iPad and iTunes

Rucke

Recently I got an iPad 2. I have some problems with importing files from iTunes into the iPad. Basically I can't do anything. I can't move or remove files, can't create new playlists. I can't choose any options because they are all marked with grey text.

I have updated the software but it's still the same.

No probelms with syncing my iPhone 4 though. Works perfectly fine and I can add new music, films etc. All the things I want to be able to do with my iPad as well.

Any ideas how to solve this?

user posted image

Stupid question but I have to ask. Is the iPad seen/listed in iTunes?

Can you take a screen shot to show exactly what you're having problems with?

Is it set to auto sync everything? I try fiddling with the options under the iPad's 'home menu' screen you get in iTunes.

it's probably greyed out because you didn't' tick the sync *insertmediatypehere* box as demonstrated below:

user posted image

Tick that box and you'll be able to sync whatever you want. If that didn't work, then you better post screenshots as wolf suggested.

user posted image

user posted image

My iPad: Everything is completely paralyzed, can't move, import or remove anything either in iTunes or the iPad itself.

user posted image

My iPhone: How it should be.

user posted image

Edited by Rucke

user posted image

Just out of curiosity why on both pictures does it say the Iphone is connected, and not the Ipad and the Iphone? The only thing I can think of is what Matt said, and that you haven't clicked what you wanted synced on the actual device before you start making playlists and what not.

Just out of curiosity why on both pictures does it say the Iphone is connected, and not the Ipad and the Iphone? The only thing I can think of is what Matt said, and that you haven't clicked what you wanted synced on the actual device before you start making playlists and what not.

Because the menu is in the way. They are both connected and synced.

I'm running out of ideas why I can't use my iPad.

user posted image

What version iOS is running on the iPad? What version of iTunes are you using?

What happens if you go file > sync "Rickard's iPad"?

And this is probably a silly question, yeah, but have you got the iPad plugged in with the cable? Or are you trying to sync over wifi?

Edited by Otter

Ok let's take this step by step.

First sync one at a time. Not really sure that's needed but it's just a suggestion to eliminate any possible problems.

When you say "files" exactly which files are you referring to? Explain in more detail to the exact problem.

Instead of screens with of the File menu, take some screens of the iPad pages in iTunes; which ever part of file transfer you're talking about, Music, Apps, Tones, and so on.