Traffic Level

Bad Azz

Should GTA V have more traffic?  

174 members have voted

1. 1. Should GTA V have more traffic?

• Yes, more traffic.
    • No, I like it as it is.
    • No, less traffic.

I've made a little research and it doesn't seem this has been discussed lately.

So this is something that I would like to be increased in GTA 5: traffic level. Personally, Liberty City felt so empty. I thought it was a replica of NY. But it felt like I was driving in a ghost town, if lucky, there were 2 cars waiting for the light to turn green.

I know this is probably due to consoles limitations, and I don't want as much traffic as IRL too. God it would be annoying. But i feel it could be increased a bit.

interpolfan11

More traffic on the freeways at certain times of the day, since this is going to be based on LA, of course. icon14.gif

I think the traffic level on the side streets was about right, though.

The traffic level was okay in GTA 4, I didn't mind the quantity of it. The way it operated pissed me off. lol You'd be sitting at a red light and they'd bump into you and mess up your nice car. Or the light would turn green and they wouldn't go. Lol.

Wu Kenny Lee

It was ok in GTA IV, more traffic would make racing and car chases much more annoying and you couldn't cross a single intersection without getting runned over by a random car. They should however fix that annoying bug that randomly prevented any vehicle to spawn.

DeleteThisAccountPlz

I agree with you, traffic was kinda light even when set to maximum level.

I didn't know that you're able to set traffic quantity in Gta 4... die.gifviddy_pirate.gif

Edited by RandomPickle97

TyphoonJames

More traffic = more destruction when I hop into a Hunter or Hydra devil.gif

interpolfan11

I didn't know that you're able to set traffic quantity in Gta 4... die.gifviddy_pirate.gif

Isn't it only for the PC version?

Sunrise Driver

You could already set more or less traffic in GTA 4. What I want is high speed traffic on highways like in GTASA or Mafia 2.

Edited by Street Mix

dansgas1000

I'm glad someone made a topic for this.

Personally i'd like occasional traffic jams and a rush hour, say at 5pm when everyone leaves of work the highways are full and there are traffic jams. It would get annoying but i think it would be a great idea.

And also in gta iv even on the highways the traffic was SO slow, i found that f**king stupid, i don't want them going unrealistically fast like in San Andreas, but still much faster than GTA IV.

Edited by dansgas1000

TyphoonJames
You could already set more or less traffic in GTA 4. What I want high speed traffic on highways like in GTASA or Mafia 2.

It was so funny seeing even old bangers going at like 100mph+ then stopping in seconds when you walked infront of them. Bring back the high speed motorways!

Most places in GTA:IV traffic levels were fine (I play on PC and have traffic set to max). The only place that didn't live up to expectations was Star Junction. Real life Times Square is wall to wall cars and peds and it was a shame that hardware limitations meant that couldn't be reproduced in the game.

It will be interesting to see how GTA:V manages traffic. Because the graphics are obviously going to be better and therefore likely to be more demanding of the hardware. On the other hand the game software is likely to be more refined and optimised (we hope). So will one cancel out the other? And how much scope will that leave to increase traffic and/or ped levels? Or will they use any power freed up to improve features such as the AI, ped interaction or other world elements that influence player immersion?

Isn't it only for the PC version?

Yes because consoles can't handle higher traffic level.

You can use mods to get even more traffic in GTA IV PC Version.

IBrahemoX1X
I've made a little research and it doesn't seem this has been discussed lately.

So this is something that I would like to be increased in GTA 5: traffic level. Personally, Liberty City felt so empty. I thought it was a replica of NY. But it felt like I was driving in a ghost town, if lucky, there were 2 cars waiting for the light to turn green.

I know this is probably due to consoles limitations, and I don't want as much traffic as IRL too. God it would be annoying. But i feel it could be increased a bit.

i think there should be an opition , in the game were you can chose , traffic flow .

it can be used every time .

that's just my OPINION .

Dr Pepper 94
I'm glad someone made a topic for this.

Personally i'd like occasional traffic jams and a rush hour, say at 5pm when everyone leaves of work the highways are full and there are traffic jams. It would get annoying but i think it would be a great idea.

And also in gta iv even on the highways the traffic was SO slow, i found that f**king stupid, i don't want them going unrealistically fast like in San Andreas, but still much faster than GTA IV.

uhm, but isn't the time going really fast? if it was heavy traffic in for example 5pm to 7 pm, then it would in reality only last for 2 minutes right? Time goes by waaay too fast in GTA. But still, i would love to have heavy traffic, at least a lot more than what GTA IV had... and a higher speed limit on the freeway's!! smile.gif

lazloisdavrock

I think it is sad if the game woundnt be optimal due to hardware restrictions sad.gif

This is why PC gamers dislike consoles sometimes, because games have to be toned down to run on console outdated hardware.

where as a modern PC is 2-3 gens ahead of even the next consoles coming out

more traffic yes but it needs to be done well...i mean in GTA 4 if u decided to stop at red lights always some1 hit ur car from the back...or cars changing from side to side suddenly in bridge high way..all that maded the traffic in GTA 4 3/10!!

walkingsickness

yeah more traffic would be a nice thing....IV did feel a bit empty

There may be some limitations to it but if they plan on launching this

when PS 4 come out (since its unlikely we will see V this year) then

they may be able to add more realistic traffic.

LOL! thats not true... Proof: name me a PC game released in last gen (2000-2004) that looks as good as some PS3 exclusives like Uncharted 2&3 or Killzone 2&3 , PC have slightly better graphics than consoles! But its difintiley NOT genrations ahead of current gen consoles (esp. PS3)

On Topic: well.. The game is set in Los Santos (LA) which have more traffic in freeways than NYC, so.. i voted more traffic

lazloisdavrock

LOL! thats not true... Proof: name a PC game released in last gen (2000-2004) that looks as good as some PS3 exclusives like Uncharted 2&3 or Killzone 2&3 , PC have slightly better graphics than consoles! But its difintiley NOT genrations ahead of current gen consoles (esp. PS3) ..... On Topic: well.. The game is set in Los Santos (LA) which have more traffic in freeways than NYC, so.. i voted more traffic

Hardware wise, absolutely it is.

The ps3 has a modified ge force 7600, which was being used in gaming computers in 2004ish

and its not just about graphics, its load times, and frame rates.

When games are developed on PC from the ground up, IE crysis, you get amazing results.

also console games dont run in true 1080p, the resolution is upscaled from 1280x720 to fit a 1080p display

Edited by lazloisdavrock

The ps3 has a modified ge force 7600,  which was being used in gaming computers in  2004ish

When games are developed on PC from the ground up, IE crysis, you get amazing results.

I'm not talking about hardware specs.. you said PC is 2-3 gens ahdead of next-gen consoles, which is NOT true, if you want to proof me wrong name me a PC game from last gen (2000-2004) that looks as good as PS3 exclusives (Uncharted, Killzone), i admit that PC is more powerful than PS3 but dont to try to tell me that PC is 3 generations ahead of PS3 becuase that is so f*cking UNTRUE

Edited by Gtaghost22

lazloisdavrock

The ps3 has a modified ge force 7600,  which was being used in gaming computers in  2004ish

I'm not talking about hardware specs.. you said PC is 2-3 gens ahdead of next-gen consoles, which is NOT true, if you want to proof me wrong name me a PC game from last gen (2000-2004) that looks as good as PS3 exclusives (Uncharted, Killzone), i admit that PC is more powerful than PS3 but dont to try to tell me that PC is 3 genrations ahead becuase that is so f*cking UNTRUE

what do you think generations are? its updated hardware. lol

and in 2000-2005 was the ps2 - xbox era, PC's best looking game in the era was most likely Far Cry, which made ps2 look like pong.

Edited by lazloisdavrock

Dear x Sergio

Traffic absolutely needs to faster. I mean, I understand it would suck to see a car you really, really want go speeding off before you have a chance to claim it for yourself, but the traffic speeds are just pathetically slow. I want to get absolutely obliterated if I walk across the beltway on foot. It would also make more traffic too, so long as they don't keep the cap the same.

what do you think generations are?  its updated hardware. lol

and in 2000-2005 was the ps2 - xbox era,  PC's best looking game in the era was most likely Far Cry, which made ps2 look like pong.

You didnt understand what i said.. YOU said that PC is 2-3 generations ahead of consoles in terms of graphics! If you want to prove you are right then name me a PC game from last gen that looks better than PS3 exclusives, i already know the Far Cry looked better than PS2 games BUT it looks like sh*t compared to games released this gen! So.. You cant say that PC is generations, PC games look only slightly better than PS3 games

PS: @the moderators sorry for being off-topic again

lazloisdavrock

PC's dont have "gens"

but you could say it does, 2005 ps3 hardware vs 2012 high end pc hardware

never once did i say graphics gens, lol

Edited by lazloisdavrock