How good do you guys think GTA V will be?

MrDanceWithLance

MrDanceWithLance

According to something I read on the Internet (I can't remember where), one of the Houser brothers said that GTA V was going to be the "biggest and most ambitious" project done by Rockstar.

So guys, how good do you think GTA V will be?

This discussed before many times, anyway.. To answer your question: i think GTA V will be the best game ever! I have faith in R*

It's kinda hard to go wrong with GTA. Just give me a big map and lots of different vehicles and some extra features and I'm a happy camper.

Grand_Theft_Peanut

i think it will be the best GTA to date, they have a few years to play with the RAGE engine so now they can probably add more features than GTA IV

Why do I even come to this section?

Shreddy Krueger

Speaking in terms of gameplay only, if it follows GTAIV's pattern, it will be mediocre at best. If R* digs deep and remembers what makes GTA really "tick", they'll create a game as varied as San Andreas, but brought forth in a different way. GTAIV was great for the first playthrough, replaying it was a total drag.

Even God will weep from GTA V's share amount of awesome hahaha.

lol.gif

I can't wait to find out what "bold, new direction" they're going in with this game.

I think it'll be better than San Andreas.

San Andreas is tied for my favourite game of all time

I think it won't be as good as sa or vc, even if it will have much more features and content. I think what kills gta spirit is realism, they put much work in graphics and physics engine, but what they forget to keep is what made the game interesting in the first place. It just lost it's own uniqueness. I don't really want a city which would look too much similar to the real one.

V 9 L U K 3 4 V
According to something I read on the Internet (I can't remember where), one of the Houser brothers said that GTA V was going to be the "biggest and most ambitious" project done by Rockstar.

f*ckING YES IM HYPED TO sh*t

user posted image

....f*ck THIS im having a sandwich

MrDanceWithLance

I reckon GTA V will be the best GTA game of the series, and will be heaps better than GTA IV. It would also have great graphics and realism.

Harwood Butch3r
None of the GTA Games can beat SA. IV was a total disappointment to me.

Thanks for reminding me why I find SA overrated.

As for GTA V? I don't know. I guess I'll just have to wait until I play the game.

Original Light

None of the GTA Games can beat SA. IV was a total disappointment to me.

Thanks for reminding me why I find SA overrated.

As for GTA V? I don't know. I guess I'll just have to wait until I play the game.

GTA SA was overrated. Don't get me wrong, it was a great GTA game. It's just that they put in some features that created wannabe gangsters, and now they will refuse to like any other GTA game unless it has SA features. Otherwise, it had a great map with different areas; though I feel like the transition between forest and desert could of been a bit better. Thick forest leading to a dry desert within 10 feet didn't really work out well. It should have been more gradual.

Edited by Original Light

My favorites were the ones that took place in libery city. Thats just how it went. But V has the very good possibility of being the best. Thats just how it is.

Harwood Butch3r
Thats just how it is.

"You know that magic". ph34r.gif

Going by my own personal opinion, I know for certain that I'm going to love this game. I'd be lying if I wasn't a little disappointed that GTA IV lacked San Andreas' many extra features, but I still thought it was an awesome game. I'd still be playing both if San Andreas hadn't actually been my brother's game and thus meaning I don't have it anymore. And if we didn't lose it. So I just have GTA IV now, but I still play it.

So GTA V I think will hit that sweet spot. It's been in development for a long time and R* themselves are noting that this game will be very ambitious. It's going to be full of fun content, a compelling story, and a large map set in my favorite GTA location so far, with both urban sprawl and awesome natural surroundings for when we need a change of pace, ranging from plains to forests to deserts. Whether there's only Los Santos or multiple cities, I feel like I'll be quite happy with the map, and that's half the battle in an open-world game. There will be more options and more toys to play with, with further improved versions of existing features. Sure, some of it will be more of the same. If you enjoy GTA, I'm not sure why anyone would mind this. III, VC, and SA all followed roughly the same patterns and the features all worked basically the same. I think we're looking at a similar leap between III and SA. The graphical leap certainly hints at this.

Basically, it's going to be a perfect GTA game for me. My small complaints about GTA IV will be alleviated in this installment, so I'll have basically no complaints about this one. And I think it's going to keep me entertained for many years, just as GTA IV had. Only it'll be even better.

SA was leaps and bounds ahead of Vice City. It's totally limited compared to San Andreas, it's not nearly as fun. Maybe it's a better portrayal of the time period, but in my opinion that doesn't make it a better game. I love GTA IV in it's own right, and I know during my first playthrough it was amazing. When you go back and replay GTA IV the missions pale in comparison to the likes of those in VC/SA in terms of fun factor, but GTA V looks amazing. It just has so much potential, I personally believe it will be the best game by a long shot.

I think V's gonna be the BEST GTA so far...

Well, it WILL be if it could have better cinematic cutscenes (I always loathed how cutscenes only appear when you start the mission, resulting for bland, no cutscenes DURING the missions), and in-game soundtracks (Makes the game more dramatic) and more sh*t to do.

GTA V's gonna rock, as long as the main character's gonna be Albert De Silva C:

interpolfan11

Absolutely fantastic and the best game of the decade thus far...but still slightly disappointing for many on this forum due to the high expectations that we routinely throw around on here. For instance, I think it's more than likely that the map will be smaller than expected, the protagonist will be an older white man, gangs may not play as much influence as many of us would like, and the game will likely be too realistic for some of the people here.

More than anything, I just hope R* doesn't pull a Gran Turismo 5. suicidal.gif

Edited by interpolfan11

Are you serious?! Even if they pasted the whole GTA SA map into GTA IV's physics and graphics engine, I'd be puking rainbows! So yeah, it's probably gonna be awesome!