Wii U Version?

Rockhard4GTA

Rockhard4GTA

GTA V for Wii U... seriously, I always thought Wii was for kids and grown men jumping around like kids. I've seen the Wii U on youtube and i doutbt Rockstar would put such a hardcore game on such a kiddy console, and if GTAV gets delayed because "complications with the WII U version" devil.gif Whats your thoughts..

If there are "complications with the wiiu version", just delay the wiiu version instead of all consoles.

Not an issue for GTA V, since I didn't hear something, with regard to Wii U, I believe like PSVita, they will be looking over the tech for possible IPs. Franchise branching or other, but it may also come to naught

I dont think GTA V will be released for the Wii-U, so i dont know where did you get that from.. If anything R* could just delay the so-called "Wii-U" version and release the game for PC and the "REAL" consoles (PS3, Xbox 360)

hmm...

Several Resident Evil games, No More Heroes, Manhunt 2, Deadrising.

Yup, the Wii was definitely a 'kids-only' console [/sarcasm]

I don't see why Rockstar wouldn't put V on the WiiU

@Gtaghost22: wtf. WiiU is a "Real Console" just because you don't like the idea behind it doesn't mean it's inferior.

MP5-Fanatic

If anyone thinks R* would avoid getting sales from a 3rd console, they're insane and full retard.

Rockhard4GTA
I dont think GTA V will be released for the Wii-U, so i dont know where did you get that from.. If anything R* could just delay the so-called "Wii-U" version and release the game for PC and the "REAL" consoles (PS3, Xbox 360)

I saw it on GTA V news, possible WII U version

GTA V for Wii U... seriously, I always thought Wii was for kids and grown men jumping around like kids. I've seen the Wii U on youtube and i doutbt Rockstar would put such a hardcore game on such a kiddy console, and if GTAV gets delayed because "complications with the WII U version" devil.gif Whats your thoughts..

Assassin's Creed 3 will also release on Wii U. I don't see anything wrong if GTAV will release on that console.

@Gtaghost22: wtf. WiiU is a "Real Console" just because you don't like the idea behind it doesn't mean it's inferior.

Actually i think the Wii-U will be good (at least better than Wii) i only said that because well.. nintendo consoles are always considered inferior/kiddy unlike Sony and microsoft consoles.

If anyone thinks R* would avoid getting sales from a 3rd console, they're insane and full retard.

Yeah, unless it's really tricky to port or there's a likelihood they'll sell a tiny amount then there most likely will be a Wii U version...

i think the wii u's extra power will give them extra room for a port, so a Wii U version does look very likely.

Depends if the cost of porting it to the Wii U is more than they make in sales. If they think it will be they just wont do it.

WbZaxRP.png

OriZarhiKing5

I don't see why not, if Assassin's Creed 3 is going to be released on Wii U, and even COD MW3 was released on the regular WII (but with pretty bad graphics), because Wii U is going to be very powerful.

lets just see what 50 million will do for V as it did for IV. Am sure if its wii u day one they were paid well.

imagine two trailers being released a year before the damn thing gets off the ground just try an get more max payne sales, pathetic it is.

I don't see why people are talking about this as if it's confirmed or something. Since when has it been suggested by Rockstar that GTA V would be on the Wii U? Since when has any GTA in the main series been on a Nintendo console? Since when do we get excited by some dodgy information from a website no one has ever heard of before?

WHAT THE F*CK IS GOING ON.

Lock n' Stock

The Wii is a kiddy console? Okay, what about mature-rated games like Manhunt 2, Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, House of the Dead: Overkill, Madworld, No More Heroes and Resident Evil 4? Just saying is all...

Sunrise Driver

X360 is more kiddie console with all that kids in CoD, Halo and GeOW.

Well if "kiddy consoles" like PS2, PS3 and Xbox/Xbox 360 can get GTA so why not Wii U? GTA V will most likely be released on Wii U.

I don't see why people are talking about this as if it's confirmed or something. Since when has it been suggested by Rockstar that GTA V would be on the Wii U? Since when has any GTA in the main series been on a Nintendo console? Since when do we get excited by some dodgy information from a website no one has ever heard of before?

...ahem, GTA 2 (GBC), GTA Advance (GBA), Chinatown Wars (NDS).

I think that developers don't like doing games for the Wii just because it ain't HD like the 360 or PS3. I remember that back in the days when this current gen of consoles started, everyone wanted to have a Wii, and you know what, the Wii has sold more than PS3 and 360. It's the PS2 of this generation. Also, when the PS2 came out, people used to think that it was inferior compared to the Dreamcast, but it sold much more because it was cheaper. The difference is that there wasn't too many HDTV sets in those times, and people didn't used to care that much about graphics, and thus, developers didn't cared that much about the system's limits and made a lot of games for it, but now that most people in developed countries have at least one plasma or LED TV in home, people want to have HD games, and Wii is an SD console, developers don't want to make titles for it just because it will look old.

And for those who say that Wii has no M-rated games, well, I don't think that Scarface: The World Is Yours was a "kiddie game".

Rockstar haven't performed well on Nintendo's platforms for varying reasons, e.g. the ease of piracy with the DS. So with most probably their biggest game to date coming up for release, I would put a yet-to-be released and unproven console (sales wise) at the bottom of their list of surely many priorities. That's not to say they will look at a port in the future, but they won't even think about trying after the game is out on the 360 and PS3 I'm sure...

PowerKracker

Well, it's time to give Nintendo a chance.

There was no GTA on GameCube due to small discs, and obviously no on Wii due to its obsolete hardware. I guess having V as a launch title for Wii U would boost the sales.

Problemses?

This is what happens when someone posts false information, it taints the minds of our young ones sad.gif

...ahem, GTA 2 (GBC), GTA Advance (GBA), Chinatown Wars (NDS).

...ahem, "any GTA in the MAIN SERIES"

GTA 2 on GBC was long ago, not to mention a disaster and not a very faithful port at all. The rest were spin-offs; not part of the main series, which I consider to be GTA, GTA 2, GTA III, GTA VC, GTA SA, GTA IV and GTA V. It just seems strange. Also, the Wii U has that controller with the screen built in. If Rockstar wanted to make a game for the Wii U, I reckon they'd make sure it's designed to take advantage of that screen and whatever other features the console has; just like Chinatown Wars.

Let's not forget that we're basing this whole thing off one website, that even admitted that its information linking GTA V with the Wii U was not a confirmation.

The possibility of V appearing on the U is the same as it appearing on the PC on launch. Yeah, it's really not that unlikely, but I'm looking at the trends here. Current gen GTAs have a tendency to not be released on PC until later. Current gen GTAs have a tendency to not be released on Nintendo consoles at all. Go figure.

GTA 2 on GBC was long ago, not to mention a disaster and not a very faithful port at all.

Not only GTA 2, but GTA 1 as well.

And it doesn't matter if it was a long ago, or if it was a "disaster". It still is a MAIN GTA in Nintendo portable.

[...]not part of the main series, which I consider to be GTA, GTA 2, GTA III, GTA VC, GTA SA, GTA IV and GTA V

GTA Vice City and San Andreas are Main Titles? GTFO!

The only 'Main Titles" are obviously GTA, GTA 2, GTA III, GTA IV and GTA V.

Now get your sh*t straight.

Whats wrong with a WII-U version? I'm actually happy that everybody who was planning to get a WII-U, will now get it 100%(if true). It's obvious that it'll come out for PS3 and 360 as well, I mean look at it, looks like a current-gen game!

Rockstar would be stupid if they did not release V for Wii U, there is no reason not to do it. It would be fun if they used the new control also in some way to make the game even better for Wii U, but that will probably not happen.

GTA 2 on GBC was long ago, not to mention a disaster and not a very faithful port at all.

Not only GTA 2, but GTA 1 as well.

And it doesn't matter if it was a long ago, or if it was a "disaster". It still is a MAIN GTA in Nintendo portable.

[...]not part of the main series, which I consider to be GTA, GTA 2, GTA III, GTA VC, GTA SA, GTA IV and GTA V

GTA Vice City and San Andreas are Main Titles? GTFO!

The only 'Main Titles" are obviously GTA, GTA 2, GTA III, GTA IV and GTA V.

Now get your sh*t straight.

The GTAC ports were nothing like the releases for the PC and Playstation and Rockstar hasn't since ported anything from the main series onto anything Nintendo.

Your opinion of what the main GTAs are still sticks to my point. None of those GTAs that were released in the past 11 years have been ported to a Nintendo console. Things may change, but I'm pointing out how unlikely it is.