Information in near future

ShotGunRain

ShotGunRain

R* Z 5 hours, 58 minutes ago Hello everyone.

It's nice to keep coming back in here to see how pumped you all are for Grand Theft Auto V. Believe us, we're just as excited to bring you more information in the near future.

However, lets keep things civil between each other - abusive behavior will not be tolerated.

Thanks.

http://m.rockstargames.com/newswire/articl...nouncement.html

It was few months, now it's near future. Are we getting closer? ph34r.gif

It may be another strategy by R* to make the fans still check R* website everyday and advertise Max Payne at the maximum.

Of course we are. Everyday that goes by is one more day closer to info. Duh.

I don't think so.

Scorer Shawn Lee claimed that he would be working on the soundtrack to a Bully 2 in "the not so distant future" in an interview from 2009.

Guess what? On November 18, 2011, Dan Houser of Rockstar Games mentioned a sequel to Bully during an interview about Max Payne 3.

"So we knew that we didn't want to start doing the Bully sequel instantly at that second with those guys -- even though it is a property that, like Max, we adore and might come back to in the future. There was just no impetus to do that then.

So we said, "You can do Max, and then we will see what we can do with Bully." So it was really waiting for the slot to open up and the group to open up to at least start work on it."

— Dan Houser

So, GTA V info would come in 2015 at the earliest.

ShotGunRain

I hope we get something at the end of this month.

Kudos for you. You just explained how the fenomenon of 'time' works.

ShotGunRain
if only it wasn't a warning to comment posters, then it would mean something

Lol i know sad.gif i just want to know who is the protagonist some people even say that the protagonist is Kendall's and Cesar's son who is half black half hispanic lol.

Different people send these messages so for one person its a few months and and the other its near future and someone else could send and email out saying "at some point". I just want it to be before April.

what a stupid thread

GTFO you troll!

On Topic: if we didnt get some info later this month! Then i think we will have to wait till June until Max Payne 3 release

Nice find, but who is R*Z ? The guy who ususaly answers to the comments on their newswire is R*Y mercie_blink.gif

Anywa I bet we will see second trailer in April icon14.gif

I don't think so.

Scorer Shawn Lee claimed that he would be working on the soundtrack to a Bully 2 in "the not so distant future" in an interview from 2009.

Guess what? On November 18, 2011, Dan Houser of Rockstar Games mentioned a sequel to Bully during an interview about Max Payne 3.

"So we knew that we didn't want to start doing the Bully sequel instantly at that second with those guys -- even though it is a property that, like Max, we adore and might come back to in the future. There was just no impetus to do that then.

So we said, "You can do Max, and then we will see what we can do with Bully." So it was really waiting for the slot to open up and the group to open up to at least start work on it."

— Dan Houser

So, GTA V info would come in 2015 at the earliest.

Yeah, ok bro.

ShotGunRain
Nice find, but who is R*Z ? The guy who ususaly answers to the comments on their newswire is R*Y mercie_blink.gif

Anywa I bet we will see second trailer in April icon14.gif

Maybe two different people Y and Z could mean their first letter of their name like Yuri and Zee lol

In near future for R* could very well be next month, or in two months, that's how I see it.

Edited by FrankieP

Snake Without a Tongue

Near future... truly a relative measurement.

Nice, finally we heard something.. I hope it actually means "near future" and not like 3 more months lol.

R* is trippin. I can understand releasing a teaser a few months prior to game release but officially releasing a trailer and over a year before release of ANYTHING is just ridiculous. This is coming from a R* fanboy who loved the hell out of GTA 3. We're closer to new info but that's not saying much..

ShotGunRain
R* is trippin. I can understand releasing a teaser a few months prior to game release but officially releasing a trailer and over a year before release of ANYTHING is just ridiculous. This is coming from a R* fanboy who loved the hell out of GTA 3. We're closer to new info but that's not saying much..

I agree with you, but can't blame them Naughty Dog released teaser/trailer in 2011, but the game is coming out late 2012 and some other games got trailers that are going to be released in 2012 and 2013. They should really just tell us when are they going to release information so we exactly know when and the wait won't be this hard.

You guys do realize that this talk about "in the near future" , and especially coming from R* means sometime around Christmas time 2012. Anyone that has been around here for some time and has known R* to make these statements is nothing more than to stop the fighting on the newswire, and the back and forth, plus whenever R* especially uses thse types of words it means a long time till more info, that is there MO.

So be prepared for in the near future around the holidays. icon14.gif

You guys do realize that this talk about "in the near future" , and especially coming from R* means sometime around Christmas time 2012. Anyone that has been around here for some time and has known R* to make these statements is nothing more than to stop the fighting on the newswire, and the back and forth, plus whenever R* especially uses thse types of words it means a long time till more info, that is there MO.

So be prepared for in the near future around the holidays.  icon14.gif

Well.. Did you expect R* to release GTA V in april or something?? I dont speak for everyone but i think most people on this forum already know that GTA V is most likely to be released around November/December, and obviously we wont get any info before July, so.. What you said is not a surprise actually!

Doesn't mean anything really. Max Payne 3 will be released in two months from now so I expect to see some GTA5 information a few weeks after the release of MP3. My guess is around May 25 - June 10th.

I agree with you, but can't blame them Naughty Dog released teaser/trailer in 2011, but the game is coming out late 2012 and some other games got trailers that are going to be released in 2012 and 2013. They should really just tell us when are they going to release information so we exactly know when and the wait won't be this hard.

Exactly, I just don't like their marketing strategy . I.E. Using one game to market another... Hopefully we get some info soon. Maybe another 2 minute trailer to last us until 2013/2014, you know until GTA V gets delayed... lol.gif

Edited by SocalZHP

Paper Mario

So be prepared for in the near future around the holidays. icon14.gif

No!

You're wrong! Go away!

There will be new stuff after Max Payne 3. Max payne releases May 15th if I'm correct? So I expect GTA V to be shown at E3 this year which starts on june 5th til the 7th.

smile.gif

Spider-Vice

This is definitely a message from Rockstar to stop the fights in the Newswire. Near future can mean anything, even the fact that they don't know themselves when is information coming. Remember, they're just people employed for the Newswire even though they can know one thing or two.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

fitbikesbmx
This is definitely a message from Rockstar to stop the fights in the Newswire. Near future can mean anything, even the fact that they don't know themselves when is information coming. Remember, they're just people employed for the Newswire even though they can know one thing or two.

This is right on. They do know about information before the rest of us, but it's only a week or two in advance. Unless something is coming out by the end of March, they are just enticing us to stay tuned in the mean time.