KONY 2012

Sean_R_LFC

I'm pretty sure I purchased a Kony at a Sonic once.

7FTgFLB.png

I'm wordless for this act.

I just hope that it doesn't go like just another 'cool way to act like a cool guy', cause that's what happens to most of these events.

Unfortunately, I don't have money to donate, but I'm helping this cause sharing everything I can to make this motherf*cker famous. In a bad way. wink.gif

They found Bin Laden (at least that's what they said), so that's very likely they will find Kony too.

My goal is to at least get my local community aware of Kony. That will be my small contribution to the cause. Me and some friends have already decided to put up as much Kony posters as we can in town on the night of April 20th. Paint the town red with anti-Kony propaganda. We're going to print our own posters though. Something about having to pay money in order to make a difference doesn't seem right to me.

I think it would be great if this actually does make a difference. Then I can say I was a part of it.

Edited by GTA-King

kSTG7.png

[O]tter[ba]nned Oct 8, 2013, for 91 days.

People on facebook are going around acting shocked that they're child soldiers in Africa. I've known that for years and years. I didn't know the guy Kony but i know all the other stuff going on

A friend got me to know about this. Suddenly after discussing it with the group she created for the local community (a city of about 2,000,000 people haha) I apparently have taken a big role in this. I'm helping her to talk to the authorities regarding closing the streets for a protest and tomorrow I'll start to help her and another friend with making Portuguese subtitles for the movie. I guess I'm officially an activist I used to hate them.

As for all the other arguments, yeah, I'm surprised people seem so shocked about child soldiers in Africa. It's been one of the most criticized policies regarding Western governments to not send aid, but whatever, kids nowadays don't know much about what happens outside of their own TV, Facebook, TMZ bubble.

I guess I decided to take part in this because my friends initially did it. I always took roles in improving the social scene here, like helping out orphanages by raising money and sh*t, but this is the biggest issue I've been involved in so far.

Edited by fgcarva1

My goal is to at least get my local community aware of Kony. That will be my small contribution to the cause. Me and some friends have already decided to put up as much Kony posters as we can in town on the night of April 20th. Paint the town red with anti-Kony propaganda. We're going to print our own posters though. Something about having to pay money in order to make a difference doesn't seem right to me.

I think it would be great if this actually does make a difference. Then I can say I was a part of it.

Amen brother, Soldier on. Be a Soldier for PEACE

The whole tit-for-tat going on between people mindlessly pledging and then feeling self righteous and those posting links to Visible Children and then feeling self righteous really distracts from the fact that this happened and very little was done about it for near on thirty years.

Yeah, he's not in Uganda any more. Yeah, the material being used in KONY 2012 is nearly a decade old, yeah the situation isn't as bad now as it was, but that doesn't mean that there isn't a reason to act nor is it a reason to exploit the fickleness of the sit-on-hands armchair activism of the facebook and twitter going public.

I don't trust the intentions of Invisible Children, but I certainly don't trust the intentions of Joseph Kony.

I don't think most people will do much to help the suffering in the world. It really is a reality of selfishness. Don't get me wrong, there are people who do go out of there way to make a difference, but it isn't most people. What most people want is a clean conscience. If it is something that they can contribute online that they think will help a cause then by god, that is what they do. The real problem is local. What is going on in my immediate surroundings? Can what I do in my day to day life affect my community? Most like to think that it can, some actually do, and everyone continues on with what is happening with their personal affairs. The real change doesn't happen on the internet. It happens with what you are going to do by changing yourself. That is the adversary. You are the change.

Bob Geldof, where are you?! New Live8 Live Aid effort for food and apprehension of war crime criminals

They say a picture is worth a thousand words...

user posted image

lol i was very close but i clicked on tanzania which is like the country below it

Will things change before the vid expires in December? Bold claims, but I suspect not

Guns N R0se

You realize no one really cares right? Sure, people will say "oh my god that's so terrible" but no one will do anything, no one really cares about Africa. At the end of the day people only care about themselves. I know I can say I honestly don't care. Call me what you will, it doesn't affect me.

On a side note: this is a good example of a Christian extremist group.

Madonna cares, she adopted from Africa, and George Clooney cares, Haiti has Sean Penn, they do this not because of ego, but to give back, sincerely

Madonna cares, she adopted from Africa, and George Clooney cares, Haiti has Sean Penn, they do this not because of ego, but to give back, sincerely

The f*ck are you talking about??

Anyway I hope they catch this guy so I can stop paging through sappy youtube videos on the subject. People try to "raise awareness" and the feel so self righteous for doing so.

nightwalker83

The first time I heard about this was on the news earlier tonight! Apparently, there will be the documentary on tv here later tonight.

You realize no one really cares right? Sure, people will say "oh my god that's so terrible" but no one will do anything, no one really cares about Africa. At the end of the day people only care about themselves. I know I can say I honestly don't care. Call me what you will, it doesn't affect me.

Sh*t, thanks, for a second there I thought I cared about something. Thanks for setting me straight guy.

user posted image

HydraulicWaRiOr

Joseph Kony is just another victim of propaganda just like Che Guevara, after watching his interview, I was astonished to see how anybody could stand against him other than a corrupt government, he's a revolutionary for christ sake, other than that, f*ck Invisible Children. Nothing more than a bunch of self-centered rich kids. The very fact that he accepted an interview should mean that he only wants government reform, but yet people still accuse him of being a monster.

Joseph Kony is just another victim of propaganda just like Che Guevara, after watching his interview, I was astonished to see how anybody could stand against him other than a corrupt government, he's a revolutionary for christ sake, other than that, f*ck Invisible Children. Nothing more than a bunch of self-centered rich kids. The very fact that he accepted an interview should mean that he only wants government reform, but yet people still accuse him of being a monster.

[supreme]

What utter bollocks. First off, Che was no freedom fighter, he was a mercenary plain an simple. How such a vile and disgusting individual ever came to represent youthful rebellion and legitimate political self-determination is completely beyond me. Secondly, by exactly what measure are the allegations against Kony propaganda? Are you de facto alleging that the occurances of mass rape, child slavery, violence and terror which he actively presided over did not occur? Your statement bears alarming similarity to those of patholofical and racially-motivated holocaust deniers.

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.7GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN CPU Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | ASUS RTX 4080 TUF @2970MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

nightwalker83

I don't know whether the documentary is truth or not but some of the things they talked about were just plain disgusting.

Clem Fandango

I'm a bit baffled by this, I must say. If the LRA are no longer active than why should we be hunting down Kony? How does it make any sense at all to train Uganda's armed forces when the government is probably not much better than the rebels, won't we simply be antagonising the people of Uganda?

OysterBarron

I think that's the longest safe sex in Africa campaign iv'e ever watched!

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

I don't get it, now suddently people care about Africa again? Am I the only one who finds this "care" to be bullsh*t?

If you care, you care all the time, otherwise, when you "remember" that people in poor countries need help, then forget about it two weeks later, that's not care.