What if the map is done Midnight Club: LA style

JStarr31

What if its like MCLA. At release its only Los Santos and surrounding countryside, but when map its viewed in the start menu it shows a satellite view of most of San Andreas state, including SF & LV. Later on unlocking it with DLC. In MCLA, the start menu shows a satellite view of a good percentage of LA County, though some parts shown weren't accessible it still showcased a broader LA. Later on it was revealed that those parts were to be unlocked with then upcoming DLC, not sure if more than one DLC was released but i am positive of one titled "South Central" unlocking more map to roam around and race.

The maps in LA:N & RDR were a bit similar, more so LA:N. If you notice, the map in Noire showed "boarder roads" but weren't accessible, yet had street names, homes, and even see had textures rendered on them though the player couldn't physically go to them. It added a sense of: there's more out there and the player was pay of something bigger.

What i'm getting at is, what if the same is applied to V. You get an image of most of San Andreas including SF & LV along with some new cities and towns in between that will become accessible through future DLC followed by GTAV: Complete Edition (maybe Oakland and San Jose will come along side SF being that i feel San Deigo and Burbank will be included along side LS with Paradise, NV and Hoover Dam alongside LV)

At worst, SF & LV aren't included (best case senario) they just have the map menu screen show a next-gen depiction of San Andreas just for old time sake with SoSA accessible only and the rest be depictions of SF LV and what ever else for fan-boyism, cannonism, and nostalgia. (though flying toward them would result in endless terrain, mountain, or desert.

BTW: I'm am 99.6% sure its just Los Santos and surrounding coutryside...0.04% sure San Diego is included with it

Edited by JStarr31

Why would anybody want those cities as DLC?

DLC's are always so damn small, and if we get cities in a DLC, we'll just end up getting a small city.

how do jets and helicopters fit in this?

Thats what i keep saying to people who claim the map will be small.. If there are jets, hydras (most likely) then the map is HUGE. Period

I see what you mean, but im allergic to invisible borders.

It would be too frustrating to see a city on the horizon and

when I fly towards it i suddenly bounce back with an on screen message

saying, "you can not go this way"

That will take away more from the main game experience than any dlc could add.

how do jets and helicopters fit in this?

Thats what i keep saying to people who claim the map will be small.. If there are jets, hydras (most likely) then the map is HUGE. Period

LA is huge. The county itself has 15 public airports. At least 7 of them are multi-runway and/or major airports. That isn't counting the other airports in the LA-area, that is just the county itself. (See Orange, San Bernardino, Riverside and Ventura Counties for more.)