This is interesting..

Fireboyd78

I sent in a suggestion to Rockstar Games via the "Mouthoff" feature, and also asked if they even take suggestions into consideration. Here was my response:

Hey Mark,

Thanks for the email. Unfortunately, due to legal reasons, we do not accept game suggestions from the general public. However, we do appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

Cheers,

Rockstar Games

What's your guys' opinion on this? Were you aware of this before? I know I wasn't tounge.gif

It seems that at sometime, somewhere, someone suggested an artistic or creative idea and someone else took it as their own. Some legal issues must have come out of this.

Yeah it's because people will give suggestion and then when the game comes out they'll try to sue saying R* ripped off their idea.

It's a common practice to not accept input from the public. There is always someone who had a great idea (music/book/whatever) and then the 'artist' (s)he presents it to 'steals' it.

So some get touchy even about talking about ideas.

Look at the guy who claimed Rockstar stole his charactor merely because they ride those stupid bicycles in the San Andreas game.

We've gone over it in the GTA 5 section for some time, before the 1st trailer, but back to GTA SA? I don't recall this guy suing over an SA character, I only know those ain't true fans!!

spaceeinstein

Look at the guy who claimed Rockstar stole his charactor merely because they ride those stupid bicycles in the San Andreas game.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/09/cypress-...e-two-over-gta/ notify.gif

Edited by spaceeinstein

Los Santos Pedestrian

Hey Mark,

Oh, hi Mark.

Sorry, just had to do that.

Hey Mark,

Oh, hi Mark.

Sorry, just had to do that.

Your tearing me apart Lisa! He he.

They never did that to me.

Last month i suggested after GTA V is done, they should return to old franchises. I suggested them buying back the state of emergency IP and making SOE 3. They said maybe someday. They never said anything like that to me.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Last month i suggested after GTA V is done, they should return to old franchises. I suggested them buying back the state of emergency IP and making SOE 3. They said maybe someday. They never said anything like that to me.

You weren't suggesting anything in an actual videogame like a feature, you suggested some games. Completely different things

You weren't suggesting anything in an actual videogame like a feature, you suggested some games. Completely different things

Still the same thing. I suggested they do something at least.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Still the same thing. I suggested they do something at least.

That's like me suggesting them to make GTA VI once they are done with GTA V. I sure as hell cannot sue them once they announce VI, can I?

I don't care if you people know my name is Mark or not. I purposely left that part in, lol.

So wait, you're trying to say that R* doesn't take any sort of schmuck's ideas? sh*t.

4XEtraA.jpg