Do you people even know what CONTINUITY means?

Howard Stern

Howard Stern

GTA IV is a complete re-imagining of the Grand Theft Auto universe.

It's a reboot.

It has absolutely no continuity with GTA III, VC or SA.

Claude does not exist in the GTA IV/V universe.

Tommy Vercetti does not exist in the GTA IV/V universe.

Carl Johnson does not exist in the GTA IV/V universe.

Their stories took place in another dimension.

The closest thing to continuity is the radio.

None of these characters will ever come back. You won't see them, they won't play them, and you won't hear about them.

Now quit it.

universetwisters

It's a reboot.

It has absolutely no continuity with GTA III, VC or SA.

Claude does not exist in the GTA IV/V universe.

Tommy Vercetti does not exist in the GTA IV/V universe.

None of these characters will ever come back. You won't see them, they won't play them, and you won't hear about them.

Now quit it.

icon14.gif

you deserve 1+ internet

sTgL5iS.png

GTA today is no longer that of the map, the double, the mirror or the concept. GTA is no longer that of a GTA-verse, a referential being or a substance. It is the generation by models of a real without origin or reality: a hyperreal. The GTA-verse no longer precedes the map, nor survives it. Henceforth, it is the map that precedes the GTA-verse — precession of simulacra — it is the map that engenders the GTA-verse and if we were to revive the fable today, it would be the GTA-verse whose shreds are slowly rotting across the map. It is the real, and not the map, whose vestiges subsist here and there, in the deserts which are no longer those of the GTA-verse, but our own. The desert of the real itself

9322068076_d79a001db2_o.jpg

They might not exist in the new eras but I believe they still existed in the GTA History so the past characters may have tributes in the new games(like the RIP thing in GTA IV,or a billboard with a CJ-like man in it)

Hydro_PlayboyX

III era characters dont exist in IV universe, they can only be referenced to

only bussineses and radio celebrities exist in both universes

I agree with you.

Idiot theory people say GTA 1/2 and 3 are part of the same universe cause Claude and El burro. Then people say 4 and 5 are the same cause of a plane ticket in IV, and packie leaving in TBOGT. Idiots these days. Im about 50/50 on seeing GTA V in the same era as 4. 4 era is very incomplete, so its possible. BUT NO GTA 3 ERA CHARACTER BESIDES LAZLOW WILL BE BACK.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Hydro_PlayboyX
I agree with you.

Idiot theory people say GTA 1/2 and 3 are part of the same universe cause Claude and El burro. Then people say 4 and 5 are the same cause of a plane ticket in IV, and packie leaving in TBOGT. Idiots these days. Im about 50/50 on seeing GTA V in the same era as 4. 4 era is very incomplete, so its possible. BUT NO GTA 3 ERA CHARACTER BESIDES LAZLOW WILL BE BACK.

im 99% sure that V is in IV era, same gen consoles, same engine, same car models, jerry kapowitz in trailer, niko's plane ticket, and we saw only 1 city in IV era

I agree with you.

Idiot theory people say GTA 1/2 and 3 are part of the same universe cause Claude and El burro. Then people say 4 and 5 are the same cause of a plane ticket in IV, and packie leaving in TBOGT. Idiots these days.  Im about 50/50 on seeing GTA V in the same era as 4. 4 era is very incomplete, so its possible. BUT NO GTA 3 ERA CHARACTER BESIDES LAZLOW WILL BE BACK.

im 99% sure that V is in IV era, same gen consoles, same engine, same car models, jerry kapowitz in trailer, niko's plane ticket, and we saw only 1 city in IV era

Well remember that the GTA 2 era (just GTA 2, it was its own era) had 1 city and it was "ANYWHERE CITY". I dont count it as its own era, i say its part of the 1st era. But "officially" actually by GTAforums tards (no offence), its part of era 2. Rockstar NEVER said they did era by Number. Its just a coincidence.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

IV and V are probably in same era,old SA would be probably shown only in some small easter eggs,like CJ's clothes and some hidden car maybe,but nothing major like returning character from III era.

They might not exist in the new eras but I believe they still existed in the GTA History so the past characters may have tributes in the new games(like the RIP thing in GTA IV,or a billboard with a CJ-like man in it)

This

100% agree with your post

IV and V are probably in same era,old SA would be probably shown only in some small easter eggs,like CJ's clothes and some hidden car maybe,but nothing major like returning character from III era.

Yea. Remember in GTA IV, when you kill playboy and get his place, in the waredrobe is an EXACT copy of claudes GTA 3/SA clothing. You can where them too. In GTA V, the trailer shows a black man running with EXACT copies of CJ`s outfit. (idiots thought it was CJ lol.gif ).

In my opinion, the numbers just means a new chapter, somewhat like:

TD Era

Chapter 1:

Grand Theft Auto

London 1969

London 1961

Chapter 2:

Grand Theft Auto 2

3D Era

Chapter 3:

Grand Theft Auto III

Vice City

Advance

San Andreas

Liberty City Stories

Vice City Stories

HD Era

Chapter 4:

Grand Theft Auto IV

The Lost and Damned

The Ballad of Gay Tony

Chinatown Wars

Chapter 5:

Grand Theft Auto V

TD Era

Chapter 1:

Grand Theft Auto

London 1969

London 1961

Chapter 2:

Grand Theft Auto 2

3D Era

Chapter 3:

Grand Theft Auto III

Vice City

Advance

San Andreas

Liberty City Stories

Vice City Stories

HD Era

Chapter 4:

Grand Theft Auto IV

The Lost and Damned

The Ballad of Gay Tony

Chinatown Wars

Chapter 5:

Grand Theft Auto V

Not exactly.. I dont think R* will start a new era with GTA V considering that IV "era" lasted only 4 years!

TD Era

Chapter 1:

Grand Theft Auto

London 1969

London 1961

Chapter 2:

Grand Theft Auto 2

3D Era

Chapter 3:

Grand Theft Auto III

Vice City

Advance

San Andreas

Liberty City Stories

Vice City Stories

HD Era

Chapter 4:

Grand Theft Auto IV

The Lost and Damned

The Ballad of Gay Tony

Chinatown Wars

Chapter 5:

Grand Theft Auto V

Never thought of it that way actually. Good thinking. Also, i think you meant "2D era" Not TD. EDIT: Nevermind. Forgot that meant TOP DOWN.

Edited by ccrogers15

@Gtaghost22

Yeah, GTA V and GTA IV ARE in the same Era.

GTA V is just a new chapter, a new story, new characters and so on.. But is still in the same Era.

That's what I meant. colgate.gif

.JimmyHopkins.

Imagine the world of GTA with all the places and cities...imagine them as realistic as possible,not even with the graphics of GTA V or VI or VII or whatever the next GTA games will be.In this world,all the characters we played,existed and were there,connected with the same world and the same places...every single one of them,they were on those places in the same GTA world...The ONLY thing that changed was TIME and Rockstar's way of showing us those places!There are no other universes or dimensions or anything like that.The LS in GTA V is the same as the one in SA but showed differently from Rockstar in the games...it's not like the characters stop existing or are in another universe or something,we just don't see them and it's not needed to do so!

@Gtaghost22

GTA V is just a new chapter, a new story, new characters and so on.. But is still in the same Era.

Oh.. i guess you are right

It has absolutely no continuity with SA.

None of these characters will ever come back. You won't see them

What the hell you talking 'bout?

user posted image

Edited by Lightning Strike

Some people are just talking straight out from their own ass! R* only said that GTA III "era" characters wont PHYSICALLY exist in other "universes" but they said NOTHING about Background characters (Families and Ballas) not making a return or easter eggs to old protagonists, so.. Background characters can PHYSICALLY return, but important characters can only return in a refernce or an easter egg

Edited by Gtaghost22

[image removed from quote]

One might ask the same of you. You just posted a picture with no explanation and no discernible meaning.

One might ask the same of you. You just posted a picture with no explanation and no discernible meaning.

The image was CJ on a billboard in GTA IV, i think he is trying to prove that GTA III "Era" characters can exist in the GTA IV "universe" not physically but as some sort of an easter egg or a mention

user posted image

That my friend, is a 3D Picture taken from GTA San Andreas not HD.

user posted image

That my friend, is a 3D Picture taken from GTA San Andreas not HD.

I know that, what I'm trying to prove is that this argument of "different universes" doesn't stop previous era characters from appearing in the game in some way or another.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
@Gtaghost22

Baloney, GTA V IS A NEW ERA! Otherwise it would be called:

GTAIV: San Andreas. See my reasoning?

One might ask the same of you.  You just posted a picture with no explanation and no discernible meaning.

The image was CJ on a billboard in GTA IV, i think he is trying to prove that GTA III "Era" characters can exist in the GTA IV "universe" not physically but as some sort of an easter egg or a mention

Ah. I see. Why didn't he say so then? Never mind. Don't answer that.

Anyway, it only looks a little like CJ. But could be anyone really. I think that's just coincidence. smile.gif