No information until after mp3?

Racecarlock

Racecarlock

Seriously, somehow it's become an accepted fact that we won't get any new information about GTA V until MP3 is released. And well, how the hell do any of you know that? Was there a previous instance of this? How exactly do you know how Rockstar will market things? How do you know their schedule? And don't say "It's just logical". If you do, you have to explain how it's logical and how you know that's the strategy they went with.

I agree, how do people on here know these things anyway before R* says anything.

Keep this topic open, as it's a very good one

One last thing, R* can release both GTA V and MP3 near the same time as each other w/o affecting the sales of both games, and can get lots of cash as well with little time inbetween of both release dates

New info will either come before MP3 with a release date of Q1-Q2 2013, or not at all. It's simply because a lot of people will buy a Rockstar game on the pure basis that it's a Rockstar game, and if a huge Rockstar game like GTA V is due out just a few months after a small Rockstar game like MP3, a lot of people are going to save their money and wait for the big one. Another GTA V trailer before MP3 with no release date might give people the impression that it's just around the corner. That's my logic.

TheEngin33r

Nobody really knows the strategy they went with. It would just be good sense on their part not to release anything until after MP3 - as I understand, MP3 is going to be released May 12th, so it would fit in well with Rockstar's previous statement that more info will be available in a few months (as of February) if they released more info around that time. Plus it would also fit in with all these 24 05 theories floating about, for example GTAV's suspected release date or the date of the 2nd trailer. This would give them almost 2 weeks to get over the initial sales boom of MP3 before going full-on with the GTAV marketing campaign.

OFF TOPIC - has anyone else noticed that when they type in any variant of "24 05" with no space in the middle or a slash that it gets changed to "2504" when you post it? I've had this several times today and had to edit my posts to change it back and put a space in.

Edited by TheEngin33r

They said in an Ask and Answered that information will be coming in a few months back in February. You've gotta assume that since MP3 is in a few months, that's what they meant.

I don't 100% think they won't release any new info until after MP3 but I'm pretty sure of it, it's just common sense: They released the first trailer so everyone will get hooked on the newswire of their website and by that make much more people hear about MP3. The trailer was released about 4-5 months ago, enough to make everyone less excited about GTA V.

This way they got everyone checking the newswire and not really excited about GTA V, so more people will probably buy MP3. If they release more info now about GTA V people will get all excited again and just won't give a s*** about MP3.

There's nothing to go on but past behavior. If not for every game Rockstar announced in 2009 getting delayed, Rockstar would have had to talk about more than one game at a time.

L.A. Noire was previewed in Game Informer during the pre-launch hype for Red Dead Redemption.

Notably, Red Dead Redemption itself never had a Game Informer cover story, unusual for Rockstar games but an important example that there's no definite pattern to these things.

I don't think Rockstar will go all the way to Max Payne 3's release without showing progress with GTA V. We're in a situation now where once MP3 comes out there's nothing on the calendar.

The evidence is pretty clear, at least with regard to mentions about GTA SINCE the unveiling, they want the focus on MP3, since it's been in production so long. You peeps who discredit their labor on games other then GTA should really think before you type anything, the same studio, the same people, the same passion, making a few different games, come down off your own high horse, after all, you can't make a better game yourself!?!

The evidence is pretty clear, at least with regard to mentions about GTA SINCE the unveiling, they want the focus on MP3, since it's been in production so long. You peeps who discredit their labor on games other then GTA should really think before you type anything, the same studio, the same people, the same passion, making a few different games, come down off your own high horse, after all, you can't make a better game yourself!?!

I agree. I also think that since they haven't released anything in four months they probably won't in the two months left till MP3 gets released. Why would they?

It's really just an educated guess. I'm just saying don't get your hopes up until after MP3 is out.

Max Payne got delayed from this month til May. Because of that, V's marketing schedule, whatever it was, could have been affected too. May could have been the start of the major V news rampup, and my still be, but now it looks too close to Max Payne because of that delay. 2 months between wouldn't have looked crazy at all.

I dont know about people but I didn't say we wont get info about GTA V before MP3 releases, i said we wont get a 2nd trailer before Max Payne 3 is released which will happen

CorneliusCoffin
Seriously, somehow it's become an accepted fact that we won't get any new information about GTA V until MP3 is released. And well, how the hell do any of you know that? Was there a previous instance of this? How exactly do you know how Rockstar will market things? How do you know their schedule? And don't say "It's just logical". If you do, you have to explain how it's logical and how you know that's the strategy they went with.

Nobody knows. That's the whole concept behind "There's no info!" Something tells me you could have answered that yourself.

Apart from that, nobody ever claimed they'd know . Which takes me to the second point of your question: What's the logic behind their assumption?

That's easy. Any info about GTA V would take attention away from Max Payne. That's the last thing they'd want right now, because Max Payne isn't expected to sell too awesome anyways (at least in relation to its development budget.)

Now you give me one good reason why they should release some info before the release of Max Payne, from a marketing perspective.

No-one knows for sure when we are going to see something new regarding GTA:V.

However, on 13th February 2012, Rockstar's Newswire said "(we) expect that we'll be talking much more about GTAV starting at some point in a few months’ time".

Link: http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/arti...3-and-more.html

Taken in literal terms, if "a few months' time" was taken to mean three months, that would put said starting point bang in the middle of May, which is exactly when they would be releasing MP3. So most people take said statement to be more approximate and place their expectations in June after the main MP3 hype and initial selling push has died down.

So I think this is where most people get their assumption from and I don't think this is an unreasonable deduction to make. But of course, no-one is really sure. The tone of a couple of recent Rockstar comments, one saying "near future" and another saying "getting closer", could suggest a sooner date. But the only people that truly know are Rockstar themselves.

We can but wait.

No one knows that, my friend, it's just a logic.

Make your brain work and you won't need to study about marketing to now that this is what's gonna happen.

It's logicall Because if they market 2 games at the same time. One of them being GTA no one will ever give a sh*t about MP3. I mean some people will. Like me. But lot's of people would just follow GTA over MP3.

If they market GTA V after the release of MP3 they won't loose any hype surrounding the damn game.

It's simple marketing strategies.

[Now you give me one good reason why they should release some info before the release of Max Payne, from a marketing perspective.

One good reason - because there are a LOT more people wanting GTAV info than MP3 info? wink.gif

Capricornus

While I agree with you sentiments, how the hell do you know that this isn't so?

The fact of the matter is that apart from R*, no one here knows sh*t, despite how much they think they do. Yes, this is obvious but meh.

caprisig.jpg

How's everyone been holding up with no new info these past weeks?

Has there been any suicides?

Or any hunger strikes?

This is my favorite topic here. Good to see someone with a brain

Keep the faith in Christ. Never let video games get in the way of that.