Lowrider contest in GTA V?

Static94

Idk but has anyone ever played Midnight club South Central add on? it has that GTA feel to it

universetwisters

I can't quite imagine a 40-something riding around in a lowrider

sTgL5iS.png

The more activities to do with vehicles the better.. hence the name GrandTheftAuto.

I actually can. I think its going to be alot harder for him to gain respect from certain groups he'll probably get called old man alot during the game so he's probably going to have to go the extra mile to build alliances which is where activities like lowrider contest would come in.

The Made Man
Idk but has anyone ever played Midnight club South Central add on? it has that GTA feel to it

You mean like this?

I hope so. Mainly because I miss lowriders being a part of GTA, but I liked the lowrider challenge from SA. It'd be great to see this stuff return.

HydraulicWaRiOr

I actually can. I think its going to be alot harder for him to gain respect from certain groups he'll probably get called old man alot during the game so he's probably going to have to go the extra mile to build alliances which is where activities like lowrider contest would come in.

Yes, because we want the protagonist to be some 50 year old fat loser hanging out with gang members in lowriders. That wouldn't be retarded.

Yes, because we want the protagonist to be some 50 year old fat loser hanging out with gang members in lowriders. That wouldn't be retarded.

[supreme]

user posted image

Don't like it, don't buy it.

universetwisters

[supreme]

exactly. From what i could tell in the trailer, the protagonist fits a mafia-esque guy, not a ghettoblasting gangbanger

sTgL5iS.png

What would be better for the protag. and the player is a drift race where you have to manuver through a track with a bunch of curves in a set time. It would help you practice for when your on the road.

HydraulicWaRiOr

exactly. From what i could tell in the trailer, the protagonist fits a mafia-esque guy, not a ghettoblasting gangbanger

user posted image

That's why I think red car guy is much better and is the protag, f*ck Ned Luke. I want to do that gangbanger sh*t again.

Harwood Butch3r

[supreme]

user posted image

That's why I think red car guy is much better and is the protag, f*ck Ned Luke. I want to do that gangbanger sh*t again.

[supreme]

I don't. There's already a game for "gangbanger sh*t" called SA. Besides who says the guy in the red car is even a gangbanger?

Judging by the theme of GTA V a lowrider mini game would be strange. It fitted SA's theme, because we were in the mix of gang culture.

universetwisters

[supreme]

user posted image

[supreme]

I don't. There's already a game for "gangbanger sh*t" called SA. Besides who says the guy in the red car is even a gangbanger?

Judging by the theme of GTA V a lowrider mini game would be strange. It fitted SA's theme, because we were in the mix of gang culture.

exactly. if ned luke's already "made", then why do a lowrider contest? If he's collecting old cars, thats one thing. but if hes bouncing them up and down, that defeats the purpose

sTgL5iS.png

Harwood Butch3r

Even if we consider that Ned Luke isn't the protagonist as I've said before I don't see the gang culture side of LS being as prominent in GTA V as it was in SA.

Lets face it a lowrider minigame only makes sense for a street gang themed game which GTA V isn't.

Who told you the old man is the protagonist?

Dan Houser? Sam?

universetwisters

Dan Houser? Sam?

its pretty obvious

plus, with (presumably) many, many more districts of los santos, why would i care about some lowrider contest in the slums. maybe as an npc-thing, yea. but to participate in, no

sTgL5iS.png

Dan Houser? Sam?

its pretty obvious

plus, with (presumably) many, many more districts of los santos, why would i care about some lowrider contest in the slums. maybe as an npc-thing, yea. but to participate in, no

I dunno, maybe to get respect from the gang so you can do business with them? If that makes sense.

Dan Houser? Sam?

its pretty obvious

I dunno, maybe to get respect from the gang so you can do business with them? If that makes sense.

I like the idea of gaining respect from gangs in order to do business, especially if it's something you can do outside of missions, but doing it through a low rider contest would be lame and stereotypical. Sounds like something from a corny movie "yo man, you bounce yo car good, I'm gone sell that coke fa you now dawg!" no thanks.

Like it has been said. The "urban" culture was covered in SA. They will probably focus more on the high life in LS with the ghetto taking on a minor role. Perhaps the you will see homeless people more so than IV but with your character being who he is, I doubt he will be sporting a doo rag and drinkin a 40.

HydraulicWaRiOr

Even if we consider that Ned Luke isn't the protagonist as I've said before I don't see the gang culture side of LS being as prominent in GTA V as it was in SA.

Lets face it a lowrider minigame only makes sense for a street gang themed game which GTA V isn't.

Says who? I assume you live in Los Angeles yourself aussie boy? Don't make me laugh, Los Angeles is still gang culture just as it always has been. There is no retard old people mafia here.

And don't say GTA V isn't. Doing so would imply that you know something about GTA V which you DON'T. And the same repetitive mafia bullcrap has been going on in several GTAs, there has only been one gang GTA, I'd much rather have a gang GTA.

Edited by HydraulicWaRiOr

Like it has been said. The "urban" culture was covered in SA. They will probably focus more on the high life in LS with the ghetto taking on a minor role. Perhaps the you will see homeless people more so than IV but with your character being who he is, I doubt he will be sporting a doo rag and drinkin a 40.

No one said he would I'm just saying he might have to do things he probably wouldn't dream of doing to gain respect and more importantly allies. No one would have thought CJ would be helping a guy like Zero by playing nerdy war games but in the end he did to gain an ally, I don't see how that is any different than an aging mobster proving himself to gang bangers. I have a feeling hes going to have to reach out to a lot of groups to help take out whatever opposition he will face in the game.

Edited by Gregers08

No one said he would I'm just saying he might have to do things he probably wouldn't dream of doing to gain respect and more importantly allies. No one would have thought CJ would be helping a guy like Zero by playing nerdy war games but in the end he did to gain an ally, I don't see how that is any different than an aging mobster proving himself to gang bangers. I have a feeling hes going to have to reach out to a lot of groups to help take out whatever opposition he will face in the game.

Good point. It worked in Training Day.

The Made Man

Dan Houser? Sam?

its pretty obvious

I like the idea of gaining respect from gangs in order to do business, especially if it's something you can do outside of missions, but doing it through a low rider contest would be lame and stereotypical. Sounds like something from a corny movie "yo man, you bounce yo car good, I'm gone sell that coke fa you now dawg!" no thanks.

Okay this is just stupid...

I see the protagonist helping gangsters in the hood. Like Niko helped Playboy X. Johnny helping Elizabeth and Malc. Tommy helping the Cubans.ETC ETC ETC...

I would just like to see the protagonist gaining respect from gangsta in the hood by doing low riding contest or street racing, similar to this...

Also there is no mafia on the west coast(not even in Las Vegas), unless its the Russian Mafia or Mexican Mafia.

I would like to see hydraulics like this.

HydraulicWaRiOr

user posted image

Since when do gangbangers drive Aston Martins? biggrin.gif

Well, when you put it that way.

• He could have stolen it

• The game IS supposed to be about money

• If he bought a big house, I suppose he could've bought a nice car as well

• Alot of ex-gang members I know are obsessed with these kind of cars and modifications (If you look closely, you'll notice that the rims change between the two scenes with the red car)

• His past gang could have provided him with quite a lot of money.

Dan Houser? Sam?

its pretty obvious

Okay this is just stupid...

I see the protagonist helping gangsters in the hood. Like Niko helped Playboy X. Johnny helping Elizabeth and Malc. Tommy helping the Cubans.ETC ETC ETC...

I would just like to see the protagonist gaining respect from gangsta in the hood by doing low riding contest or street racing, similar to this...

Also there is no mafia on the west coast(not even in Las Vegas), unless its the Russian Mafia or Mexican Mafia.

I would like to see hydraulics like this.

Low riding contests are fine, using them to gain gangsters respect is stupid and overly simplifies gang politics, sh*t like that doesn't happen in real life

[supreme][/color]

The answer to your question of why Ned Luke is driving a nice car if he doesn't start out rich.

interpolfan11
user posted image

Since when do gangbangers drive Aston Martins? biggrin.gif

Well, when you put it that way.

• The game IS supposed to be about money

• If he bought a big house, I suppose he could've bought a nice car as well

• Alot of ex-gang members I know are obsessed with these kind of cars and modifications (If you look closely, you'll notice that the rims change between the two scenes with the red car)

• His past gang could have provided him with quite a lot of money.

• It's unlikely that he stole it considering gangbangers don't usually find themselves in areas where they can steal exotic cars.

• So we're going to play as a rich gangbanger? That seems unlikely since GTA usually features a rags-to-riches storyline.

• The narrator in the trailer is clearly white.

• See my second bullet

• See my second bullet