Airports

dansgas1000

dansgas1000

How should they change, should they change.

Let's talk about the airports in previous GTA games:

Grand theft Auto 3:

I found that the airports were okay, they had some details, not a bad airport for a fairly old game.

Grand Theft Auto Vice City:

Again not to bad but like GTA3 the planes were crap and you could drive/walk/go through them. The airport was enterable (I THINK)

Grand theft Auto: San Andreas

The airports in this game was terrible, no planes taking of, not even on the airport and all of the airports barely had detail and i didin't like them very much, apart from easter bay airport. Also i think the runways were too small, like my AT-400 at Las venturas could barely get in the air by the time i get to the end of the runway. And i also liked how you could get a ticket and fly somewhere.

Grand theft Auto IV

Massive improvement, much more detailed, planes on the runway and you didn't go right through them, but a few things, the FLY US 747's were the only planes on the runway, the airport building itself wasn't enterable and THE PLANES DIDIN'T TAKE OFF AND LAND!

So should airports improve?

What new stuff/features should rockstar add?

Make them enterable like VC, useable like SA, and detailed like GTA IV minus the wanted level for entering the tarmac.

Make them usable enter able and no more stars for getting on the run way, that was the best place for speed and stunts in iv and you got an automatic four stars for getting on the run way. Maby of you shoot but not just for walking on to it.

ShotGunRain

Enterable airport buildings, ATC, if a car stays behind the jet engine it should roll and crash. More airport vehicles that actually do their job like put the bags in the plane. There should be emergency landings too.

Make them enterable like VC, useable like SA, and detailed like GTA IV minus the wanted level for entering the tarmac.

Exactly what i was going to post..

The airport in VC was indeed accessible, but it was limited in that all you had access to was a pay phone and some very pretty aesthetics, as well as a roof you could get mad air off providing you were good enough to get on it. Having a similar sort of thing in V wouldn't be too bad. I'd quite enjoy looking around a gate or two, and perhaps a diner, but nothing too elaborate. I'd hate to feel like they've put too much attention in an area that would have little use when I see more underdeveloped locations that could have really done with some expansion. Missions set there are fine, but you're always going to get the anti-terrorist argument.

BOOOOM!!! you said it all I agree 100% icon14.gif

ye w/e   go bother someone else with your BS

nothing is happening on these forums anyways, with no info, the forums are basically dead and filled with garbage threads

Well, I'm tired of reading your garbage PMs.

BANHAMMER

Just to add, playing on IV's airport tarmac is some of the most fun I've had in a GTA game.

ShotGunRain
The airport in VC was indeed accessible, but it was limited in that all you had access to was a pay phone and some very pretty aesthetics, as well as a roof you could get mad air off providing you were good enough to get on it. Having a similar sort of thing in V wouldn't be too bad. I'd quite enjoy looking around a gate or two, and perhaps a diner, but nothing too elaborate. I'd hate to feel like they've put too much attention in an area that would have little use when I see more underdeveloped locations that could have really done with some expansion. Missions set there are fine, but you're always going to get the anti-terrorist argument.

I wish the jetways were accessible in San Andreas. It would have been cool to enter the planes via jetways. Hope they put it in V.

Death2Drugs

Exactly what i was going to post..

This. Imagine starting a "No Russian"-style massacre in V... devil.gif

i never even knew the planes never took off in san andreas till i came to these forums i guess as a kid i didn't really care

Jamie Smith

There has to be Military Andromadas, FIB Shamals & Police AT-400s, at the Airports

I want a mix. I want to have an airport that can show planes take off, fly planes, bomb planes, go inside the airport, etc. A perfect example of going inside, planes flying AND flying one? GTA VC, or Saints Row 2.

Btw, in SA for PC or Mac, theres a mod to make planes take off. Its a CLEO mod.

I FOUND IT!: http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=8768

I love this mod.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Kwandilibro

I really only liked the Easter Bay airport in SA, because the rest... just sucked. But I did like being able to access the airport in VC, which is something I'd like to see return in V. IV's airport was absolutely beautiful, but the lack of planes going anywhere, coupled with the four star wanted level really made me rather avoid the airport. The wanted level is undertandable in NYC, though, since you could probably get arrested for pissing your pants in your kitchen at the sight of a waterbug. still, it was annoying though.

Yeah like other people have said, I want them to be appealing to the eye and at the same time fully interactive.

jdrandall38

They don't need to be extremely functional just need to be enterable and need to have a whole lot more traffic around and inside (people and cars)

Cole Phelps Gta

I never spent much time at the airport I didn't even know about the wanted level tbo you can't fly planes so I found the airport rather pointless

#HEEL

You're too cowardly to even take the heat for it from the people you troll, instead running to the moderators wasting our time with sh*t you started. GTFO.

#BANHAMMER

Here's what I'll like to see:

- More/Bigger airports

- Planes taking off & landing

- People getting on & off planes

- Terminal access with lots of people

- Lots of taxi, bus, rides etc at airport & lots of plane on runway

- Buyable tickets

- Airport access (pilot license require) or else 2 wanted stars (4 was too much)

- Road/highway that goes under airport

- Helicopter at airports

- Big planes (Boeing, Airline etc)

- Securities & metal detector

- Parking, CTA, ATS, Elevator, stairs etc

- Towing cars for illegal parking

- Levels

- Pilotable planes

This:

user posted image

TheGreene2010

The planes in GTA IV never took off nor did they land. It just gave it that elusion they did. biggrin.gif

I want the planes to take off and land and not just one type of plane neither. X-Plane does it well I believe, they have planes spawn, take off and land... also have some go arounds too. icon14.gif

I think airports are one of the most interesting places to have in a sandbox crime game. So if R* aren't just pretentiously selling this "immersive open world game" concept, I would hope they actually make the effort the make the airport fully accessible and alive. Enterable, passengers checking in and out, planes landing and taking off. Everything.

If they've really been hard at work for this long on GTA V having all these is a possibility. Too bad R* are unpredictable with both good and sh*tty surprises.

I f*cking hated how you got a wanted level in GTA IV.

The airport was the only good spot to do some jumps/top speed runs.

They need to get rid of that in GTA V for the love of cheese burgers.

Just to add, playing on IV's airport tarmac is some of the most fun I've had in a GTA game.

Yeh especially freemode. Hopefully RS will add more ramps and heli pads because I have a feeling LSX will be one of the freemode hotspots in V.

I want my car to be toppled over by the thrust of a jet engine when driving closely behind it. There's wind in GTA V so they could do this too, I guess.

And runways should be a little longer, imo.

For all I care, they can just copy and taste the airport from VC... I JUST WANT TO GO INSIDE!

dansgas1000
I f*cking hated how you got a wanted level in GTA IV.

The airport was the only good spot to do some jumps/top speed runs.

They need to get rid of that in GTA V for the love of cheese burgers.

agreed

Mokrie Dela

this with one exception.

The felon should remain, unless:

-Like SA you get a pilot's lisence

-You have a good disguise(outfi)

- are in a cop/fire/ambulance vehicle.

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

087rqaU.pngVw81Z2a.pngxWvxZoT.png1fb6cYB.png

Click here to view my Poetry