Time

El Oso Blanco

El Oso Blanco

Time has always been a key factor in GTA games. The in-game clock has always had some sort of scale for how long each day/hour/minute lasts. In all III era games, 1 second IRL = 1 minute IG. In GTA IV, they only moved it up to 2 IRL seconds. confused.gif

How do you think time should be scaled in GTA V? 5 seconds in an IG minute? 10 secs?

Should it relate to time IRL? I personally wouldn't like that, days would be much too slow.

My ideal time would be 15 IRL seconds per IG minute. It's kinda disappointing how short the IG days are.

Discuss biggrin.gif

R* never adds the real-time in their GTA sad.gif

Hopefully there will be an asi file to make GTA runs at real-time.

G1T

HOW'S ANNIE?

I like the 2 second IRL = 1 minute IG, Personally

6 IRL seconds for 1 IG minute, making IG time pass exactly x10 faster than IRL time.

Edited by _L1pE_

yes i agree time should be longer, by how much i don't know. If it is evening or just about to be the morning i want it to last, the sunset/sunrise is to short and therefore if time is longer you can see this for longer, not just for 2mins then everything is back to normal. Same with the weather for it to be a certain weather type for a longer amount of time e.g raining for over 30 mins and clouds/no clouds etc.

2 seconds isn't enough for me, but I wouldn't make too much of a change. I'd only change it to 3 or 4 seconds per IG minute.

15 is way too much. I understand that you don't like IG minutes to be too short, but you won't want them to be too long equally, will you? When you look at the missions and storyline, with that sort of time, you'd be able to complete nearly a quarter of the game in 1 IG day, which is entirely unrealistic.

An option to alter the time properties would be pretty cool. But I have no problem with how IV's time system was, so I'd be content with 2 IRL seconds equaling 1 in game minute.

I don't know how long it takes to cycle 24 hours in Farcry 2, but I did like it.

fV9tG4b.gif

I don't know about this honestly..

On one hand, I don't want the days and nights to seem too long.

On the other, It doesn't make sense that it takes the PC 1 minute to take half a step.

mafiahitman14

time was the only thing that made GTA a bit unrealistic, so if rockstar decided to set GTA time on real time it would be awesome.

20 IRL seconds = 1 in-game minute , I really want in-game days to be much longer in GTA V, in-games days were really short in old GTAs they improved it in GTA IV but it was still short imo

Edited by Gtaghost22

time was the only thing that made GTA a bit unrealistic, so if rockstar decided to set GTA time on real time it would be awesome.

Im with you man but we are like the only 2 people thinking that would be cool.

As i explained in previous threads on the same subject, an option for switching from game time to real life time would have my preference.

I would like to go play at 3 am just because the mission asks you to do that.

But i very well understand that most of the people wouldnt like that. Thats why it should be an option.

Real time would be awful. Basically, you'd be happy if it was possible to complete the whole storyline in a couple of IG days, because effectively, that's what you're saying.

People forget about situations where you may not be able to start a mission until a certain time. Do you want to have to wait 6 hours, of real time, until you can start it?

El Oso Blanco

Well, whatever it is, atleast be longer than GTA IV, and PLEASE don't go back to III era time. that would be awful. *shudders*

It wasn't that bad for free roaming, but as far as playing through the story goes, I hated how if I tried to playthrough on a normal time cycle ( where I save the game every night ) how often i'd be making a safehouse stop.

Edited by CajunSnipes

I have a friggen good idea guys! lol tounge.gif

Time should be set by how big the city is.

Let me explain by giving you an example, if Los Santos size is of 8 square miles, then 4 in game seconds would equal 1 IRL minute.

If Los Santos is of 16 square miles then 8 in game seconds would equal 1 IRL minutes.

Think about it, it will make travelling around the city much more realistic. Thoughts? Ima genius i know smile.gif

Im with you man but we are like the only 2 people thinking that would be cool.

You are not the only 2 who want this.. I want this feature too, i think t would be cool to have as an opion in GTA V

El Oso Blanco

Let me explain by giving you an example, if Los Santos size is of 8 square miles, then 4 in game seconds would equal 1 IRL minute.

If Los Santos is of 16 square miles then 8 in game seconds would equal 1 IRL minutes.

Think about it, it will make travelling around the city much more realistic. Thoughts? Ima genius i know smile.gif

You're on to something here. The only beef I had with SA was how it took 12 ingame hours to get from 1 city to the next.

You're on to something here. The only beef I had with SA was how it took 12 ingame hours to get from 1 city to the next.

Ohh I f*cked up everything lol.

4 IRL seconds will equal in 1 in game minute and so on for my another example. My bad

i loved the way IV worked in this, but i would liked a litlebit more longer so i would like it to be 4 secs. 1 minutes in game

Los Santos Pedestrian
In GTA IV, they only moved it up to 2 IRL seconds.

No, in GTA IV, one in-game minute was equivalent to three seconds.

In GTA IV, they only moved it up to 2 IRL seconds.

No, in GTA IV, one in-game minute was equivalent to three seconds.

No, in GTA IV, one in-game minute was two seconds smile.gif

Dr Pepper 94

I just hope there will be a cheat for this, just like it is a cheat for the weather in GTA IV.