GTA V other game competitors

gta_fan28

We all know that GTA V might come out this year. But we also know that there are more great games coming out this year like

1. Assassins Creed 3 - A very successful series made by Ubisoft

2. Sleeping Dogs - Formerly known as True Crime Hong Kong. Much like GTA game.

3. Resident Evil 6 - A very successful series either made by Capcom

4. Hitman Absolution - Another successful series made by IO Interactive

5. Prototype 2 - A great looking game also coming out this April.

6. Metal Gear Rising - A very successful series made by Konami. A sequel of MGS 2 and prequel of MGS 4 of Raiden story.

7. COD Black Ops 2(Possibly). So will GTA V sales affect when this game come out?

8. Ghost Recon Future Soldier - A successful series made by Ubisoft

Will this games affects GTA V sales when GTA V come out on the same date especially AC3 or COD Black Ops 2?

All other games will be affected by the release of GTA5. It's true that sales can be affected by other games but the TOTAL amount of sales will not be affected by other games.

Edited by Vormek

Paper Mario

No. GTA V is the best out of all those.

I'm only getting Hitman Absolution on that list. But GTA V will still be better than Hitman Absolution. Don't get me wrong though. Hitman Absolution will be friggin awesome too. Only I think GTA V will have more replay-value.

:3

I don't care for the other games. Although they may be good. Not better than GTA V in my opinion.

All other games will be affected by the release of GTA5.

How can u say that? Remember that COD MW3 earned a billion $. It beats GTA IV record. And not all the gamers around the world like to play GTAV.

When I look at these games, I don't see too many direct competitors there for GTA V. Someone who buys COD or Assasins Creed, but also wants GTA V will probably just buy both games. People who have consoles are usually able to afford another games for an extra £50 or so. If they can't get it right away, then they'll get it eventually. It would be different if this was a situation where GTA V is competing with similar games, but that's not the case here. If I want to buy games, I buy all of them, even if not right away, and I'm not even an avid gamer. I'm sure those who are really into their gaming would eventually be able to afford both games.

mafiahitman14

How can u say that? Remember that COD MW3 earned a billion $. It beats GTA IV record. And not all the gamers around the world like to play GTAV.

i think everyone want to play grand theft auto but its just that their parents doesn't have the same opinion as the gamer do.

I'm just pointing out that GTA V has a tight game competitors especially AC3 and Black Ops 2. Unlike in 2008 when GTA IV was released there aren't many other great games that can compete GTAIV except on MGS4 cause it's the same date and year when konami release it.

GTA is the biggest game franchise ever.. And To be honest the only game that can compete with GTA in quality is the Uncharted series and it wont sell more than 7-9 millions (unfortunely) because its an exclusive, also the only good games on that list are: Assassin's Creed III & Resident Evil 6, and they dont sell as good as GTA/COD,

oh and btw GTA V will be the best selling game ever!

PS: GTA V will crush the next call of duty in sales #FACT

Edited by Gtaghost22

No. GTA V is the best out of all those.

I'm only getting Hitman Absolution on that list. But GTA V will still be better than Hitman Absolution. Don't get me wrong though. Hitman Absolution will be friggin awesome too. Only I think GTA V will have more replay-value.

:3

I don't care for the other games. Although they may be good. Not better than GTA V in my opinion.

That's a very naive post in my opinion. CoD, Resident Evil, Metal Gear and Assassin's Creed all have extremely huge fanbases and will all more than hold their own against GTA. Besides, you can't single GTA out as being the best when you've not played any of the titles. sarcasm.gif

EASTC0AST_GH05T

Reading threw these threads these GTA fans seem young and out of touch with reality. The op didn't ask if quality wise did you think the games would be better then GTA V he asked if you think the sales could be effected with all the up coming titles. GTA is my favorite but there are plenty of other great games coming out soon. Resident evil and assassins creed have large followings as well. This is definitely a good year to be a gamer.

Edited by EASTC0AST_GH05T

OriZarhiKing5

GTA would not sell less because of other games - other games would sell less because of GTA!

The Red Woman

I would get gta before any other game as Id assume most people on a GTA FORUM would!!!

Although its hard to believe, not every gamer in the world would think the same. When talking about sales affected, its not just overall sales its like sales in the first week, first month of release etc, in that sense a big release like Bioshock infinite, a new call of duty or assassins creed title could effect sales of gta and your little pisspants fanboy opinions about it are completely irrelevant

GTA would not sell less because of other games - other games would sell less because of GTA!

This sound like chuck Norris

G1T

I'll buy GTA no matter what, cause I probably wont buy any of those other games anyways.

1. Assassins Creed 3 - MIGHT get, but would be AFTER I get GTA and probably after AC3 goes down in price.

2. Sleeping Dogs - Never heard of it, might have to look into it though.

3. Resident Evil 6 - Probably a rent only game. Have to finish RE5 first, which I'm close to.

4. Hitman Absolution - Probably wont play, haven't touched any of the others in the series.

5. Prototype 2 - Not sure what this is...

6. Metal Gear Rising -Sounds interesting, but shouldn't have stopped playing most of the way through the first one. So a lot of catching up to do, will be a bargain game by the time I'm ready for it. That's IF I decide to get back into the Metal Gear series.

7. COD Black Ops 2(Possibly). Wont even touch this game or think about getting it. Just not my thing.

8. Ghost Recon Future Soldier - Might check this game out, I like stealthy shooters.

So none of those games will have an affect on my decision to get GTA V, nor will GTA V affect my decision for getting any of the other games. R* just needs to release the damn game. It's so much different from anything else, that I really don't see the fans that want this game choosing it over something else or vise versa, they would probably just get both.

We all know that GTA V might come out this year. But we also know that there are more great games coming out this year like

1. Assassins Creed 3 - A very successful series made by Ubisoft

2. Sleeping Dogs - Formerly known as True Crime Hong Kong. Much like GTA game.

3. Resident Evil 6 - A very successful series either made by Capcom

4. Hitman Absolution - Another successful series made by IO Interactive

5. Prototype 2 - A great looking game also coming out this April.

6. Metal Gear Rising - A very successful series made by Konami. A sequel of MGS 2 and prequel of MGS 4 of Raiden story.

7. COD Black Ops 2(Possibly). So will GTA V sales affect when this game come out?

8. Ghost Recon Future Soldier - A successful series made by Ubisoft

Will this games affects GTA V sales when GTA V come out on the same date especially AC3 or COD Black Ops 2?

Some of those games will be released this year and some next year(Rising).I was planning to buy most of them,especialy AC3 and Hitman,but V is priority and if its question of money then V all the way.Also they are going to be released in different periods and won't affect V's sales.In fact when Rockstar finally announce release date for V every other company will delay their games if they are too close to release of V.

No, none of those games will impact GTA V's sales at all.

GTA games are pretty much guaranteed to sell well. It's only really unknown franchises that struggle to stand out among other releases.