Rogue US soldier kills women, children in Afghan r

lil weasel

So...what do you want us to say?

Really, can we just quit it with the Off Topic forum becoming the News Article forum? I think this sucks, I really do. I wish the soldier hadn't done that. I think it reflects badly on our Armed Forces even if it was a lone individual with obvious psychological problems, but saying that doesn't do anything.

Yeah that is kind of brutal and all sorts of not good, but I'm kind of going with Oddsock on this one. That body count might even be less than when we have the freaks in the states walk into fast food restaurants and mow everyone down. If this guy didn't have a government issued gun, I'm willing to be bet he would have done the same thing just here in the states.

Although, I don't mind the news topics here. It is pretty sad how much current events I get from this place since I generally avoid all that crap in my daily life.

It's a huge blow to the public relations and image of the US in Afghanistan, and also ISAF forces in general. Things were just starting to die down after the whole Koran burning last month, and then this. Apparently he went from house to house killing people, but I don't get how he was just allowed to wander off on his own anyways. It's going to completely destroy any trust that was there for a lot of the civillians living there, and no doubt there will be revenge attacks.

This guy is in a war zone, possibly getting shot at everyday. It doesn't surprise me that he snapped. Of course what he did was wrong, but it's easy to see how someone could instantly snap in conditions like that. War sucks. And the worst part is that he's putting his fellow soldiers in danger, because there's surely going to be revenge attacks coming their way.

And the worst part is that he's putting his fellow soldiers in danger

No I'm pretty sure the worst part is the 16 dead civillians including 9 children.

No I'm pretty sure the worst part is the 16 dead civillians including 9 children.

I know this is going to sound terrible, but I care much more about his fellow soldiers than the civilians. It's a part of war. Civilians die. Yeah, it's tragic, but I'm much more concerned about US soldiers possibly dying because of the actions of this guy who snapped.

Edited by Travis93

MrDanceWithLance

Soldiers shouldn't shoot delibrately shoot civillians, they should save their bullets for their enemies. Shooting civillians will further damage relationships between the two countries, as well as give the unit a bad reputation.

Why was this made public? How does it benefit America to have this grim little horror show plastered all over the news?

This whole incident should have been covered up and the culprit swiftly disposed of.

Guns N R0se
Why was this made public? How does it benefit America to have this grim little horror show plastered all over the news?

This whole incident should have been covered up and the culprit swiftly disposed of.

I blame liberals

MrDanceWithLance

By "disposing" of the person, do you mean kill them, or discharge them?

I know this is going to sound terrible, but I care much more about his fellow soldiers than the civilians. It's a part of war. Civilians die. Yeah, it's tragic, but I'm much more concerned about US soldiers possibly dying because of the actions of this guy who snapped.

What?!

So you're more concerned with the people that CAN defend themselves, than the people who could not?

Guns N R0se

What?!

So you're more concerned with the people that CAN defend themselves, than the people who could not?

American lives>Foreigners

This

@Guns N R0se Stop being a stupid brianwashed racist c*nt for once in your life.. People like you make me sick

PS: f*ck the US government..

Edited by Gtaghost22

Guns N R0se

This

@Guns N R0se Stop being a stupid brianwashed racist c*nt for once in your life.. People like you make me sick

Looking out for my own makes me racist? That makes sense.

Also, your teenage angst is showing.

Well, that purely depends on whether or not he was aware of what he was doing. If his actions were the result of some psychological imbalance, then punishing him would be sadistic and just as reprehensible as his own actions. No, I think it more likely that this man needs severe counselling and rehabilitation.

No matter how disgusted people may be, you don't string up a man if he lacks the lucidity to even understand his wrongdoing.

Well, that purely depends on whether or not he was aware of what he was doing. If his actions were the result of some psychological imbalance, then punishing him would be sadistic and just as reprehensible as his own actions. No, I think it more likely that this man needs severe counselling and rehabilitation.

No matter how disgusted people may be, you don't string up a man if he lacks the lucidity to even understand his wrongdoing.

He killed 16 innocent people, and damaged the reputation and credibility of the armed forces operating in Afghanistan. He destroyed hard work and a bond of trust that takes years to build up. I don't care if the guy is a raving loon, the bastard should pay for what he's done and should never set foot outside of contained walls.

Also your earlier post about covering it up... seriously? Not only is that morally reprehensible but has pretty much no chance of succeeding. Imagine if it got out, it would make the situation 10 times worse. And there would be a very high chance of it getting out.

He killed 16 innocent people, and damaged the reputation and credibility of the armed forces operating in Afghanistan. He destroyed hard work and a bond of trust that takes years to build up. I don't care if the guy is a raving loon, the bastard should pay for what he's done and should never set foot outside of contained walls.

So you think it's perfectly all right to punish a mentally ill man simply because you want some payback?

Sorry mate, but mental illness is an excuse. And punishing someone who isn't aware of what they are doing is a barbaric throwback to a more ignorant, cruel time.

But it's all conjecture at this point, we don't know why this fellow killed all those people. For all we know, he simply thought it was fun and games.

Legacy-666_

1 bad apple makes world headlines yet hundreds of suicide bombers kill thousands of innocent people each year in Afghanistan.

3 tours in Iraq and then deployed to Afghanistan. Seeing that much war will surely screw your head.Im suprised it doesnt happen more often.

MrDanceWithLance

What?!

American lives>Foreigners

It should be Foreigners > American Lives. The Americans chose to put themselves on the front line. The civillians didn't. Also, the Americans should be protecting the civilians, not the civilians protecting the Americans. The Americans have guns, the civillians don't.

This

What teenage angst?? you are only 1 year older than me, and yes you are RACIST for saying that american lives are more imporatnt than foreigners which is quite the opposite actually

Edited by Gtaghost22

I was hoping that someone would remember this:

The Maywand District murder of Afgan civilians:

Staff Sergeant David Bram was sentenced to five years in prison eligible for parole after serving about 3 years and four months of his five-year sentence

Staff Sergeant Calvin Gibbs was sentenced to life with the possibility of parole after 10 years minus the 547 days of pretrial confinement

Pfc. Andrew Holmes was sentenced to 7 years jail.

Sgt. Darren Jones was sentenced to seven months in prison

Spc. Adam Kelly was sentenced to 60 days hard labor

Pfc. Ashton A. Moore was demoted to private and must forfeit half of a month’s pay.

Spc. Corey Moore was sentenced to 60 days hard labor

Spc. Jeremy N. Morlock has been sentenced to 24 years in prison eligible for parole after serving 7 years

Spc. Emmitt Quintal sentenced to 90 days hard labor

Staff Sergeant Robert Stevens sentenced to nine months in prison

Spc. Adam Winfield sentenced to 3 years in prison

Spc. Michael Wagnon faced the following charges: possessing a human skull fragment, conspiracy to harm Afghans, premeditated murder, assaulting noncombatants, trying to destroy evidence for which Maj. Gen. Lloyd Miles dismissed the charges.

And to further show how tough the U. S. (is from years back):

20 Die in Italy As U.S. Jet Cuts A Ski Lift Cable, plane lands safe.

The Pentagon's spokesman, Kenneth H. Bacon, said, ''There will have to be a full investigation.''

The pilot, Captain Richard J. Ashby, and his navigator, Captain Joseph Schweitzer found not guilty of involuntary manslaughter and negligent homicide. And were dismissed from the Marine Corps for destroying a videotape recorded from the plane.

Edited by lil weasel

Guns N R0se

This

What teenage angst?? you are only 1 year older than me, and yes you are RACIST for saying that american lives are more imporatnt than foreigners which is quite the opposite actually

"f*ck the government"... that statement is full of teenage angst. Anarchy is edgy and cool!

Also, American =/= a race.

I've said it before, if you had to chose to save the life of a family member or save the life of a stranger, who would you choose? The family member. Americans need to stick together and look out for our own people.

Got it! (From the Viet Nam era)...

Might makes Right.

You're either for U.S. or against U.S.

Citizen's For American Right or wrong!

Since you Hate America, get Out!

Support our Troops!

America can do No Wrong!

Got it! (From the Viet Nam era)...

Might makes Right.

You're either for U.S. or against U.S.

Citizen's For American Right or wrong!

Since you Hate America, get Out!

Support our Troops!

America can do No Wrong!

Sarcasm.. Right?

I've said it before, if you had to chose to save the life of a family member or save the life of a stranger, who would you choose?

Same nationality =/= family member

Edited by Gtaghost22

US-soldier kills 16 civilians.

US-soldiers burn Koran-books.

US-soldiers pose in front of an SS-flag.

These guys seriously have got some issues to work on...

Ted Bundys Bedsheets

It's a part of war, civilians die. Really? Wow, You've a lot of growing up to do pal. What about 9/11? You can say thats an act of terrorism but it was their war, against the west. It's OK, it's war, civilians die.

BTW, this guy murdered people women and children. He had no right to do that.

War is f*cking sick. I can't believe that sh*t goes on by first world countries in this day and age. Everyone is a loser in it. I think I've no respect for soldiers that believe they are 'fighting for their country' usually in a country they know nothing about THOUSANDS of miles across the world from their country to 'defend their freedom.' It's all laughable bullsh*t.

Theres an awful lot of bigoted bullsh*t and rhetoric in this topic, as I rather assumed there would be. To all those amongst you who are claiming that this is worse for ISAF than Afghans, I'm inclined to agree to a point. But the issue is ISAF isn't just America. How do you think this reflects on, say, British or Norwegian armed forces who are in no way culpable?

As for the "it's a warzone" tripe, the Afghan citizens did not ask to become embroiled in this conflict. Part of the ISAF mandate is to protect civilians so you can forget all the bigoted egocentric America-f*ck-yeah bollocks. Every combatent out there knows the risks posed to them personally and to try and defend the murderous actions of an individual by dismissing them as collatoral damage is just idiotic. The simple fact of the matter is that not only has the individual comitted a war crime, they've also threatened the life of every one of their colleauges.

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.7GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN CPU Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | ASUS RTX 4080 TUF @2970MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

Ted Bundys Bedsheets

1 bad apple makes world headlines yet hundreds of suicide bombers kill thousands of innocent people each year in Afghanistan.

3 tours in Iraq and then deployed to Afghanistan. Seeing that much war will surely screw your head.Im suprised it doesnt happen more often.

I suppose you call child rapists and other serial killers bad apples too, yeah?

And in response to your post. What's your point? You think this shouldn't make headlines because there's other crime out there? Murdering a person is generally headline worthy. Murdering more than one person is generally headline worthy. A U.S. soldier, gone nuts murdering people is generally headline worthy I think.

Edited by Ted Bundys Bedsheets

MrDanceWithLance
US-soldier kills 16 civilians.

US-soldiers burn Koran-books.

US-soldiers pose in front of an SS-flag.

These guys seriously have got some issues to work on...

I totally agree with you. The Americans have got to learn some respect, and they have got to learn what is right, and what is not. ALso, to add to your list, the Americans were urinating on the dead bodies of Taliban soldiers.