Small Features

SGT. Johnson

SGT. Johnson

"Bottom of the Barrel" Topic, but what do you think R* can improve upon regarding small features?

I'll give an example to start us off:

For instance, does anyone remember how in multiplayer, when your character breathed, you'd be able to see his breath? That was a small feature that coincided with the ordinary weather that NYC usually has (cold and windy/rainy). Since we were able to see the character's breath, it was a small feature that made the game stand out more.

So, what other small features could they improve upon or include?

Putting on your seatbelt when you get in a car after a few seconds, like when you put on a helmet when you get on a motorcycle.

Peds picking their sh*t back up after we carelessly knock it out of their hands

Yes, people drop their groceries and don't care. You can knock a saxophone out of a busker's hands and he'll just walk away. Doesn't make much sense.

Sounds/music coming from store fronts as you walk past.

The cross walk signs blinking/flashing

when i open the car door, the interior light goes on.

When i open the Trunk the light comes on in the dark.

flash my high beams and see them reflect off of other cars/people.

Listening to an ipod while walking, cuts out some of the noise in the world as you walk.

big puddles on the side of the road and when you drive over them it splashes to the sidewalk.

When you crash into a store front, the glass shatters in the store front windows.

While sitting down, your legs can cross or stretch out as an animation.

Running fast for while your huffing and puffing.

Some cars have one head light out in the front and back.

Some cars have neon underneath the car.

Some npc's go into the store, come out with bags.

Have drive thru's like mcdonalds/burger king with people ordering.

Have some cars being damages front or rear end damage.

SGT. Johnson
Sounds/music coming from store fronts as you walk past.

The cross walk signs blinking/flashing

when i open the car door, the interior light goes on.

When i open the Trunk the light comes on in the dark.

flash my high beams and see them reflect off of other cars/people.

Listening to an ipod while walking, cuts out some of the noise in the world as you walk.

big puddles on the side of the road and when you drive over them it splashes to the sidewalk.

When you crash into a store front, the glass shatters in the store front windows.

While sitting down, your legs can cross or stretch out as an animation.

Running fast for while your huffing and puffing.

Some cars have one head light out in the front and back.

Some cars have neon underneath the car.

Some npc's go into the store, come out with bags.

Have drive thru's like mcdonalds/burger king with people ordering.

Have some cars being damages front or rear end damage.

Cross Walk signs DID blink and change in IV.

Some vehicles had interior lights come on. Also, some had the "open door sound" going when you left the door open.

High beams didn't reflect?

Hopefully we have more destructible environments, but I highly doubt that will happen.

Wouldn't mind having a "sitting on bench/floor" animation.

Like the "running huffing and puffing idea".

Cars in traffic did sometimes have a missing light.

Cars with neon would most likely be gang cars IMO.

Would definitely like more immersion with peds.

Ditto.

Huh? Cars that hit into each other in IV received both front and rear damage.

To actually turn off the engine of a vehicle when you exit. When you went to 'park' your car somewhere in GTA IV the engine and inside lights were still on when you got out.

Yes, this was 'unrealistic' in IV and the peds should feel more 'alive'. Hopefully this will be greatly improved on in V as in Max Payne 3 the animations for enemies are the best of any R* game so far.

Speedometer mate! I think it would add a sense of how fast you are really going.

SGT. Johnson
To actually turn off the engine of a vehicle when you exit. When you went to 'park' your car somewhere in GTA IV the engine and inside lights were still on when you got out.

Am I understanding you right?

In IV, when you held the "Y" Button, the engine would shut off; I don't remember but didn't the lights also?

If you just got out of your vehicle and "parked it", then the engine and lights would stay on.

SGT. Johnson
Speedometer mate! I think it would add a sense of how fast you are really going.

How would the speedometer be implemented?

Would it be part of the HUD?

Would it only appear if you were in a car in FPV?

Or other?

It did shut off if you held the exit button a bit longer.

El Oso Blanco

Animations. I've been playing some SA-MP lately and on the roleplay servers they have character animations. They should implement this into 5. If I'm in a living environment, I want to feel like i'm a part of it, and be able to interact with it as much as the peds can. And also have the peds interact with it as much as I can.

So, Sitting, smoking, dancing, playing instruments, maybe even walking styles, leaning against objects, working on cars, etc.

Cool things for my character to do if i'm bored or afk.

I don't know it you would consider this a small feature but I do.

SGT. Johnson
Animations. I've been playing some SA-MP lately and on the roleplay servers they have character animations. They should implement this into 5. If I'm in a living environment, I want to feel like i'm a part of it, and be able to interact with it as much as the peds can. And also have the peds interact with it as much as I can.

So, Sitting, smoking, dancing, playing instruments, maybe even walking styles, leaning against objects, working on cars, etc.

Cool things for my character to do if i'm bored or afk.

I don't know it you would consider this a small feature but I do.

I'd say "more animations" would fit this tpic, so you are OT.

TBH, I don't think R* would go all out on it like SA-MP (mods usually tend to look better than the regular thing).

Regardless, something similar to TDU2 Avatars would work. If you don't what I'm talking about:

TDU2 had it set up that you could get out of your car and have a personal avatar model in shops, casions, etc. When in the avatar mode, you could select an option on your controller, which would bring up about 10 different emotion/taunts/introduction options. Oncce selected, the avatar would act it out:

EXs: CLAP: Avatar claps

CHEER: Avatar cheers and does a fist twirl

LAUGH/TAUNT: Avatar laughs and points

ETC

ETC

Am I understanding you right?

In IV, when you held the "Y" Button, the engine would shut off; I don't remember but didn't the lights also?

If you just got out of your vehicle and "parked it", then the engine and lights would stay on.

really ? i never knew that lol i thought the engine just stayed on.. im going to see if that works right now lol

SGT. Johnson

Yeah; hold the "Y" Button down for about 2 seconds.

lana_del_rey

The capability to knock wooden telephone poles down if you hit them hard enough (same goes for small trees), realistic looking billboards, have the sand move when you drive on it, have you body look visibly crushed (not gory) after being in a bad accident, run over, or fallen from great heights. tounge2.gif

Yeah; hold the "Y" Button down for about 2 seconds.

Is this in GTA IV or just in the DLC.. or in any of them ?

After playing Saints Row: The Third, I feel as if Rockstar could add a bit more of a camera shake after a car impact.

It'd add to the feeling of..y'know..crashing a car tounge.gif

Is this in GTA IV or just in the DLC.. or in any of them ?

It works in all of them icon14.gif

How would the speedometer be implemented?

Would it be part of the HUD?

Would it only appear if you were in a car in FPV?

Or other?

I think it could be put in the right bottom corner and would be able to be seen quite easily from any view.

SGT. Johnson
Proper weapon reload animations

I'll tack onto that and say:

NOT PULLING A WEAPON OUT OF YOUR PANTS!

Agreed icon14.gif

Proper weapon reload animations

I'll tack onto that and say:

NOT PULLING A WEAPON OUT OF YOUR PANTS!

Agreed icon14.gif

But how else would you take out a RPG?

You'd have to go back to your hideout, get it, then carry it over?

Seems too much of a hassle, imo.

That should be the one thing Rockstar keeps for the sake of simplicity.

SGT. Johnson

I'm for the idea of carrying weapons on your back (would look cool), but yeah, nvm.

I'm ok with carrying lots of weapons and 'pulling them out from nowhere'.

The idea of proper reload animations will be good aswell.. we have seen them in Max Payne 3 so it ill most definatly cross over and be in GTA V.

I'm for the idea of carrying weapons on your back (would look cool), but yeah, nvm.

nah, don't like that idea.. it was good in RDR cause it was normal in the early 1900's setting, but in present day california.. wouldn't work.. id prefer the normal system of carrying about a max of 10 weapons and 'pulling them out from your cloths'.

I would like just to sit in a bench and just role play that I'm tired and waiting for someone.

Animations for shifting gears

Death2Drugs

The paramedics.

Medics now need to carry people on stretchers, and for dead people, coroners should come instead. It'd give much more immersion and realism. And for gods sake, PLEASE MAKE IT SO THAT THE DAMN MEDICS DON'T RUN OVER PEOPLE. In IV, they couldn't drive for sh*t. They drove better in the III era, and even then they still drove very bad.

The paramedics.

Medics now need to carry people on stretchers, and for dead people, coroners should come instead. It'd give much more immersion and realism. And for gods sake, PLEASE MAKE IT SO THAT THE DAMN MEDICS DON'T RUN OVER PEOPLE. In IV, they couldn't drive for sh*t. They drove better in the III era, and even then they still drove very bad.

Lol yeah, they were killing more people than they were saving!