Customizable Weapons

DeleteThisAccountPlz

Would you like weapons to be customizable in GTA V?  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like weapons to be customizable in GTA V?

• Yes
    • No

DeleteThisAccountPlz

Would you like to have customizable weapons in Grand Theft Auto V, or not.

universetwisters

no

this isnt call of duty, and i dont get how others dont understand that. its grand theft AUTO, not GUN SIMULATOR

sTgL5iS.png

no

this isnt call of duty, and i dont get how others dont understand that. its grand theft AUTO, not GUN SIMULATOR

icon14.gif

Yes we dont need customizable weapons but we need much more weapons than in IV

I think it would be good if we had some customisation available in GTA V, but it should just be little things. Don't turn it into COD style customisation.

universetwisters
I think it would be good if we had some customisation available in GTA V, but it should just be little things. Don't turn it into COD style customisation.

i wish they would improve the weapons or give more variety rather than have us customize them

sTgL5iS.png

i wish they would improve the weapons or give more variety rather than have us customize them

Customisation is one of the features that would bring variety though, is it not?

universetwisters

Customisation is one of the features that would bring variety though, is it not?

not in my opinion. gta 4 had 2 of each type of gun, and that wasnt a lot of variety. If they had, like, 5 assault rifles, thatd be more variety.

plus, what if you spend a sh*tload of money decking your gun out to the max, only to be arrested and lose it?

i'm not for customization. however, if the gun already comes with, a scope or a grenade launcher, (like the FN SCAR in my concept thread), i'm for that

sTgL5iS.png

not in my opinion. gta 4 had 2 of each type of gun, and that wasnt a lot of variety. If they had, like, 5 assault rifles, thatd be more variety.

plus, what if you spend a sh*tload of money decking your gun out to the max, only to be arrested and lose it?

i'm not for customization. however, if the gun already comes with, a scope or a grenade launcher, (like the FN SCAR in my concept thread), i'm for that

That's fair enough, but I don't want to see them going all out for it and adding 5+ assault rifles as if it's a COD game. GTA is more about the story and criminal world than the weapons. Yes, the weapons are important, but unlike COD, they're not so important that you should start choosing ones based on power, accuracy and all that sort of stuff. If you're looking for all of that, I think you're looking at the wrong game in all honesty.

universetwisters

That's fair enough, but I don't want to see them going all out for it and adding 5+ assault rifles as if it's a COD game. GTA is more about the story and criminal world than the weapons. Yes, the weapons are important, but unlike COD, they're not so important that you should start choosing ones based on power, accuracy and all that sort of stuff. If you're looking for all of that, I think you're looking at the wrong game in all honesty.

right you are icon14.gif

there shouldnt be as much weapons as COD, yet there should be enough to give variety. i could barely tell the difference between the AK & the M4 in gta 4. maybe 3 or 4 would be good, with fixed attatchments for each

sTgL5iS.png

Jimmy_Leppard
no

I don't play call of duty or any other war-simulator games at all, but regardless, why not customizable weapons? I always wanted to be able to put a silencer on my pistol in GTA IV for example. Since I think GTA V will be more about bank frauds etc., I think it should be able to customize weapons. It would be cool. I don't know who wouldn't want that in GTA. It wouldn't do anything harmful to GTA, it would give it another nice feature. I don't get how ''some'' don't understand THAT.

It would be a nice touch. But I wouldn't be upset if it didn't happen.

universetwisters
no

I don't play call of duty or any other war-simulator games at all, but regardless, why not customizable weapons? I always wanted to be able to put a silencer on my pistol in GTA IV for example. Since I think GTA V will be more about bank frauds etc., I think it should be able to customize weapons. It would be cool. I don't know who wouldn't want that in GTA. It wouldn't do anything harmful to GTA, it would give it another nice feature. I don't get how ''some'' don't understand THAT.

why dont the guns just come with silencers already? it worked well in san andreas. plus, as i stated before, whats the point of decking your gun out to the max, just for it to be taken away from you durring arrest?

sTgL5iS.png

How the hell can people vote no?

Didn't ANYONE hate it how in SA if you wanted a silenced pistol, you had to buy a new f*cking pistol just to get the silencer? No! It's the most impractical thing in GTA SA.

But if there was customization, you could just buy a silencer for $100 instead of having to buy a silenced pistol for $1,000!

Which brings us to the topic of weapon storage.

We should be able to put weapons in storage in our safehouse, e.g. If we are about to do something very stupid or risky and we know we may get busted. Or if we like two of the same type of weapon (e.g. AK47 and M4) we can just keep the other weapons of the same type in our safehouses, so this way we don't have to purchase Satchels every time we get bored of Frag grenades for example and vise versa.

A choice in ammo type would be quite nice, like the AA12 in TBOGT that could fire buckshot or explosive rounds. Incendiary rounds would be fun too.

A choice in ammo type would be quite nice, like the AA12 in TBOGT that could fire buckshot or explosive rounds. Incendiary rounds would be fun too.

Yes, that would be nice too. Also, I would like weapon customization to have certain pros and cons to the attachments, so we have to think what would benefit us most or what we would like more instead of just pimping it up without worry and getting a overpowered weapon, and so that weapons without attachments would have their uses as well (like being a jack-of-all-trades compared to their customized variants).

Weapon storage like gionascm2 suggested would be very good as well.

thebestgameever

More ammo capacity and silencers would be suitable i think.

Sure GTA is not a shooting game like COD, but ITS STILL A BIG BIG BIG part of it, so why not improve it and make it better and fun?

Some of you guys really do want a boring game...

What's wrong with having some customisation, at the end of the day its another way to spend your money in the game which GTA badly has lacked.

( on MP their should not be customisation, not normal guns)

Also if the shooting mechanics are like IV or even RDR i would be very gutted, on the controller free aim is pretty much useless and crap because of the slow movement. Hunting and trying to kill animals in RDR with free aim was beyond ridiculous.

It should be like uncharted or saints row.

Didn't ANYONE hate it how in SA if you wanted a silenced pistol, you had to buy a new f*cking pistol just to get the silencer? No! It's the most impractical thing in GTA SA.

But if there was customization, you could just buy a silencer for $100 instead of having to buy a silenced pistol for $1,000!

We should be able to put weapons in storage in our safehouse, e.g. If we are about to do something very stupid or risky and we know we may get busted. Or if we like two of the same type of weapon (e.g. AK47 and M4) we can just keep the other weapons of the same type in our safehouses, so this way we don't have to purchase Satchels every time we get bored of Frag grenades for example and vise versa.

Because they want dating, friends that do nothing, being drunk, they want bowling, darts, empty amusement parks, and no real deep open world game. Can't imagine this not being implemented into V, should have been with IV.

leik oh em jeez!

All the more reason to not get arrested. One of the problems with GTA is that there's nothing to spend money on, this would add something else to spend money on.

Play like an idiot, and you lose your fancy weapons. Seems like a fitting reward for avoiding police.

thebestgameever
no

why dont the guns just come with silencers already? it worked well in san andreas. plus, as i stated before, whats the point of decking your gun out to the max, just for it to be taken away from you durring arrest?

That's the point, HAVING risks like that make the game fun. Getting arrested or dying would resulting in me loosing the gun i spent over 5 grand on would make me play a lot better, be more careful and even escape from battles or be more focused on getting away from the cops.

I dont want dying or being arrested as something i dont give a fak about ,i want to be punished(biggrin.gif) if that happens. Same applies with cars.

People like you really do want a boring ass game.

That's the point, HAVING risks like that make the game fun. Getting arrested or dying would resulting in me loosing the gun i spent over 5 grand on would make me play a lot better, be more careful and even escape from battles or be more focused on getting away from the cops.

I dont want dying or being arrested as something i dont give a fak about ,i want to be punished(biggrin.gif) if that happens. Same applies with cars.

People like you really do want a boring ass game.

Hydro_PlayboyX

why not it would be a cool feature and it could be useful in some missions (silencer, flashlight, ect.)

If they don't saturate the game with a lot of bullsh*t, it's ok to have mods for weapons.

Almost everyone wants car customization, why you don't want weapon customization?

You want it to be like Need for Speed but not like Call of Duty. What's wrong with this?

thebestgameever

It would also add new ways of playing the game, instead of the usual go in, shoot a lot of people, drive away that happens in every gta game it could allow you to play differently and be less linear.

For example you could sneak in, use the silencer to kill people and then escape. Like that mission in SA where you had to steal the records.

Triple Vacuum Seal

Didn't ANYONE   hate it how in SA if you wanted a silenced pistol, you had to buy a new f*cking pistol just to get the silencer?   No!  It's the most impractical thing in GTA SA.

But if there was customization, you could just buy a silencer for  $100  instead of having to buy a silenced pistol for $1,000!

We should be able to put weapons in storage in our safehouse, e.g. If we are about to do something very stupid or risky and we know we may get busted.   Or if we like two of the same type of weapon  (e.g. AK47   and M4)  we can just keep the other weapons of the same type in our safehouses, so this way we don't have to purchase  Satchels every time we get bored of Frag grenades for example and vise versa.

Because they want dating, friends that do nothing, being drunk, they want bowling, darts, empty amusement parks, and no real deep open world game. Can't imagine this not being implemented into V, should have been with IV.

I agree. People keep saying this ain't COD. Who gives a f*ck if it reminds you of COD. That's just like saying, "This ain't COD, we don't need multiplayer".

I haven't seen one reason why customization would hurt. If people really think it will take the fun out of the game then they can just not use it. This feature is in no way a waist of development resources either as it is one of the most wanted new features.

Blaine County Sheriff

"DLC for only 35 cents each for buying NEW/CUSTOM weapons in gta5"

"NOOOOOOOOOO

THIS COULD NOT BE!"

user posted image

Ammo capacity,Silencer,Scope,and flashlight. Nothing else.

What kind of scope customization did you have in mind? The game will be third person...

Ammo customization would also be nice. Not capacity, but type. For example, incendiary ammo or explosive ammo (that one might have to be a cheat). Mounted weapons like grenade launchers would be cool too.

How would you feel about crafting your own sawed-off shotguns?

It depends, really. I don't mind Grand Theft Auto V to have customizable weapons, but only if it doesn't involve sacrificing something else. The GTA series has never really had customization with weaponry and all have been large successes. Nonetheless, I like the idea.

Billy Benedict

It would be cool.

What people seem to forget that gta is and always has been sucessful because it is a collection of everyones favorite game in one box. Its need for speed, uncharted, fable, and now it could be like cal of duty. The progression and customisation of the guns are the most addicting part of it