Protagonist: James Earl Cash (theory)

LotusRIP

James Earl Cash, is the protagonist from Manhunt, who I believe could be our protagonist for V. Keywords could be - but it's still an interesting idea if you have a look...

1. James Earl Cash is originally from San Andreas

2. He is freed from death row in exchange to participate in a snuff film made by a director from Vinewood... Lionel Starkweather.

3. After Manhunt, it's presumed James Cash fled Carcer City to an unknown destination - back home to San Andreas? "Why did I move here?...".

4. All that is known is that he went on to start a construction company called JEC & Sons Construction:

user posted image

*Note the construction site in the trailer for GTAV and rumours of the feature...

Now, presuming James could have fled Carcer City to return to San Andreas, with all this in mind read the following and it will make some sense:

"I wanted to retire from what I was doing. You know, from that... that line of work. Be a good guy for once, a family man."

5. Interesting trivia relating James Cash to San Andreas:

- Cash action figures can be found in Zero's RC Shop in San Fierro in GTA San Andreas.

- At the police station in Las Venturas and San Fierro, there are wanted posters for Cash and a few Hoods gang members.

- The protagonist for Bully, Jimmy Hopkins, looks very much like Cash and has the same haircut (buzz cut), they even have the same forename. Since Bully also takes place within the same fictional universe as GTA and Manhunt, it's possible that they may or may not be related.

6. "Family man":

-According to a CCPD officer, Cash has a wife.

- JEC & Sons Construction suggests that he may now have sons.

7. Money plays a big role in GTAV, and I remember reading once there's another good reason why. James CASH?

NOW LOOK AT THIS:

user posted image

Triple Vacuum Seal

Interesting sneaky2.gif ...I personally never played Manhunt but am well aware of the coexistence of cities within the franchises.

Finn 7 five 11

Eh, if what R* says about their different definition is true then it's not possible, they could always break the rule i guess.

I don't want to shoot you down, but this is a bit far fetched for me.

I'm bracing myself for the truth, but in the meantime I hope it's at least some light entertainment to pass the time. If I'm right though, I'll go out and buy a lotto ticket. The surname "Cash" goes well with the money theme, if it's not too literal anyway... but I do recall a mention that "money" plays a bigger role for a certain reason

Honest Bill

It's a nice theory. and well spotted with the JEC & Sons.

However, i doubt James Earl Cash will be in the game.. It just doesn't really make much sense to use him out of the blue. I could be wrong though, and it's a long time since i played Manhunt, but from what i remember, JEC was pretty badass..

What was he on death row for?

Supernutz40

Good theory man! It's a long shot but someone said he was on that GTA V banner... So ya never know.

It all makes too much sense to be true but so did various 9/11 theories but I'm going with this guys argument.

However, i doubt James Earl Cash will be in the game.. It just doesn't really make much sense to use him out of the blue.

JEC's backstory does however have similarities to Niko's story: Was betrayed, seen and done bad things.

Doesnt sound like JEC, doesn't look like him either, plus he won't make a good main character due to the fact that his character development in Manhunt was poor.

Plus "Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather" sounds like somebody moving from the East (Liberty City) to the West (San Andreas) since the weather is way nicer.

Doesnt sound like JEC, doesn't look like him either, plus he won't make a good main character due to the fact that his character development in Manhunt was poor.

Plus "Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather" sounds like somebody moving from the East (Liberty City) to the West (San Andreas) since the weather is way nicer.

From Manhunt's wiki:

Carcer City is located in Liberty State, due to it apparently being close to Liberty City (in GTA III, the Lips 106 DJ mentions while reading a story about Gary Schaffer that Carcer City is "nearby" to Liberty City. Carcer City is also seen in the stats in GTA IV under "Distance Traveled," and is the first city mentioned, coming before a "Capital City." This suggests that Carcer City is closer to Liberty City than either the state or nation's capital).

Carcer City is close to Liberty City, so I guess the weather would be just as drab.

heh, at first I thought it said "Protagonist: James Earl Jones" happy.gif

Anyway, good theory and all, but it just may be a bit too far fetched for GTA V.

Plus, if he was in the game, wouldn't everyone be talking about it after the first trailer was released? He wasn't anywhere in the trailer, actually.

I think it's just another reference that will appear in the game just for fans of R*. I think that R* likes to start fresh but tickle our nostalgia bone once in a while.

SGT. Johnson
I'm bracing myself for the truth, but in the meantime I hope it's at least some light entertainment to pass the time. If I'm right though, I'll go out and buy a lotto ticket. The surname "Cash" goes well with the money theme, if it's not too literal anyway... but I do recall a mention that "money" plays a bigger role for a certain reason

If you want to go ahead and use the "TRUTH" card, then:

user posted image

Exkabewbikadid
This is the worst topic I have ever read

BullSh*t

Ah c'mon, it's not as though he pulled all this out of thin air. I know better than to entertain these kinds of theories, but it was a fun read nonetheless.

Anyways, Manhunt was like 8 years ago, so I can't see much more than a few easter eggs pointing to it. It just wouldn't make sense to continue the story of a character from a different game.

oQywcQM.jpg

SGT. Johnson

BullSh*t

Ah c'mon, it's not as though he pulled all this out of thin air. I know better than to entertain these kinds of theories, but it was a fun read nonetheless.

Anyways, Manhunt was like 8 years ago, so I can't see much more than a few easter eggs pointing to it. It just wouldn't make sense to continue the story of a character from a different game.

Or would it? Who'd be expecting that? Almost no one!

Trolling or Serious? ph34r.gif

BullSh*t

Or would it? Who'd be expecting that? Almost no one!

Trolling or Serious? ph34r.gif

Doesnt make any sence, If So

i prefer playing as Max Payne in GTA V

You Know max payne is badass

This topic is a joke

G1T

mistuhangova

at least this theory is better than the ” Tony cipriani” theory or countless others...

The Made Man

I would like R to just make a Manhunt 3.

Anyone agree?

Harwood Butch3r

Allthough it's interesting I don't think it's plausible. I don't think I've played as a character from an entirely different game in another one.

Even references wouldn't makes sense. Manhunt references made sense in SA as it was still relatively new, but what relevance would they have in GTA V?

When I first saw this topic I thought it was another bullsh*t-obviously-not-genuine theory, then I read the actual post and found that this is actually interesting. But it seems unlikely, its probably just coincidence. It would be nice though, but then again i'd want a fresh character as like all of the III era+ GTA games.