Information in near future

ShotGunRain

So, if your mother left you in the woods as a baby to die and said, just wait here, son, Someone will be here to get you in the near future. Then you end up getting raised by a pack of possums for the next 10 years before someon finally finds you....

Then your perception of "near future" will be quite different

from most others so yeah, its relative.

Cosmic Gypsy
Of course we are. Everyday that goes by is one more day closer to info. Duh.

I don't think so.

Scorer Shawn Lee claimed that he would be working on the soundtrack to a Bully 2 in "the not so distant future" in an interview from 2009.

Guess what? On November 18, 2011, Dan Houser of Rockstar Games mentioned a sequel to Bully during an interview about Max Payne 3.

"So we knew that we didn't want to start doing the Bully sequel instantly at that second with those guys -- even though it is a property that, like Max, we adore and might come back to in the future. There was just no impetus to do that then.

So we said, "You can do Max, and then we will see what we can do with Bully." So it was really waiting for the slot to open up and the group to open up to at least start work on it."

— Dan Houser

So, GTA V info would come in 2015 at the earliest.

what? i hope you were just being silly by saying GTA V info would come at 2015 at the earliest, because that is just preposterous. and quite clearly false.

and yes, it is true that every day that passes we get closer to new info... duhhhh.

ShotGunRain
Of course we are. Everyday that goes by is one more day closer to info. Duh.

I don't think so.

Scorer Shawn Lee claimed that he would be working on the soundtrack to a Bully 2 in "the not so distant future" in an interview from 2009.

Guess what? On November 18, 2011, Dan Houser of Rockstar Games mentioned a sequel to Bully during an interview about Max Payne 3.

"So we knew that we didn't want to start doing the Bully sequel instantly at that second with those guys -- even though it is a property that, like Max, we adore and might come back to in the future. There was just no impetus to do that then.

So we said, "You can do Max, and then we will see what we can do with Bully." So it was really waiting for the slot to open up and the group to open up to at least start work on it."

— Dan Houser

So, GTA V info would come in 2015 at the earliest.

what? i hope you were just being silly by saying GTA V info would come at 2015 at the earliest, because that is just preposterous. and quite clearly false.

and yes, it is true that every day that passes we get closer to new info... duhhhh.

I do hope we get something we waited patiently enough. Their tight lip strategy is getting very annoying.

I think we'll hear something around march 16th---give or take a couple of days. Just a guess nothing more.

grovestreet...home

'The near future' means at some point between now and when you are dead

Shreddy Krueger

So let me get this straight. An official release of info stating that GTA news will come in a few month, i.e. after MP3 is released, and people are still scraping the barrel trying to come up with reasons why it may be less than 3 months (from that official annoucement)? Jesus Christ.

Saying "near future" is just a way of making the 3-month wait not sound like a 3-month wait. I think people really need to learn some self control and spend some time doing other things other than being on this forum. There are way more entertaining things to do aside from sitting on one forum all day waiting for nothing but BS time-wasting threads about fanboy fantasies of features that will never appear in a GTA game. I give kudos to the mods for sticking it out this long because the desperation in this forum is embarassing.

i think release before MP3 is a better option for R* to release GTA V so it doesn't affect MP3 sales too much.

And GTA V is a 100% complete by the look of the trailer

Drunkpolice

So let me get this straight. An official release of info stating that GTA news will come in a few month, i.e. after MP3 is released, and people are still scraping the barrel trying to come up with reasons why it may be less than 3 months (from that official annoucement)? Jesus Christ.

Saying "near future" is just a way of making the 3-month wait not sound like a 3-month wait. I think people really need to learn some self control and spend some time doing other things other than being on this forum. There are way more entertaining things to do aside from sitting on one forum all day waiting for nothing but BS time-wasting threads about fanboy fantasies of features that will never appear in a GTA game. I give kudos to the mods for sticking it out this long because the desperation in this forum is embarassing.

I agree with you. Last I checked, the game's PG rating is 18+. Knowing how many kids whom are still in junior high, making pointless rants about how R* isn't meeting the kids's expectation, is worst than MW3 playerbase - well I'm gonna say f*ck that! Get off the forum and don't waste your effort to bitch, because frankly, most of us don't care, and most importantly, Rockstar does not give a flying f*ck about what you think. If you don't work for Rockstar, then you're not worthy to listen to.

Get off your high horse and realize that R* is following their own marketing forumula, not ours. This forum is starting to turn into a massive awareness about Autisim.

Edited by Drunkpolice

ok Rockstar, but can you explain your concept of "Near"?.

I really like Max Payne 3, and I'm gonna buy it, that's for sure, it would be another Rockstar's masterpiece, blablabla... But it's a completely pain in ass the fact that you don't post ANYTHING about V

Edited by Markhosdangerous

nothing major but the forum seems dry so...

http://www.linkedin.com/company/rockstar-north

some may take it as clues of progress as Linkedin is a site that R* North is occasionally active in

That link is kind of gold mine, if someone wants to pan it for clues. It looks like there are 174 Rockstar employees on LinkedIn. People could chase down every message and every cross-reference on the web to selected employees, maybe be lucky and get some clues to the game. -- since we are all grasping at thin air now anyway.

Triple Vacuum Seal
nothing major but the forum seems dry so...

http://www.linkedin.com/company/rockstar-north

some may take it as clues of progress as Linkedin is a site that R* North is occasionally active in

That link is kind of gold mine, if someone wants to pan it for clues. It looks like there are 174 Rockstar employees on LinkedIn. People could chase down every message and every cross-reference on the web to selected employees, maybe be lucky and get some clues to the game. -- since we are all grasping at thin air now anyway.

icon14.gif Thanks, the info seemed to be useful for GTAV hints.

TheGreene2010
i think release before MP3 is a better option for R* to release GTA V so it doesn't affect MP3 sales too much.

100%?! Yeah right, look again. Maybe about 68%.

ShotGunRain

Isn't it funny when you go to Gta V official site the INFO is in much bigger font than the others underneath. smile.gif

100%?! Yeah right, look again. Maybe about 68%.

It has been 3 years (nearly 4 this April) since R* been working on GTA V and by then would be the best part of 90% to 100%, and not 68% as the trailer looks like its completed and just waiting to be released. I say April 2012 for release date of V.

IV can't last forever (even though I am still playing GTA IV to this day), but more than 4 years of IV, will not be good buisness for R* of only having a 7th gen game still going.

SA to IV (4 years)

IV to V (4 years?)

R* should have had 3 GTA games on PS3 and XBOX 360 during this gen. but apparently we only are getting two. There should have been BULLY 2 and another Red Dead. And NOW they could be finishing this gen off with Max Payne and Agent but we are where we are for whatever reasons. Sometimes you're the dog, sometimes you're the hydrant, I guess.

BirthOfMayhem

I expect to see new info of April 5th. The reason; It may be nothing, but the Social Club calander shows a GTA 4 multiplayer event on the 5th and it's the only GTA event inbetween lots of RDR events. Maybe that's the day they release the second trailer and are having an event to celebrate? It would also bring attention to their youtube channel and website which could be helpful to MP3's final push of promotion.

I expect to see new info of April 5th. The reason; It may be nothing, but the Social Club calander shows a GTA 4 multiplayer event on the 5th and it's the only GTA event inbetween lots of RDR events. Maybe that's the day they release the second trailer and are having an event to celebrate? It would also bring attention to their youtube channel and website which could be helpful to MP3's final push of promotion.

It could be the release, or later in April 2012

No way will the game be released in April. A month wouldn't be anywhere near enough time to promote it.

No way will the game be released in April. A month wouldn't be anywhere near enough time to promote it.

It doesn't need loads of marketing as millions of people know of GTA V since october 25th 2011. And the views of V trailer is still rising. Just wait R* will surprise us again, soon

"near future" in rockstarian language is 4 years

L71cGcK.png

It doesn't need loads of marketing as millions of people know of GTA V since october 25th 2011. And the views of V trailer is still rising. Just wait R* will surprise us again, soon

It does need a lot of marketing. Any new product needs to be marketed, no matter what it is. GTA is no different. I could understand them giving it some less marketing when compared to other products that aren't as well known, but it still needs marketing nevertheless, and one month would be nowhere near enough time before the release.

Shreddy Krueger

I'll bet my years salary R* won't release any info regarding detailed plot, characters, map size/locations, and specific mission structure before the release of MP3.

My theory comes not from negativity, but simply what R* has said.. and I quote "... in a few months..."

Yet people still seem to let their minds wander and say "OH APRIL 5 NEW INFO BECAUSE THERES AN EVENT ONLINE RELATING TO GTAIV THAT DAY!!!" .

Screenshots with no context do not constitute "New Info", should there be any prior to MP3's release. Honestly people, get your sh*t together.

Yep, it is peice of sh*t Max Payne's fault that we don't have any new GTA info. I hope Max Payne rots in hell. angry.gifangry.gifangry.gif

There are screenshots from the trailer, and the trailer itself. And i've been thinking about that only GTA IV event on April 5th. Now it might be nothing, but what if R* has decided to release GTA V next month, which would be the fiscal 2013 year starts, and the best time for their share holders to start investing in GTA V this April (if GTA V does get released then).

BirthOfMayhem
There are screenshots from the trailer, and the trailer itself. And i've been thinking about that only GTA IV event on April 5th. Now it might be nothing, but what if R* has decided to release GTA V next month, which would be the fiscal 2013 year starts, and the best time for their share holders to start investing in GTA V this April (if GTA V does get released then).

Im 99% sure it will not be released in April. I think there will be new info, such as a trailer in April.

ShotGunRain
"near future" in rockstarian language is 4 years

Sadly i have to agree with you confused.gif

R* run their marketing campaigns the way THEY want to, if any of you were in charge you'd drop daily GTAV info on people and oversaturate the market.

Just be glad it isn't Valve making GTAV, think what they've done with HL3 info.