I just hope it won't use the RAGE engine

DlZZEE

Do you wan't GTA V to use the RAGE engine  

446 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wan't GTA V to use the RAGE engine

• Yes, It's epic
    • No, we don't a life simulation game

GTA isn't suppose to be a ragdoll physics based game. Back when I played IV for the first time I was impressed by It's epic sense to it, but after hours of gameplay I noticed that the supposed to be "realistic" engine took something else from the franchise. The engine which suppose to be limitless is actually even more limited than the renderware is. Obviously by uniqueness rage wins no doubt but It totally swallows the arcade-ish feeling from the game. My wish is why won't they make the game with a bit realism, but not too much. Why won't make an engine which would have both arcade-ish feeling and some realism. That would keep the true GTA spirit. Now I know that the most people will disagree with me but realism is getting pretty common in these days and it isn't that surprising anymore. Aren't games suppose to be fun?

GTA V trailer itself shows that it use RAGE engine.Beside,why would R* put all money and efforts into making their engine,make two GOTY games and now revert to older technology that was used in PS2 era.

GTA V trailer itself shows that it use RAGE engine.Beside,why would R* put all money and efforts into making their engine,make two GOTY games and now revert to older technology that was used in PS2 era.

No way it shows that its using rage engine, did u see a car crash scene that looked nothing like rage. Also im not saying it should use renderware, just a different more arcade-ish very advanced engine

RAGE is their own homemade engine. Every game they make from now on will use it, at least until they make RAGE2. However, it is not as limited as you are trying to make it. You are actually blaming a piece of middleware that they used called NaturalMotion. Fact is that they could easily remake any of the III-era games on RAGE and you wouldn't even be able to tell. Have a look at SAIV to see that.

RAGE is their own homemade engine. Every game they make from now on will use it, at least until they make RAGE2. However, it is not as limited as you are trying to make it. You are actually blaming a piece of middleware that they used called NaturalMotion. Fact is that they could easily remake any of the III-era games on RAGE and you wouldn't even be able to tell. Have a look at SAIV to see that.

I have to admit saiv looks terrible and it totally ruins san andreas vibe

GTA IV was a life simulation and SA wasn't?

Anyway, i totally disagree. The RAGE engine is just awesome.

I respect your opinion but I don't think they're going to use a simple updated version of old physics. I trust Rockstar, they know what they're doing.

Axed

I don't see how it's limited... I love it. I hate San-Andreas like animation and motion: getting out of a helicopter and falling straight down - that was limited (unless you had a parachute of-course)... In GTA IV you would fly in the direction of the helicopter and when hitting a wall you get a cool ragdoll animation, It was awesome...

I really don't see your point, GTA IV isn't as "heavy" as everybody says it is.

I have to admit saiv looks terrible and it totally ruins san andreas vibe

Way to sidestep the real issue here. SAIV is a fan made mod, made without the tools that R* has for their own product. Yet even with that limitation, they almost fully recreated SA in IV's version of RAGE.

The fact is you are still blaming the wrong thing. RAGE has nothing to do with it, and NaturalMotion would likely be used no matter what engine the game used.

I just want to tell u guys that i dont give a damn about realism, make a game that would have a big sense of freedom and much much functionality

Like jnzooger said, what you don't want is Euphoria, not RAGE. The only thing I don't like about Euphoria is how slow and unresponsive the MC becomes under it, but it looks like they've fixed/improved upon this in MP3, so I don't think it will be a problem in V. Pedestrians are way more fun using Euphoria though imo. Running them down with your car is half the fun of GTA IV.

universetwisters

No way it shows that its using rage engine, did u see a car crash scene that looked nothing like rage. Also im not saying it should use renderware, just a different more arcade-ish very advanced engine

SPOILER ALERT: New vehicle handling. ever watch a car spin out in real life?

sTgL5iS.png

It's not the engine that changed the series. It's this modern gaming worlds emphasis on graphics, realism, and multi-player.

Back in the 6th Gen, Rockstar could make a game like San Andreas and achieve great results, because games like that were in demand. These days, Rockstar must meet the certain demands that the modern gaming industry has.

Personally, I'm like you, I'm not sure if this Realism is a good thing or a bad thing.

Your poll makes no sense.. what has the "life simulation" to do with the engine?

The topic these days.. they are getting more and more ridiculous.

Think about using the rage engine Jumping out of the Hydra into downtown Los Santos

Keep the faith in Christ. Never let video games get in the way of that.

Every current gen game by R* uses the RAGE engine.. so what makes you think GTA V will be different? and btw RAGE is an awesome enigne and yes i want every game by R* to use it

It's not the engine that changed the series. It's this modern gaming worlds emphasis on graphics, realism, and multi-player.

Back in the 6th Gen, Rockstar could make a game like San Andreas and achieve great results, because games like that were in demand. These days, Rockstar must meet the certain demands that the modern gaming industry has.

Personally, I'm like you, I'm not sure if this Realism is a good thing or a bad thing.

I don't know how old you are, but games advancing mainly in graphics and realism is nothing new. It's actually something that dates way back to the early 90s, but mostly in racing games due to hardware limitations. Open world games just didn't get the treatment until this gen because it's a lot harder to make such large games look and feel realistic. It's not like they could have made GTA III ultra realistic but chose not to.

Look at how Red Dead played, alot smoother and quicker then GTAIV. R* has had more time to develop and work on the Rage engine with V then they did with IV. I mean I still love to run down peds and watch them ragdoll all over the place in IV.

I'm sure R* will have the controls and feel of GTAV just right and I'm actually excited to play Max Payne 3 just to see how far they've come with the Rage.

Long_Haired_Boy

Its obviously the RAGE engine updated and you do understand the GTA games only get better?

Every current gen game by R* uses the RAGE engine.. so what makes you think GTA V will be different? and btw RAGE is an awesome enigne and yes i want every game by R* to use it

For the first time, I agree with you.

I don't want static objects and people. I want to be able to push, to kick, to move freely. When I shoot someone I don't want the same sh*tty preset animation. In IV, it's practically impossible to find two corpses in the same position and the same amount of blood. When you hit someone with a car, instead of the pedestrian falling down and staying static, the guy gets hit on his face and then falls into the tarmac and when you run over him you can feel and see the blood coming out of his face as you break his skull... it's much more realistic, I even feel kinda sad for the poor guy I am running over lol.gif

Mister Pink

It's gonna be tweaked and improved, vastly. It's been about 5 years since they've has RAGE. Expect it to run a lot smoother.

GTA isn't suppose to be a ragdoll physics based game. Back when I played IV for the first time I was impressed by It's epic sense to it, but after hours of gameplay I noticed that the supposed to be "realistic" engine took something else from the franchise. The engine which suppose to be limitless is actually even more limited than the renderware is. Obviously by uniqueness rage wins no doubt but It totally swallows the arcade-ish feeling from the game. My wish is why won't they make the game with a bit realism, but not too much. Why won't make an engine which would have both arcade-ish feeling and some realism. That would keep the true GTA spirit. Now I know that the most people will disagree with me but realism is getting pretty common in these days and it isn't that surprising anymore. Aren't games suppose to be fun?

You are going to be very disappointed with GTA V

user posted image

I don't know how old you are, but games advancing mainly in graphics and realism is nothing new. It's actually something that dates way back to the early 90s, but mostly in racing games due to hardware limitations. Open world games just didn't get the treatment until this gen because it's a lot harder to make such large games look and feel realistic. It's not like they could have made GTA III ultra realistic but chose not to.

It's not so much as the progression that I'm talking about. It's more about a supply and demand type thing.

Demand for these mentioned things are quite high in today's market. So the majority of game developers try to supply these things in order to turn a healthy profit. Even if that means changing the formula of such games.

While understanding that such demand does lead into overall progression, and progression is the pure basics for such demand, and with the technology changing all plays an effect in all of this too. Basically, Rockstar just does what almost any company would do: Appeal to the masses in order sell more copies and achieve a healthy profit margin.

It sounds complicated, but it's actually not.

Although I will admit that you do have a point with hardware limitations, which, of course, also changes the demand for such products.

Edited by Inusan

Arcade style game? I never took San Andreas as an arcade style game...

As for your opinion on GTA IV being a "life simulation" game, I'm not sure about that either. San Andreas had far more elements that simulated life, such as the requirement to eat, with options to get fat or muscular (through various types of exercise), and needing to look good to impress girlfriends etc.

But I will assume what you are trying to say is that GTA IV looks and feels too realistic, and that you want more of the stylized look and feel that San Andreas had - with more crazy, over the top missions.

I know for a fact that you will be very happy with the direction they're taking GTAV, so no need to worry.

Hydro_PlayboyX

RAGE is awesome, and they'll improve it for V, you can also see big improvement from IV to RDR.........we were also limited with renderware in III and VC, but they improved it in SA and we could do a lot more

First off RAGE has nothing to do with the physics, secondly who would want canned animations in a 2012 game...

G1T

First off RAGE has nothing to do with the physics, secondly who would want canned animations in a 2012 game...

Lol, it seems like u only play gta