increase range network

Bad.boy!

I tried to play uncharted 3 multiplayer (on PS3) a couple of times, but I can't find any players. I think that my network is the problem. I always have to use the server browser in BF3 to, otherwise I can't find a server. I tried resetting my modem, but that doesn't help.

Does anyone know how to increase the range withouth buying a better router (I have a router/modem)?

Your modem/router isn't the problem. It's where you live.

You should be able to in the game's server browsers be able to apply a filter that will show only servers with people on them and sort those by ping.

BF3 I'm confused because if you tell it to basically auto select a server for you, it should find a random server with people on it and try to connect you to that. But even still I would suggest doing it yourself. I've had times where I ended up with a crap ping people the automated system would put me on a server in Germany or Russian or something like that.

I have no clue what to tell you about the PS3 problem without more details.

I meant that I have to search for servers manually, but uncharted 3 hasn't got a server browser.

What do you need to know?

Finn 7 five 11

Unlucky for you, you live in a location far from servers/players, where do you live actually?

Having crap Internet compounds the problem.

I live in the very south of the netherlands, somewhere between maastricht and aachen (germany). There should be a decent server around.

I'll try to connect the ps3 with a lan cable, but a 30m cable trough my house isn't a solution (it doesn't look nice, and I can't close the doors proper).

Finn 7 five 11
I live in the very south of the netherlands, somewhere between maastricht and aachen (germany). There should be a decent server around.

I'll try to connect the ps3 with a lan cable, but a 30m cable trough my house isn't a solution (it doesn't look nice, and I can't close the doors proper).

Your router is 30 metres away from your PS3? There's your problem.

im in the same boat. Im in USA, yea lots of people playing, but i cant EVER find players on these popular titles:

1. Dead space 2

2. Left 4 dead

3. GTA IV (Ballads works perfect though)

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Everything works with the lan cable, but can I improve my signal withouth moving my ps3 or router?

Finn 7 five 11
Everything works with the lan cable, but can I improve my signal withouth moving my ps3 or router?

Some routers do have different settings to broadcast at different ranges, if you find your manual and check your router to see if it is at Max range then you may be able to get an improvement.

otherwise no, you will have to move one closer to another, you don't happen to have more telephone ports closer to your ps3?

There's a few things you can try that might help.

If the router has rabbit ear antennas you can try either getting an extension cord for the antenna that will allow you to move it.

Or make a DIY booster http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-WIFI-A...eption-Booster/ to put on one or both antennas. Just keep in mind this turns the antenna(s) into more of a directional antenna which means you point it toward where you want the signal to go.

You can also get wifi range extenders which for some reason cost more than the router itself. Most just plug into the wall and that's it.

I have an ubee evm 3200. I don't want to buy anything because I can't be sure that it will fix the problem before I buy it.

SyphonPayne

Not knowing a whole lot about that model, all I can tell you is to try putting the AP in a better spot, if possible.