Could GTA3 and VC influence V release schedule

LotusRIP

So GTA3 and Vice City have officially been given a fresh ESRB rating and rumour has it, they'll be released on the Playstation Online Store as a PS2 Classic download.

Why isn't anybody else talking about this? To me, this suggests strongly that it has something to do with GTAV's release schedule. Mainly being that why else would they release GTA3 and Vice City, but not San Andreas? Because they plan on releasing GTAV instead (which as we know, is also in San Andreas). This alone sounds like a marketing strategy for V already.

So, what do you think this could mean as far as calendar dates go? I'm thinking that it could have something to do with the 10th anniversary of Vice City (released exactly 10 years ago this October). I'm suggesting that they probably have in mind to re-release GTA3, then a month or two later Vice City, and then a month or two later GTAV... any thoughts on this?

Ispintechno

You may be onto something there, and I didn't know about the PS3 re releases personally, I stopped visiting the MP3 machine.

Be a cool way to do it as you described, and ITS ABOUT TIME!

I haven't had a PS2 in years and haven't played VC in ages, and can't get GTA3 to run on my android phone right. I'm in for both.

Bet the PS3 release of legacy SA will come later though. After GTAV sometime as it would be leaving money on the table.

It's not the worst theory we've heard. I think it would be quiet a good idea. Then again, maybe that's the reason I don't work in marketing. Meh...we'll see how it plays out soon enough.

Dudesig.png

I didn't know they had a re-release either. I just looked it up, it was mentioned on Game Informer's site in January. So yea your

probably right, i'd bet money they get released around the same time as GTAV.

I think this has nothing to do with GTA V. The PS3 versions of GTA III and Vice City just won't affect GTA V's schedule in any ways. When compared to each other, everyone will be hyped for GTA V, and nobody will care about playing 10-11 year old games on the PS3. The PS3 re-release of GTA III and Vice City (which will eventually happen, ESRB doesn't seem to lie or misinform) is just an "extra thing", like GTA:SA on the 360.

However, Rockstar might come up with another idea about celebrating Vice City's 10th anniversary, but it will have nothing to do with GTA V. Also, I expect that GTA V will be delayed from whatever release date it is scheduled priorly. Reason: RDR was delayed, GTA IV was delayed, MP3 is delayed. Rockstar fails at predicting the completion of their games -- which isn't a fault, good work needs time.

For those who didn't know about it, a google search will show lots of articles but here's one anyway:

http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1217020p1.html

I already know about this since december/january, Anyway.. I dont think it will have any effect on GTA V release date! The only thing that can effect GTA V's release date is Max Payne 3

For those who didn't know about it, a google search will show lots of articles but here's one anyway:

I already know about this since december/january, Anyway.. I dont think it will have any effect on GTA V release date! The only thing that can effect GTA V's release date is Max Payne 3

If it has no relation to GTAV, then why aren't they releasing San Andreas?

maybe they will be a bonus for buying new, and I would say 3 and vice both had better

versions made for xbox; san andreas didn't. maybe thats what we're looking at.

I thought this too..I thought maybe it was to hype everyone up, but i doubt they would release it one month before gta 5.

If anything i'm expecting it in the next couple of weeks.

I wish they would release san andreas also because thats my favourite one & i don't have a way to play it because i have a ps3.

Anyone know if san andreas could be released as well?

G1T

If this is true, then I can't wait for III and VC on PSstore. And hopefully released at the same time as V

Finn 7 five 11

Maybe they will release them in the build up to V?

ikillionaire ii

Maybe GTA V will be first

Special edition GTA V comes with codes to download the classics?

Maybe the ESRB rating was for III - 10th Anniversary for Android and iPhone... and Vice City - 10th Anniversary for Android and iPhone, which will be this October tounge2.gifmonocle.giftounge2.gif

Max Payne 3 isn't affecting GTA V at all. Aside from the whole MP3 marketing debate that's been going around. Has anyone ever thought that maybe there just isn't anything to show us yet? I would think that you would build your story first, and then throw in all the secondary stuff. Rockstar doesn't want to give away their storyline yet. So... if all they have done is the story and the map, There's nothing to show us.

Be patient and stop blaming it on things that aren't even remotely related.

The reason they haven't re-released SA on PSN is because SA sucked hard, and Rockstar's ashamed of it.

#isaidit

MiamiVice1984

I cant wait to play Vice city on my PS3 biggrin.gif And im sure it wont have anything to do with GTA V. And i also think R* will release it for Vice citys 10th anniversary.

Edited by MiamiVice1984

Bitches_Brew
I stopped visiting the MP3 machine.

lol.gif same here. i wonder what kind of GTA V info R* will post to get people to come back in time for the maxgayne release?

Bitches_Brew

I wish they would release san andreas also because thats my favourite one & i don't have a way to play it because i have a ps3.

i play all of them on my PS3. tounge2.gif

ThEtRuThSANANDREAS69

Will they update the the games with better gameplay or just rerelease? I've been playing those game si ce they came out, a rerelease is a sh*tty celebraation of a great game. Should be bigger it seems.

If it has no relation to GTAV, then why aren't they releasing San Andreas?

Taking the 10th anniversary edition of GTA III and assuming Rockstar is release Vice City for it's 10th anniversary as well, there's no San Andreas because it hasn't been 10 years since the release.

GTA III and Vice City on the PSN isn't going to delay or influence GTA V's release schedule in anyway.

They're PSN titles (as in downloadable games) while GTA V is a disc based game that requires a lot of promotion and man power

At most Rockstar will do for III and Vice City is promote them on the Newswire, give gaming blogs a demo, and update the III and Vice City websites.

GTA V is it's own powerhouse.

Then again, I could be wrong and they include San Andreas as a downloadable game in HD to the people who pre-ordered GTA V smile.gif

Edited by Nigel xD

It's been nearly 10 years since Vice City came out?! Damn! Where did the time go?

i know right, i feel so old

if anything i think these classics will be released either a month or two before GTA V or at the same time. i don't think they will actually

affect GTA V's release but i'm guessing they'll come out around the same time because GTA V's hype may help the sales of the classics

Ispintechno
It's been nearly 10 years since Vice City came out?! Damn! Where did the time go?

i know right, i feel so old

if anything i think these classics will be released either a month or two before GTA V or at the same time. i don't think they will actually

affect GTA V's release but i'm guessing they'll come out around the same time because GTA V's hype may help the sales of the classics

I think the release of the classics to PS3 might even help promote GTAV too!

Agreed if they do it a month or so before it could have an impact either way, probably be a big boost for both respectively.

Finn 7 five 11

Maybe San Andreas is not being re released because it is still being manafactured for ps2, who would buy the ps2 version if it was on ps3?

III AND Vice City are probably for build up for v, or simply just to make more money from the classics.

Maybe San Andreas is not being re released because it is still being manafactured for ps2, who would buy the ps2 version if it was on ps3?

I'm 100% sure they're not wasting money pressing copies of San Andreas anymore lol

I think that boat has sailed.

and plus, GTA SA is on the XBL Marketplace, no?

Anyway, I think releasing GTA III and Vice City a month or two before V will actually hurt GTA V sales.

Say III and VC are $20 each, that's $40 in total and you still have to purchase V which is another $60+ (depending on tax and if you get the [assuming] Special Edition).

On top of that, some people might find it overwhelming to play through 3 GTA games.