1. 1. Do you hate when the Police know where you are

• Yes , I hate it ,Its unrelastic , weird, boring, etc
    • No, This is one of the things that will never changed in GTA
    • Yes, I need to hide because it makes the game alot better
    • No, Iam ok with it
    • I dont give a Sh*t
    • You are AWESOME OP

Hello Poeple,

Do you hate when the Police know where you are without seeing you ,even if you are hiding ???

I think it will be interesting if you can hide if you get the wanted system.

like the red area in the map , If you are in it you can hide until you get out the red area without being seen

and the police keep investigating in the crime scence

Interesting ??

Edited by Hidaweey
G1T

BirthOfMayhem

Prehaps when you are not in view of any police officer, they will set up a perimeter around the area they last saw you. For example, you are last seen on foot at a burger shot, the police block off a two block radius with police tape and roadblocks while they search for you. You'd have to be stealthy to avoid the patrols and escape the crime scene.

Yes, i hate when that happen.. Sometimes i want to be stealthy when i kill people but i'm unable beacuse of this, i hope its improved in GTA V

Dr Pepper 94

its stupid how the police always finds you, wherever you are!!! They shouldn't be able to find you when you for example hide in a backyard or something.

But of course, when you have several stars on you, then there shouldn't be a way out of it, beacuse police, and news helicopters will find you pretty much wherever you are...

TheGreene2010

Yeah if you hid in GTA IV they would just search the area till they did find you. I hope when you hide they search the area with a patrol, then move on, and then the circle disappears, home free baby!

Not as bad as in Driver series or saints row series. SOMEHOW, even if you have a faster car, the police ALWAYS catch up to you. Its very annoying. Turned me away from the driver series cause it was so bad. The only driver i can still play, is the underrated Driver 3, Which i adore. I use to play Driver 1 and 2 on PS1 before i played GTA 3 for the first time, have good memories of them, cant play them anymore though. I cant play Driver PL cause it sucks, and Driver Sanfransisco is HORRIBLE and you cant leave your car anymore. I still play Saints Row 1 and 2, but not 3. 3 sucked big donkey.. you know.

tounge2.gif

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

SmoothGetaway

I dunno man, I got away from the cops A LOT OF TIMES strictly on foot. But on foot is my preferred playing style (read: I like to shoot my rifles) so maybe I just got used to it.

Rubberband physics can be annoying, but honestly, odds are cops would not be so easy to lose as GTA makes it seem. The Driver Series did suffer from it a bit, but I enjoyed the challange.

interpolfan11

This is a great idea for a poll...and yes, I absolutely hate it. R* claims to be striving for realism, but stupid quirks like this are the anthesis of that goal. I mean, at the very least they could have made it so we see nearby bystanders with their phones out and calling 911.

But frankly, we're talking about GTA- a series that shouldn't even have these types of issues.

I sure hope R* brings back the "no wanted level" cheat from SA.

I also hate that you get in trouble even when there are no cops around and they show up almost instantly. mad.gif

I just hate how I'll kill someone in an alley and the cop automatically come after me when no ones around they should do the thing like RDR where if you kill someone a snitch icon will come up showing you whos gunna call the feds that way you just kill them before they do and you can get away with murder

ye w/e   go bother someone else with your BS

nothing is happening on these forums anyways, with no info, the forums are basically dead and filled with garbage threads

Well, I'm tired of reading your garbage PMs.

BANHAMMER

In GTA 3 era, the cops show up magicly and somehow know when your causing problems even way out in the desert. In GTA IV, they must be around, unless your making it easy for them, by causing easy to hear/see explosions or making it easy to find you with gunshots. But still in GTA IV, they hunt you down till your dead.

In saints row: The Turd, its a LITTLE BIT more realistic with cops. It shows people who saw you kill someone or shoot a gun pull out there phone and call the cops. Yea, no saints row game is near realistic, but that is still pretty realistic to me.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Yeah if you hid in GTA IV they would just search the area till they did find you. I hope when you hide they search the area with a patrol, then move on, and then the circle disappears, home free baby!

I think that would be a little too easy. For 1-2 stars, I like having to escape the perimeter on foot. It's more fun than waiting for the cops to give up!

As for this topic, I have mixed feelings. The whole point of the search perimeter is that cops look for you while you're still inside. While I appreciate that they look for you and make it a challenge, sometimes it felt like the cops could intuit your location a little too well. For example, you could have a two star wanted level and, on foot and unseen, start running in a specific direction to escape the perimeter. Somehow, every time you run north, the cops know to direct their search north, even without witnesses. They always know which way you're going, which does seem unrealistic. So, that I did hate.

I think a better solution would be if the cops took a more systematic approach to searching the perimeter. Perhaps they could patrol the streets in certain patterns, and you have to look at the map and cross the street at just the right time. Someone else posting in this thread suggested that cops should place cross tape and other physical barriers around the perimeter if you wait long enough. These are all great suggestions that would add to the believability of the wanted system without taking away the challenge.

Racecarlock

Oh man. Today I was playing Ballad of Gay tony and I shot and blew up some hobos on a secluded beach, I still got stars. Thank god for my magical cheat filled cellphone. So they should set up a perimeter, but not know exactly where you are unless a unit spots you, but even then you should be able to kill him before he can call others. Escape the perimeter, escape the cops. Simple.

I have a feeling they will fix this in V because of "bold new direction" in the anauncement.

UberChargedCJ

without cops i would be never annoyed by cops while playing multiplayer in V

Edited by UberChargedCJ

Yeah, I sure do.

That's why I don't kill peds very much in GTA IV sad.gif It was so unrealistic for the cops to know where you are as soon as you strike a hit on somebody.

At least, Mafia II tweaked stuffs like this, as in, you can bribe the cops so they won't catch you.

I just hope R* is reading this ashgafd >:U

Of course I do not want the cops to become a killjoy in some random explosion I do in an island.

But in GTA IV I think the cops fit their description "We see it all. We know it all".

At least in V they changed it to "Obey and Survive" - maybe they're a bit harder now?

Mister Pink
In GTA 3 era, the cops show up magicly and somehow know when your causing problems even way out in the desert. In GTA IV, they must be around, unless your making it easy for them, by causing easy to hear/see explosions or making it easy to find you with gunshots. But still in GTA IV, they hunt you down till your dead.

Yeah...that annoyed me a lot in S.A. I mean in the desert, you should be able to get away with a lot of sh*t for a long time before someone comes.

locolow2011

You know, in IV you can actually hide and cops will go past you, they will just keep looking for you but if you get outside the circle and then a cop car is coming right at you, you can hide behind a wall and the cop car will go right past you. You just have to stay out of their sight.

Do you hate when the Police know where you are

Hell Yeah mad.gif .. one of the worst element in GTA game. As with other realistic approach towards offence and criminal penalty, GTA is the only game which features this insanity. I mean this should be changed once and for all.

Cops mustn't catch untill in clear sight of view, same goes for the enemy AI too. Also the Star wanted ratings needs an improvement. Something different!!!.. whtver ambitious plans R* has for 5, they need to rethink over COPs AI since over the years I've actually engaged in this stupidity and it totally SUCKS

If you are within the wanted search area and have managed to evade the police, they should not converge on you position as if psychically guided. I had a little play with this in GTA:IV. I ran up a 5 star wanted level and then drove my Patriot into the subway tracks at Uranium and Frankfort. Completely unseen (confirmed by the grey stars) I drove to various positions within the subway network within the wanted area. I observed the following:

1. The police helicopters immediately fly over your position.
  2. After about a minute police cars would arrive in your vicinity on the surface and the cops would get out.
Clearly this should not happen. In my view, the following should happen:
  1. The police AI should first start with a search of the place you were last seen.
  2. This should then progress to a search of the direction/route in which you were last seen travelling.
  3. Finally they should resort to a systematic search of the entire wanted area. The higher the wanted level, the more comprehensive the systematic search.
  4. The systematic search should include the setting up of "road blocks" on key roads around the approximate perimeter of the search area (especially at high wanted levels). I know road blocks appear at bridges and other key points, but this is in addition to this. Also, the nature of these extra road blocks varies depending on the wanted level. So at three and four star levels, the "road block" is simply the placing of patrol units at certain points to watch out for you. At higher levels, these might be more full blown actual blocking of the road.
  5. Finally, if they have still failed to find you with the systematic search, they should maintain a high general presence within the search area in the hopes that they will eventually spot you.
Now this might need a little tweaking to make sure a suitable balance is found between the effectiveness of the police tactics and the ability to escape the area. But at least this would eliminate having the game cheat against you by endowing law enforcement with apparently psychic abilities. Edited by meson1

Couldn't care less, i'm pretty sure every one of us has managed to evade the police when we were wanted so what's the problem? Even at a 5 star level. It's not that difficult. Once you are out of the zone you have to stop the car, otherwise you will get found again. It's that simple.

Yes and No.

Yes - When I'm trying to get away from police, I hate how they see me through buildings and what not.

No - I also like it when Im trying to do a stand-off, because then they dont get lost if I camp in a building and keep attacking.

Heard an opp got killed, watch me do my dance.

Got a pocket full of bills, watch me do my dance.

I just popped a pill, watch me do my dance.

Hit that nigga with the steel watch that nigga dance.

Anyone plays Splinter Cell: Conviction here? I loved the idea of leaving a sillouhette of your last known position to the enemy, and they actively try to reach your "sillouhette". Imagine that R* do something similar to that, inside and outside of their search radius, with cops actively doing clever (but possibly predictable) methods of searching within the search radius. That would be way better for the player than cops having some third eye or something.

Anyone plays Splinter Cell: Conviction here? I loved the idea of leaving a sillouhette of your last known position to the enemy, and they actively try to reach your "sillouhette". Imagine that R* do something similar to that, inside and outside of their search radius, with cops actively doing clever (but possibly predictable) methods of searching within the search radius. That would be way better for the player than cops having some third eye or something.

Coool !!!

but 0.5% will gonna happen sad.gif

G1T

This

Although unrealistic, this offers a greater challenge to the game.

So I'm okay with that.