GTA V and the Australian-American War

too many gorillas

too many gorillas

A staple of the Grand Theft Auto series from III onwards has been the fictitious Australian-American war. Throughout the games we have learned of this terrible conflict through talk radio and advertisements. It is unclear exactly when the war took place, why the belligerents fought and who ultimately won.

Chronologically, GTA: Vice City showed us that American weapons technology may have contributed to the victory/defeat of their forces. (skip to 0:37)

An Anti-Aircraft gun that can whoop Australia's ass. What were they fighting with? Giant flying spiders?

GTA: San Andreas exposes the deep-seated mistrust towards Australia, even in a time presumably years after the actual conflict. (skip to 0:36)

Australia might as well be Iraq in this circumstance.

In GTA: III a caller on the Chatterbox show, who identified as a Marine Colonel, told us his harrowing account of the battle. (skip to 4:56)

Trench warfare? Boomerang shrapnel? Explosive kangaroos? Holy sh*t dude.

GTA: IV featured a caller on the conservative Richard Bastion show. From his rant it can be assumed that for a long period of time regular Australians were not allowed entry into freedom loving America. (start from beginning)

I certainly wouldn't fire up a shrimp barbie in Liberty City.

Which brings us to GTA: V. What can we expect to learn about the conflict from the new game, GTAF? Will Rockstar elaborate on the history of the battle? Will we learn about events through radio, NPC's, story missions or a mixture of both? Personally I'd like to see tensions flaring up once more. Nothing like a good war to get the economy going again. rampage_ani.gif

Further info: http://gta.wikia.com/Australian-American_War

Edited by too many gorillas

Finn 7 five 11

Pretty sure Australia would win, we got a nuke...sshh.

I don't know about an Australia America thing, but any fake wars and other made up interesting media would be great, its a funny joke.

I don't know about an Australia America thing, but any fake wars and other made up interesting media would be great, its a funny joke.

LMAO Sorry to burst your bubble "mate" but Australia and their one nuke wouldn't beat America in a war, lol. War is actually the only thing America is still good at. Granted you don't have alot of brown people in Australia, and America performs best when bombing brown people, I still don't think you'd win. You got enough brown people that we'll kick your ass if you ever f*ck with us, but not enough for us to come start some sh*t with you. lol.gif

Triple Penetration

Shut up, this is not even funny. GTA V needs American-Swiss war. That would cause a miniscule controversy.

user posted image

too many gorillas

To clarify, this topic is about GTA and the fictious Australian-American war. It can even be about the American perspective of other countries in the GTA universe. It's not an excuse to start a flame war between users from both the real countries.

It'll be back, it's one of those few little things that can jump across "universes"

This is the reason i love R*, they just add the most random things to the game.I would love there to be some mention of the war, and certainly any other funny things.

Shut up, this is not even funny. GTA V needs American-Swiss war. That would cause a miniscule controversy.

...I see what you did there

American-Australian war has been in since III, so I don't see why it shouldn't come back. I want to hear more radio commercials and shows mentioning it, and it would be fun if someone mentions it during a mission. I would LMFAO if in a news segment, it's revealed that the government is blaming Australia for causing the economic crisis, just like they did after the earthquake in SA.

LMAO Sorry to burst your bubble "mate" but Australia and their one nuke wouldn't beat America in a war, lol. War is actually the only thing America is still good at. Granted you don't have alot of brown people in Australia, and America performs best when bombing brown people, I still don't think you'd win. You got enough brown people that we'll kick your ass if you ever f*ck with us, but not enough for us to come start some sh*t with you. lol.gif

Typical.

Typical.

Typical.

Swiss people tend to get pissed off about lil things, don't do it R* biggrin.gif

In a hypothetical war America would stomp Australia a new asshole, but they would never fight because they're great allies and have a mutual beneficial relationship. That's part of what makes the "Australian-American War" so absurd and funny in the game

You really missed the point of this thread, didn't you? It's not a p*ssing contest.

Because of all the war winning the US is in 15 trillion dollars debt and the Australian dollar is worth more than the American dollar. We also have far cooler animals so we win.

Because of all the war winning the US is in 15 trillion dollars debt and the Australian dollar is worth more than the American dollar. We also have far cooler animals so we win.

A few things.

1. You should be able to tell by my post that I'm no fan of the gazillion dollar war machine in America. I'm not proud that my country is the #1 bomber of brown people in the world.

2. OK, so I'm no fan of the Empire, but that said, if America and Australia had a war, Australia would cease to exist, the end.

3. Your dollar is worth more than America's dollar? LOL That's a good one considering they're both worthless peices of paper with nothing giving either of them any real value.

too many gorillas

GTA relevant, please guys. Go to the general discussion if you seriously want to argue about something so stupid.

On topic: has there ever actually been an Australian character in the GTA series before? I'm trying to recall one but can't. Maybe V will break new ground. I'd love to see what R* would do with it.

Edited by too many gorillas

universetwisters

maybe old ned luke is a veteran of the said war?

sTgL5iS.png

This is clearly part of the fictional war - no need for arguments about which side will win.

This is clearly part of the fictional war - no need for arguments about which side will win.

There's no argument/debate/doubt about who would win.

Wannabe in LS

Would it be too far fetched that Rockstar North being Scottish, Mick Dundee of Crocodile Dundee fame being in a Hollywood film series and Dundee being in Scotland be the cause of Australia being the seemingly random nation for America to be fighting, I wonder?

GTA VI can be set in Australia which would just be barren land full of craters. cool.gif

Oh man this thread is so funny! I just recently tought about this "war" myself, it is just so absurd and funny. I think it is a combi-parody of american war-fighting (vietnam war/gulf war/Iraq), but with Australia instead which is in RL a very good ally to the US and a generally peacefull country full of koalas and other furry creatures like crocodile dundee. It would be funny to see tv-shows about the Aussie-American war in V also hobos with signs saying "I am a Australia veteran" and "I fought for freedom in Australia", parodying RL vietnam veteran hobos (which is sad).

I wonder what the UK would have done in all this, Australia is part of the commonwealth (which used to be the brittish empire) so the Queen would have to side with the Auzzies but America could just send over one big ol' nuke to the UK and its bye bye UK. Anyway, I hope there is more about it in V as it is an iteresting thing to hear about.

mrmojo_prime

I always thought that the Australia-America war was Rockstars comical jab at the Ausralian ratings board and their outright ban at first and then sensoring of copies of grand theft auto post GTA III in Ausralia. hence even though GTA is made in the U.K it is set in America and the game itself was band/sensord in Ausralia equalling the Ausralia-America war.

Edited by mrmojo_prime

AlexGTAGamer

I hope they mention something about the Am-Aussie War in V, maybe commercials about fallout shelters or news on how local officials are teaching gun skills in schools in case of a possible invasion. biggrin.gif

There's no argument/debate/doubt about who would win.

You're right, Russia, China, Japan, India, North Korea, South Korea, UK, Canada, Falklands, Argentina and Austrailia VS the USA. Yeah nobody's debating, America would get their (as you yanks would say) asses whooped.

OT: The Australia- American War has always been something I have pondered over when listening to the radio in game;The war evidently happened prior to 1987 ,but, I don't recall it ever being mentioned in VCS which is only set three years previous to VC, so I'd say the war happened near enough 30 years before GTA V's set.

I'd say Australia would win because I unfortunately live in backwards ass pussy America.

They'd kick our asses. Lol. I don't give a sh*t, kill everybody.

Edited by cc1990