what if there would be a mission

josefgauci

What do y'all think if there would be a mission where you would kill the president of america by sniper of whatever?

It's a bit far-fetched for GTA, even by III-era standards. Our protagonists' actions tend to only directly influence a specific city or region, and only in relatively subtle ways. Killing the U.S. president wouldn't just have a national influence, it would have a world-wide influence. A little out of our criminal friends' leagues.

EDIT: And of course, the U.S. is still apparently suffering from 9/11 post-traumatic stress syndrome. I wouldn't want to see the game potentially buried for supposedly glorifying terrorism.

Edited by Mr. Darko

i want GTA kill osama bin laden with sniper or whatever.

Seriously? These topics are becoming more and more retarded day after day.

LOL, I love the USA-PTSD comment. That sums up America so perfectly.

Also, would this President be a parody of Obama? If you did that, then all hell would break loose on Rockstar.

user posted image

Unless we play as this guy, I don't think so.

The Made Man
user posted image

Didn't he kill JFK?

Lee Oswald is the name right?

user posted image

Didn't he kill JFK?

Thats correct. It wouldn't be a very good game, you'd spend most of the game spreading communism, moaning about life, trying to get into Cuba, kill the president before getting shot by Jack Ruby.

We could also play as John Wilkes Booth, Charles J. Guiteau or Leon Czolgosz. The only one that would make a good game would be a Booth game, cause he actually went on the run whereas the other two get arrested and executed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unite...empts_and_plots

And there was a Lee Harvey Oswald game as well, which was pretty awesome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JFK:_Reloaded

http://www.fileplanet.com/192027/190000/fi...1.1-(Free-Game)

Nick Foster

^ But then we'd have to get stuck on a river with a broken leg. Not fun.

The Made Man
user posted image

Didn't he kill JFK?

Thats correct. It wouldn't be a very good game, you'd spend most of the game spreading communism, moaning about life, trying to get into Cuba, kill the president before getting shot by Jack Ruby.

We could also play as John Wilkes Booth, Charles J. Guiteau or Leon Czolgosz. The only one that would make a good game would be a Booth game, cause he actually went on the run whereas the other two get arrested and executed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unite...empts_and_plots

And there was a Lee Harvey Oswald game as well, which was pretty awesome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JFK:_Reloaded

http://www.fileplanet.com/192027/190000/fi...1.1-(Free-Game)

lol

RockStarNiko

maybe not the current president, but how about an ex president, a mission where we get to assassinate that moronic chimp known as george w bush

he could be staying in some remote cabin in the countryside, we take out all his guards, head inside and beat him to death with a melee weapon

president.. no. another political person.. yes. a person that is within the high ranks of the Los Santos political system.

Does this really sound like the actions of someone who tried to get out of the lifestyle?

Also, if you're interested in the JFK assassination you should read Stephen King's latest book 22.11.63, it tries to fill in the blanks and is pretty awesome.

God damn it all the mods must be sleeping, what purpose would a mission like this serve? I think somebody's kid drank too many caprisuns and snuck on their parents computer. This topic should be closed before it turns into a political f*ckfest

it would be damn cool if you played as a guy with a sidekick you befriended mid-game, then the protagonist shot the president. while escaping you get a phone call from the sidekick; "Hey man did you hear? the president's been shot!"

protag: *aknowledges and implies he knows something*

then somehow the protagonist is killed and you play as the sidekick, whom inherited everything from the main protagonist.

L71cGcK.png

There was a mission in GTA 1 in which you could kill the president:

That was a hard-ass mission.

'Hydraulics' gonna hate.

user posted image

Nah, it wouldn't be cool with GTA, dude.

It's more about a Call of Duty mission than a GTA mission.

zackryderwoo

I would love a pshycotic character based on Sarah "mudaf*ck" Palin.

user posted image

She works with the protag to kill the president but it goes bad.

You can kill Vicepresident in Hitman:Blood Money and Mayor in GTA:LCS.Also Senator Stubbs in TLAD orders you to kill his uncle, so assassinations of high ranking politicians isn't so strange in videogames.And in COD:BO it was implied that your character killed Kennedy.But it would be too far for R* to include such a mission, highest they would go is murder of Governor or some foreign official,maybe they could put murder of presidential candidate in style of Robert Kennedy murder,implying CIA or UL Paper involvement in that.

No, that's too far. There's having us kill a major mob boss, which is almost unrealistic in itself, but a president? That's a step too ambitious.

There is also possibility that in Saints Row 4 main enemy will be President.In Genkibowl DLC there is mention that Monika Hughes is going into presidential race,which would make her most dangerous enemy of Saints.

Official General

Seriously? These topics are becoming more and more retarded day after day.

I definitely agree with this icon14.gif

V 9 L U K 3 4 V
What do y'all think if there would be a mission where you would kill the president of america by sniper of whatever?

user posted image

I would love a pshycotic character based on Sarah "mudaf*ck" Palin.

user posted image

She works with the protag to kill the president but it goes bad.

Yeah, how about no president killing. I like the picture though. Lol.