Small Features

SGT. Johnson

I've always wanted the ability to sit down. I know it's insignificant, but there were many times in GTA IV where I just wanted to sit on a park bench and watch the peds go about their daily business.

Seriously, there NEEDS to be a topic when the game comes out about every feature you can do. Honestly! I mean, in GTA IV there were numerous things that I didn't discover until a few years later! Things such as:

-Police snipers on rooftops (when wanted)

-Turn car engine off by holding down enter/exit button

-Sleep mode on Phone

This just names a few. I want to know every single ounce of features that are possible to do in GTA V.

Seriously, there NEEDS to be a topic when the game comes out about every feature you can do. Honestly! I mean, in GTA IV there were numerous things that I didn't discover until a few years later! Things such as:

-Police snipers on rooftops (when wanted)

Wait, this is true? I never noticed lol

anyway, going in par with Miami's idea of sitting down, last night I was at a resturant and I thought it'd be kind of fancy if you could sit down in the actual resturant and eat your food..then if the bill is too high, blow the place up sly.gif

BirthOfMayhem

See pedestrians realavent to the location. For example; homeless guys under bridges, drug dealers in alleys, drunks outside of bars, fat guys outside of burger shot, black guys outside of cluckin bell, douchebags on the beach, snobs outside clubs, and rednecks on farms.

I've always wanted the ability to sit down. I know it's insignificant, but there were many times in GTA IV where I just wanted to sit on a park bench and watch the peds go about their daily business.

I want this feature so much.. Its a small, unimportant feature, but i really want it, sometimes i just wanted to sit on the park bench and watch the peds intracting with each other but i couldnt, i hope its in GTA V

grope_4_that_date

I'd like to be able to shut my car lights off when I'm driving.

mafiahitman14

since there's dogs in the game there could be cats too ,so i want to see dogs chase after cats. tounge.gif

The capability to knock wooden telephone poles down if you hit them hard enough (same goes for small trees), realistic looking billboards, have the sand move when you drive on it, have you body look visibly crushed (not gory) after being in a bad accident, run over, or fallen from great heights. tounge2.gif

Surely if you're adding small features, you're going for realism...

It was annoying if you hit a tree in IV but it was realistic, if you were to drive into a tree, you'd wrap around it rather than knocking it over.

And in terms of looking "visibly crushed" I'm not sure how you mean but generally if you're in an accident you don't look crushed. Maybe holding onto an arm or limping, that could add a level of difficult to getaways but to turn into a weird deformed blob would just be weird.

If your allowed to swim under water they should make it so if someone shooting you from above water the bullets slow down under water

They actually had that effect in SA

And we want it to return in GTA V

I actually really don't want it back.

Also, the ability to swim under water wouldn't be a small feature as the physics would have to implemented and a whole world under the surface of the water would need to be built and populated.

A lot of people are mentioning working petrol stations. Seeing as the game appears to be focusing heavily on money, it'd be cool if this was in the game. If we could siphon gas from car parks and stuff.

harrisonosirrah

I want the ability to jump and pull down fire escapes.

and when your riding a motercycle you cant answer the phone, or at least answer with your left hand and then your stuck in that gear.

whoever said speedometers, I completly disagree. The HUD is 'almost' perfect. well acually as long as you can remove it individualy, i dont care if they put it in for those who would like it. but i think it would waste screen room.

i think it would be cool if when you knock a burger or something out of a civ's hand when you pick it up you can throw it or press lb to eat it. smile.gif

You can do that in GTA 4 during the day. xD

when i kill a pedestrian i wanna be able to drag the body and throw them into the boot of my car maybe dig a grave......would be a little too much that one tho. and in the sitting down feature guys how would they implement it in-game. what button? cuz if an x appeared when u aproached a seat that would be difficult because say if u were getting chaced and u ran into a bench the run button is x so u would mistakenly sit down lol. maybe a good way would be u could only sit if u was at walking speed and just keep walking into the said seat. so if i wanted to sit at burger shot just go to the seat and walk into it for a second or 2 and then animation would start. i dunno sounds kinda tricky.

You can do that in GTA 4 during the day. xD

He means at night dozingoff.gif

I think that on the new gta v you should be able to indicate in a car cos in gta iv the peds do but you can't

Your player should have human traits ( like coughing sneezing etc..)

I just thought of another few.

1) Articulated trucks. Proper full size ones. Maybe even cars with trailers.

2) Ability to climb up buildings just like in The Saboteur.

3) More realistic driving physics like in Mafia II. I loved the cars in that.

It would be nice to be able to choose the colour that "pay 'n spray's" paint your car. I spent ages driving in and out and it got so annoying!

Also,

When your speeding in your car, and then a person jumps in front of it to 'get out the way', then the police try to hunt you,,not fair!

Edited by Jayfroo

Your player should have human traits ( like coughing sneezing etc..)

That should just happen when your not moving. I remember in red dead if you stand still, your character did things like taking his hat off and wiping sweat, or dusting himself off, etc.

I also want all fire escapes down so we can reach rooftops. Probably not realistic, but it would be better, we don't need total realism.

SGT. Johnson

If you stand still for a few minutes, your player interacts with the world around him on his own.

The emergency services sub missions i would like to see better.

Police:

I have seen some mods for PC you can pull over cars and check there licence and if invalid fine them I would like that added.

Fire:

I would like to see more getting out of the truck and using a hosepipe or fire extinguisher (as i remember using a extinguisher to put out a house fire in a mission i think it was in SA

Ambulance:

I was never a big fan of them ones myself no idea how you could make it good but would like to know your thoughts

Other features

I would like to be able to use pay phones to make calls

More realistic car getting dirty and car washing

Drag dead bodies out of site

store objects in car ie back seats or boot / find things as well

custom safe house like saints row

SGT. Johnson
The emergency services sub missions i would like to see better.

Police:

I have seen some mods for PC you can pull over cars and check there licence and if invalid fine them I would like that added.

Fire:

I would like to see more getting out of the truck and using a hosepipe or fire extinguisher (as i remember using a extinguisher to put out a house fire in a mission i think it was in SA

Ambulance:

I was never a big fan of them ones myself no idea how you could make it good but would like to know your thoughts

Other features

I would like to be able to use pay phones to make calls

More realistic car getting dirty and car washing

Drag dead bodies out of site

store objects in car ie back seats or boot / find things as well

custom safe house like saints row

Police:

LCPDFR mod for GTA IV PC. Also wish this would happen, but it's a crime based game. Can still dream.

Fire:

I think Chinatown Wars is what you are thinking about. You were able to put out house fires in CW.

Paramedic:

Stick to the basics but make the jobs more unique: person having a heart attack, bleeding ped, exremely sick ped, falling down staris, broken back, broken leg, need I continue? Shoot out clean up, gunshot wound.

GOOD IDEAS.

I just thought of another few.

1) Articulated trucks. Proper full size ones. Maybe even cars with trailers.

2) Ability to climb up buildings just like in The Saboteur.

3) More realistic driving physics like in Mafia II. I loved the cars in that.

few people hope trailers come back for trucks but trailers for cars would be cool.

also if the car transporter comes back would like to see the cars stay on and don't all come off when you brake or turn

i think that the vehicles should be able to be repaired by the player like the peds repaired their cars in gta 4, if i remember correctly this feature was in mafia 2 and it will be very useful according to me if added to gta V.

Uhh, if you are low on health you should clutch your midsection and limp, this was on Scarface way back on 2006.

G1T

Proper weapon reload animations

I'll tack onto that and say:

NOT PULLING A WEAPON OUT OF YOUR PANTS!

Agreed icon14.gif

But how else would you take out a RPG?

You'd have to go back to your hideout, get it, then carry it over?

Seems too much of a hassle, imo.

That should be the one thing Rockstar keeps for the sake of simplicity.

Thats why i would like to see storing things in the boot or back seats of your car for such weapons

I just think a general increase of pedestrian awareness would be nice. like instead of just running and yelling when there's an explosion, maybe they will gather around to see what's going on. Or if there is a car accident, or someone gets hurt, they will have an interest in what's happening instead of walking by. Just some sort of way for peds to tell when there is a disturbance in the area, and believable reactions.

GTAgamersquirrel
I just think a general increase of pedestrian awareness would be nice. like instead of just running and yelling when there's an explosion, maybe they will gather around to see what's going on. Or if there is a car accident, or someone gets hurt, they will have an interest in what's happening instead of walking by. Just some sort of way for peds to tell when there is a disturbance in the area, and believable reactions.

This!!

I think it would be cool if trucks could hitch boat trailers to put boats on because you can never save that cool boat your find in your garage/parking spot.

SGT. Johnson

Your character and others ACTUALLY opening doors instead of just pushing them open.

FAP-ALL-DAYYYYYY
To actually turn off the engine of a vehicle when you exit. When you went to 'park' your car somewhere in GTA IV the engine and inside lights were still on when you got out.

hold down the button u use to get out of ur car and itll shut off the engine if u tap it once then itll leave the engine running