3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

i dont understand why they kill jd for what

markusizr

i was at friend house today and he plays misson named The Made Man and mickey shoots jd and i was wtf why he killed for what

leave your option why mickey shoot jd

JD worked for the Sindaco's and he betrayed them.

The Leone's couldn't trust someone who had betrayed his own family.

• Like 3

can you wear leone suit in misson the made man cos i forget to write on my first post

and thanks for answer

I think you can wear the Leone Suit in that mission but I'm not sure.

And you don't have to use the quote function when you're responding to a post right above yours.

MrDanceWithLance

You can wear the Leone's Suit for any missions except for JD's missions, as prior to "The Made Man", he is still a Sindacco. However, during "The Made Man", you can wear the Leone's suit, as this is the day where JD ceases being a Sindacco Family member and (almost) becomes a Leone.

Same here man I was like WTF??? Coz on the drive there he's like "Oh the Sindaccos won't make me because of a bit of Irish ancestry" At first I thought we were going to salvatore's or something and then I realised we were going to the car crusher then BANG!

• Like 1

Same here man I was like WTF??? Coz on the drive there he's like "Oh the Sindaccos won't make me because of a bit of Irish ancestry" At first I thought we were going to salvatore's or something and then I realised we were going to the car crusher then BANG!

lol

• 1 month later...

I must admit I was prettty freaked on the mission "The making of Toni Cippriani" When the car pulls up and you have to drive with Micky sitting directly behind you, I expected it to be a boss mission like the Vincenso one. (Probably spelt wrong sorry)

• Like 4

Mickey is a killer LOL,he always sits behind at the back seats to shoot the front seats xD

Mickey is a killer LOL,he always sits behind at the back seats to shoot the front seats xD

why mickey was here in ceremony

Lol XD

When the mission started and I had to drive with Micky behind me I actually ran off to get ammo before I got in the car. biggrin.gif

• KEKW 1

• 3 weeks later...
Shane X. Walsh

First Question, Why JD was killed in " The Made Man "?

Because he works for Sinadacco due to his place at Red Light District which probably is Sinadacco's turf. JD actually a Leone member, during his influence with Sindacco, he turned back.

About Mickey.

Mickey is a Leone member, quite to be a same level with Vicenzo, he was paid by Salvatore to kill a betrayed JD.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 years later...

It is implied during the game that JD was originally a Leone, but betrayed them to joim the Sindaccos instead. Now in the course of the game he wants to betray the Sindaccos and join back with the Leones.

Sal simply couldn't trust the man who turned on his own kind not once, but twice. Cause if you think about it, JD didn't join back with the Leones because he thought they were fairer or better or anything, he only joined back with them because the Sindaccos wouldn't make him a made man so it was for his personal gain. The game could've done a better job at emphasising these points so his death could've been less eerie but what are you gonna do?

Edited by E Revere
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
StraightouttaNewport
On 8/7/2020 at 6:18 AM, E Revere said:

It is implied during the game that JD was originally a Leone, but betrayed them to joim the Sindaccos instead. Now in the course of the game he wants to betray the Sindaccos and join back with the Leones.

Sal simply couldn't trust the man who turned on his own kind not once, but twice. Cause if you think about it, JD didn't join back with the Leones because he thought they were fairer or better or anything, he only joined back with them because the Sindaccos wouldn't make him a made man so it was for his personal gain. The game could've done a better job at emphasising these points so his death could've been less eerie but what are you gonna do?

When was it stated that JD was originally a Leone? Don't remember that at all.

On 8/25/2020 at 7:28 PM, StraightouttaNewport said:

When was it stated that JD was originally a Leone? Don't remember that at all.

One of Vinnie's missions starts with dialogue like:

"You remember JD O'Toole?"

"Difficult to forget."

"blah blah blah Interesting thing is, he wants to be a Leone now."

"f*ck him. He made his choice."

JD was a snitch, its a pretty expected outcome for him in any kind of mafia.

I think the real question here is, why did you have to drive to the car crusher to shoot him and not crush the car? You have to go dump it in the river.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/15/2012 at 9:23 AM, BlackGuard said:

Spoiler
Spoiler

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Posted (edited)
On 8/28/2020 at 8:51 AM, E Revere said:

One of Vinnie's missions starts with dialogue like:

"You remember JD O'Toole?"

"Difficult to forget."

"blah blah blah Interesting thing is, he wants to be a Leone now."

"f*ck him. He made his choice."

The exact transcript is:

Vincenzo: Hey, remember JD O'Toole?

Toni: Difficult to forget...

Vincenzo: He's currently running a Sindacco-controlled titty-bar, I mean gentleman's club. The interesting thing is, he wants to be a Leone now.

Toni: f*ck him! He made his choice.

Thus, "his choice" could just mean him being "currently running a Sindacco-controlled titty-bar" instead of a "Leone-controlled" one. It's never stated he had been a Leone associate before being with the Sindaccos.

While it's true JD turned on the Sindaccos entirely for his own benefit, he only did so after he had been denied any further promotion due to something that was not his responsability (his heritage). There's also no reason to think he wouldn't betray the Leones if that could reap him some gains, just like he did with his original family, but that's not something we can know for sure.

In my opinion, Sal made him get killed due to his increasing paranoia (which gets more fueled as the plot goes on). After CJ betrayed him in Las Venturas, I feel like he didn't want to take any chances, so he replaced JD with someone more trustworthy. That pragmatism would get him killed by Claude later.

Edited by Platybus
Typos.
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Salvatore preferred to clean up loose ends by having them whacked he trusted few people after cj f*cked him over in 92. Pragmatically speaking it was smart to kill JD dude betrayed the sindaccos what's to think by 2001 he wouldn't sell the Leones out to the cartel or Yakuza or the feds. 

• Like 2

LeatherJacketSoldier
On 5/15/2012 at 1:29 PM, MoroccanGeek said:

Much like Peter "Pete" Clemenza in The Godfather. Only that Carlo Rizzi deserved it, O'Toole didn't. J.D. wasn't too smart to disguise a future betrayal, if he wanted to become a Leone just for material benefits, even Toni would have noticed it in no time (keep in mind that Toni asked Mickey why did he kill O'Toole).

11 hours ago, Copcaller said:

Salvatore preferred to clean up loose ends by having them whacked he trusted few people after cj f*cked him over in 92. Pragmatically speaking it was smart to kill JD, dude betrayed the sindaccos,

Yeah, you're right

11 hours ago, Copcaller said:

what's to think by 2001 he wouldn't sell the Leones out to the cartel or Yakuza or the feds. 

Perhaps you meant "would"? I mean, you're speaking strictly of Sal's POV, as I said before I don't think O'Toole was going to betray the Leones. What I think is, that J.D. lacked of the mafia personality, he was more of a clown than a mafia goon. It would have been embarrasing for the Leones to have J.D. walking around on the streets in a Leone suit. Thus, Sal got him killed for the same reason the Sindaccos wouldn't make him, for prejudice, though it's only my particular opinion. And told Mickey to kill him for treason purposes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2021 at 8:45 AM, LeatherJacketSoldier said:

Much like Peter "Pete" Clemenza in The Godfather. Only that Carlo Rizzi deserved it, O'Toole didn't. J.D. wasn't too smart to disguise a future betrayal, if he wanted to become a Leone just for material benefits, even Toni would have noticed it in no time (keep in mind that Toni asked Mickey why did he kill O'Toole).

Yeah, you're right

Perhaps you meant "would"? I mean, you're speaking strictly of Sal's POV, as I said before I don't think O'Toole was going to betray the Leones. What I think is, that J.D. lacked of the mafia personality, he was more of a clown than a mafia goon. It would have been embarrasing for the Leones to have J.D. walking around on the streets in a Leone suit. Thus, Sal got him killed for the same reason the Sindaccos wouldn't make him, for prejudice, though it's only my particular opinion. And told Mickey to kill him for treason purposes.

Yeah he definitely had no intentions of letting him be made as he would lose face for letting a non Italian into the gang. Maybe be would have been loyal but maybe he wouldn't and Salvatore wisely didn't want to gamble on it. 

• Like 2