Female protagonist?

Jammyget

While this topic has been done a lot of times, I will say yes, I would play the game if the protagonist was a female.

I would recommend using the search function, but it sucks balls so I'll spare you the crap.

Allow me kind, sir.

These are the results of just searching for the word "female" in topic titles only in the GTA V forum in the last 60 days:

Topic Title Forum Topic Starter Replies Views Last Action
user posted image
user posted image
Poll: Male or Female? (Pages 1 2 3 )

Who would you rather play as?

GTA V
Rob.
Friday, Feb 3 2012, 01:32

Last Post by: cherrycola

user posted image
user posted image
Female Protagonist? (Pages 1 2 3 )

"Unique Direction"

GTA V
GTAVIViceCity
Thursday, Feb 2 2012, 06:54

Last Post by: Cole Phelps Gta

Note: There was also a thread about female cops, but I haven't bothered to list that one here.

lol, nice one Meson1 cookie.gificon14.gif

That would have to be one damn big kitchen to explore though.

Stop being a sexist asshole for once in your life... Its not funny

Its a joke jackass.

Lets see.. If i insulted you or your mother/race, would you still accept it as joke?? I'm not a female but i hate sexism and racism

Its a joke jackass.

Lets see.. If i insulted you or your mother/race, would you still accept it as joke?? I'm not a female but i hate sexism and racism

JBanton is on common ground with GTAGhost22 here smile.gif

Its a joke jackass.

I've got a mother, daughter, sister, fiance, etc. And I care for and respect them all.

However, That joke was still funny.

OT: I don't want to spend the entire game crashing into poles, or ironing shirts, so... No female protag.

Capricornus
While this topic has been done a lot of times, I will say yes, I would play the game if the protagonist was a female.

I would recommend using the search function, but it sucks balls so I'll spare you the crap.

Allow me kind, sir.

These are the results of just searching for the word "female" in topic titles only in the GTA V forum in the last 60 days:

Topic Title Forum Topic Starter Replies Views Last Action
user posted image
user posted image
Poll: Male or Female? (Pages 1 2 3 )

Who would you rather play as?

GTA V
Rob.
Friday, Feb 3 2012, 01:32

Last Post by: cherrycola

user posted image
user posted image
Female Protagonist? (Pages 1 2 3 )

"Unique Direction"

GTA V
GTAVIViceCity
Thursday, Feb 2 2012, 06:54

Last Post by: Cole Phelps Gta

Note: There was also a thread about female cops, but I haven't bothered to list that one here.

Good job my child.

Maybe now this topic will get locked. We honestly don't need yet another one around here.

caprisig.jpg

user posted image

If our protagonist looks like this, and this is GTA V, this game would be perfect IMO ❤❤❤HT FTW❤❤❤

Its a joke jackass.

My friends make black jokes all the thime, doesn't bother me a bit. Doesn't even bother me when they make Muslim terrorist jokes and i'm a Muslim. And "women" is a much more general group than, "my mom", of course that would be more personal. Quit bieng so sensetive.

oh great, here come the over sensitive female protecting alphas.....

I would prefer a male protaganist, I find women in violent games over compensate (see catalina and asuka) and try too hard to be tough. A female sidekick or family member or boss is fine, but I want to play as a man

Its a joke jackass.

But jokes are supposed to be funny.

Anyway, equal rights equal fights, I always say. I'd still play it as long as the character wasn't annoyingly over-sexualized like you see in a lot of other games.

4XEtraA.jpg

Had this thread loads of times before. I wouldn't mind a female protag at all. I don't much care what the protag is as long as the game is fun.

I am getting too old for games. GTAV is the only game i am probably gonna buy and play.

I just need 1 tiny reason not to buy it and if it would feature a woman protagonist, that might be the only thing i need not to buy it.

If i was 10 years younger, yeah i think i would still play it.

I am getting too old for games. GTAV is the only game i am probably gonna buy and play.

I just need 1 tiny reason not to buy it and if it would feature a woman protagonist, that might be the only thing i need not to buy it.

You cant be too old to play games.. Look at Slamman & Cidamelo (she is a woman) they are both over 45 years old and they still play and love GTA

PS: i'm only 18 years old

I'd play it, but i'd probably dislike the singleplayer, all of the GTA characters are male and really thats the way it should stay, a woman doesnt fit the lifestyle...

I usually don't mind playing as female characters in some games, but GTA is always set in a modern (kind of) urban setting and the storyline is always crime-related. And that's the problem, women are rarely involved in organized crime. Even in movies, we don't see women gangsters vey often (and when we do, they are complete psychopaths, the same cliché over and over again, a crazy hot girl in high heels shooting everyone).

But that said, R* can make wonders (before TLAD came out, I thought it was impossible for me to like a GTA based around biker gangs, it ended being my favorite atmosphere of the series), so I would trust them if they announced such a thing.

I want to play as a tough asshole, not like a sissy dancing pussycat making a damn sandwich.

So no, I don't want a female protag.

G1T

I am trying to come around to the thought of us possibly being a older gentlemen, so being a female would blow my mind. I am not sexist and i think female main roles are fantastic in some games.... but not my cup of tea when it comes to gta.

ToniForelli

Well what are we going to do with hookers and strip clubs eh?

G1T

drunk lesbian. lol

This is the trade off really. We get to stare at a girl's ass for the whole game but we don't get to go to strip clubs without a whole sh*t more load controversy.

That said, girl on girl is considered hot, so I suppose so.

Yes. It would be interesting. MAYBE, they should make one of the episodes for GTA V have a female lead character.

I want to play as a tough asshole, not like a sissy dancing pussycat making a damn sandwich.

So no, I don't want a female protag.

Say that to one of the females from Saints row 2 or 3 that you can be. tounge2.gif

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

UberChargedCJ

unless if GTA V it's like saints row the third with character customization

Edited by UberChargedCJ

Finn 7 five 11

Male hookers and male strip clubs obviously.

Male hookers and male strip clubs obviously.

Considering most GTA players are dudes, I don't think that would be very popular.

You cant be too old to play games.. Look at Slamman & Cidamelo (she is a woman) they are both over 45 years old and they still play and love GTA

PS: i'm only 18 years old

Exactly. Your 18? Im 17. And i like talking sh*t to people on GTA IV online. (you see me on there with my sister playing, prepare to be made fun of).

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

John The Grudge

Nothing wrong with a female protagonist. I play Mass Effect with a female character and couldn't imagine it any other way.

Nothing wrong with a female protagonist. I play Mass Effect with a female character and couldn't imagine it any other way.

I play fallout 3 and NV as female, same as Saints Row 2 and 3.

zackryderwoo

Nothing wrong with a female protagonist.  I play Mass Effect with a female character and couldn't imagine it any other way.

I play fallout 3 and NV as female, same as Saints Row 2 and 3.

Put it this way. Whos ass would you rather look at while playing the game? In games like GTA and RDR, the main character needs to be a dude. I don't mean to be sexist, but it definetly allows for a more action packed story and 98% of players are men, so playing a story from the view of a woman would mess things up. I play as Lucia on RDR online cause, well you know how it is.

I have no objection whatsoever to a female protag.

I've played as a female protag before in the Tomb Raider series. And when I recently played SR2 for the first time, I chose a female for my character. If I were to indulge in playing SR3, I'd probably do the same on that too.

As far as GTA goes, I think some issues exist regarding physicality in so far as women aren't typically as strong as men. So hauling drivers bodily out of their cars when car jacking might not look quite believable on screen. When I was playing SR2 there were more than a few times during the course of the story that my protag's strength did seem disproportionate to her appearance.

But that isn't to say that there aren't solutions. This could be got round if she were armed and forced drivers out at gunpoint (as Niko sometimes did in GTA:IV). Alternatively, arm and/or wrist locks are very effective at making people do what you want. In fact, if our female character was skilled in a suitable fighting discipline, the whole hand to hand combat can most definitely be made to work without her having to be overly muscular. But her combat style would be likely to be agile, mobile and fast rather than one relying on power. Overall, these types of solutions could then be extended to other areas in which she might be disadvantaged physically.

Of course, women also tend to think differently to men (as those of you with girlfriends will know). This means that their approach to solving problems and getting what they want can be quite different. This would be reflected in her character and the dialogue written for her.

On the negative side, one issue that cannot be ignored is that GTA's demographic is heavily male and as such it might make it more difficult for some players to identify with the female GTA persona that they are being asked to adopt. This is evidenced by the fact that so many of you seem to find it awkward to visualize playing as a girl.

To be honest, I doubt we will see a female protagonist any time soon. Although, if GTA:V does feature multiple playable characters, I wouldn't be surprised if they made one of them a girl. Who knows.