anymore, just make the game faster paced, cuz iv was like a turtle compared to san vc and iii.

I "RAGE " everytime I see someone try to be clever with a GTA IV bash when they themselves don't have any idea what they're even talking about.

Looking at the poll results isn't surprising. The stick figure, starfish lovers are the minority. The rest of us want more R.A.G.E/Euphoria.

Edited by Miamivicecity

Impossible. SA is the bestest and can do no wrong. I enjoyed playing in a world of stick figures where every death was the same. GTA IV sucks for giving us dynamic and unique death sequences for each ped we kill.

Starfish ftw.

LOL! love your sarcasm man biggrin.gif

You don't even know what you're complaining about, do you? You IV haters get more ignorant with every new thread.

Just admit it. You suck at IV. And just because you handle Niko like a fool doesn't mean the game itself is bad. This is one of the reasons IV gets so much misguided flak. I seriously should make a thread detailing the mind of the typical IV hater.

You don't even know what you're complaining about, do you? You IV haters get more ignorant with every new thread.

Just admit it. You suck at IV. And just because you handle Niko like a fool doesn't mean the game itself is bad. This is one of the reasons IV gets so much misguided flak. I seriously should make a thread detailing the mind of the typical IV hater.

Can't handle? Lol it was the most easiest gta out of all, anyway whatever the engine stuff, the gameplay of iv is too slow paced, that was my point from the beggining.

SkylineGTRFreak

Can't handle? Lol it was the most easiest gta out of all, anyway whatever the engine stuff, the gameplay of iv is too slow paced, that was my point from the beggining.

This deserves a facepalm... (no Photo cause of mobile phone^^)

Now that you've finally made your point clear (and it has nothing to do with the engine BTW), I agree with you, GTA IV movements feels very sluggish and unresponsive compared to GTA SA for example, I hope they rectify this in V. Also, to anyone who has RDR, how are the movements in it?

Just looks at this video Niko moves like a fat ass compared to CJ

Are you high? How would you move if you are holding any kind of firearm or cold weapon? And what is with that holding guns sideways? You can't hit sh*t that way. If you compare those two games, you can clearly see that gtaIV is much more authentic in tearms of moving, shooting, holding weapons properly.

user posted image

I didn't read all of this but Dizzee why do you dislike the RAGE engine but then talk about the physics, movement, etc.? Am I completely wrong or doesn't the RAGE engine handle graphics and sh*t related to that while the physics and everything you're hating on get run by Natural Motion's Euphoria?

I would suggest to watch the trailer again. It is RAGE engine. Improved a little and that's good. I think everyone pretty much knew that they won't stop to use it because it's a Rockstar engine and they were searching for employees to work with rage engine to improve it.

Talking about Natural Motion's Euphoria - they've also improved it since GTA IV.