GTA V Advertising Campaign

Jakee.

So, with Rockstar completely dissolved into their Max Payne 3 Advertising Campaign, I thought I would ask you guys when you believe they will begin the Grand Theft Auto V advertising campaign.

First and foremost, this is not guessing the release date, this is when you believe Rockstar will start to leak a little more for us to chew on and dissect everything they other.

I personally believe we will hear some news on Grand Theft Auto V around a month after the initial release of Max Payne 3, I feel this is a good amount of time for the developers to have a rest, and get ready to go through it all again but this time 5x bigger due to how hugely anticipated this game really is.

My guess, from 15th June onwards, we will start to see some GTA V news and information, I don't think they will start any quicker as I feel they will give Max Payne 3 a month or so to get some bucks rolling in, this is precisely why there has been no news as we all fully well know it will divert us away from Max Payne 3

Discuss, me : 15th June 2012 Onwards

Yeah i agree early summer, june/july time. Nothing before Max Payne 3, mostly to give developers a little rest. Something like 1 or two months after MP3 is the best bet... icon14.gif

It's the same thing with every R* game after max payne 3 a whole sh*t load of information we just have to hang tight for a little bit

EDIT: I read in a interview with dan houser that they usually take a month off after a release

Edited by no_chance

It defiantly won't go full on until closer to the release date with interviews, press conferences, blog demos, and events.

But leading up to that, promotion will be scarce, I believe.

confused.gif Why don't you just use this topic, it's really the same thing.

fV9tG4b.gif

Supernutz40

When will the advertising campaign begin? October 25th 2011. The day they announced the game.

The marketing for this game is most likely gunna start around E3 hopefully

ye w/e   go bother someone else with your BS

nothing is happening on these forums anyways, with no info, the forums are basically dead and filled with garbage threads

Well, I'm tired of reading your garbage PMs.

BANHAMMER

i think GTA V will be released from September to December this year. And it's campaign will start June Or July.

umm it started Oct 25, 11. wow

This.

It's already begun, don't be a dingus

Yeah, but when they really start to advertise it..

My vote is on March second to the seventeenth is when they'll begin. Give 'em a little bit of time to get out some MP3 DLC info.

Just to let you know, op, Max Payne 3 is being developed by a different R* branch. Max Payne 3 - R* Vancouver with GTAV - R* North.

The developers of GTAV are not going to take a break because the developers of Max Payne release their game. However, Marketing will be titanic in May for Max Payne 3, and soon thereafter, GTA previews will start rolling out, with what I am guessing will be a Gameinformer cover for July (July issue will release middle of June.) With big games like Assassins creed 3 and Black Ops 2 releasing this fall, GTAV will have a lot of catching up to do, which will more than likely not be very hard. For R* the 'jack' the Internet and hold it hostage for a couple of months, will be no prob. Pardon the pun...

It seems to be the belief that R* won't mention anything about V until after MP3. That may be true. June/July could be the case. I just can't imagine what more we will be talking about until then. We have been scraping the bottom of the barrel. Pretty soon we will sink into a collective psychosis, rambling about how the dog in the first scene is telling us about the hidden release date in the sand. We will be fine though, we will prevail.

HydraulicWaRiOr

When the gods decide that the wrath of Zee is too powerful.

It was foretold in Greek legend.

user posted image

Long_Haired_Boy

I think we'll have another trailer in April.

Expect a little overlap between the final weeks of the Max Payne 3 buildup and the GTA V juggernaut waking back up from its current hibernation.

About one month before L.A. Noire was released there was a Max Payne magazine cover story and some screenshots, but the full MP3 campaign didn't begin till they thought they were within 6 months of release. Similarly, an L.A. Noire magazine feature was done a couple months before Red Dead Redemption was released but a full L.A. Noire campaign didn't begin till fall. Rockstar also released some Red Dead Redemption screenshots a few weeks before EFLC was released. As soon as EFLC was out the RDR campaign began in full because RDR was planned to release 6 months later.

Consider that even though MP3's March release was delayed to May, that doesn't necessarily delay the restart of GTA V info if GTA V was planned for October and they wanted to do a solid 6-7 months of hype. GTA V might get delayed for its own reasons but they would not allow another, less-valuable franchise to interfere with it.

Exactly what Magic_Al said. The second GTA V trailer would bring a lot of attention to MP3 just before it's release. icon14.gif

When will the advertising campaign begin? October 25th 2011. The day they announced the game.

Given that the 25 October annoucement and the 2 November Trailer release were a one-off trick to goose the TTWO stock price,

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=TTWO+In...urce=undefined;

the question still stands - "When will the advertising campaign begin"

Magic_Al's concise and researched analysis seems the best answer by far.