Rock Climbing

MSC

By looking at the GTA V trailer, we can assume that there's going to be a pretty huge mountain range so I've been thinking of a way we could climb up and around rock faces.

The player could have a grapple-like tool, with which you could aim at a rock face (from a realistic distance) and throw it at. A rope would be attached and the player would be able to climb up the rope. There could then be a second 'grapple' which the player could aim somewhere else on the rock face, let go of the first rope and climb up the second, and so on.

Hope this makes sense and hope it hasn't been mentioned before!

Good idea! And judging from the trailer (3 guys ready to hiking a mountain) I'm sure we will have something like this in GTA V

Edited by Gtaghost22

Mokrie Dela

i dont think that mountain's real.

I think it's a film set. The clip is an advert or something imo, it's being filmed in a studio.

But that's my absurd theory.

I woudln't mind rock climbing though, but i wonder how the mechanics would work. would we just hold up? Or would we have to "shoot" each footfall? Go too far in either direction and it'd lose it's fun imo. too simple, why bother. too hard... well why bother tounge.gif Would you fall if you missed the grapple? would you have a safety net? or would you die?

Hmm

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

087rqaU.pngVw81Z2a.pngxWvxZoT.png1fb6cYB.png

Click here to view my Poetry

I think it's a film set. The clip is an advert or something imo, it's being filmed in a studio.

I woudln't mind rock climbing though, but i wonder how the mechanics would work. would we just hold up? Or would we have to "shoot" each footfall? Go too far in either direction and it'd lose it's fun imo. too simple, why bother. too hard... well why bother tounge.gif Would you fall if you missed the grapple? would you have a safety net? or would you die?

Hmm

I don't think so.

Through the trailer you can see a huge mountain, plus there are moving clouds above it.

G1T

Mokrie Dela

Hmm

I don't think so.

Through the trailer you can see a huge mountain, plus there are moving clouds above it.

perhaps. I havnt seen the trailer for a while.

I did say absurd theory tounge.gif

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

087rqaU.pngVw81Z2a.pngxWvxZoT.png1fb6cYB.png

Click here to view my Poetry

killerbee25
By looking at the GTA V trailer, we can assume that there's going to be a pretty huge mountain range so I've been thinking of a way we could climb up and around rock faces.

The player could have a grapple-like tool, with which you could aim at a rock face (from a realistic distance) and throw it at. A rope would be attached and the player would be able to climb up the rope. There could then be a second 'grapple' which the player could aim somewhere else on the rock face, let go of the first rope and climb up the second, and so on.

It would be great if we had some sort of tool like the one in Just Cause 2.

If it was there, then it could possibly have a role in a mission. I don't know how it would work, but it would be interesting and different.

Of the one mountain backdrop where we see hikers, I can only imagine a much fuller experience then GTA San An offered, though there was still a lot of fun to be had, the AI and natural effects, along with a more lush, fuller detailed mountain range, grasses, trees, I hope perhaps any scaling or climbing up mountains puts some new twists into the game, and not just GTAs, but any game prior

HydraulicWaRiOr
So the Old fat guy can climb ??

I don't think gravity could handle it.

V 9 L U K 3 4 V

I would love to see it happen like as an activity to do with your in game friends but I don't get how they would pull it off.

There will likely be some button mashing of some sort, and simple controller button schemes still being used. One of the advantages in a franchise is familiarity with major controls

• 5 months later...

Judging by the new leisure pictures and some of the rumours/leaked info, I'm swaying towards believing that rock climbing is indeed in the game.

I think the mountain in the game (even though I hope it won't be) is the border of the map, probably in the northeastern part, and most likely will not be climbable. They already had that kind of terrain in GTA3.

• 2 months later...

I really like this idea! It seems fairly possible that it could be included too with all the mountains and cliffs we've seen so far.

AnimalDesatado

Hmm

Yes, you said it first, ABSURD THEORY...

G1T

That sounds like a fun idea. I'd also like to find a cave like the one in the film "The Descent". Go caving for a while.

To much to ask though I think lol

From B With Love

Hmm

That would be a master troll

this was the first thing that popup into my mind after seen that 'Zancudo River' screenshot.

if they can pull it out it will be an amazing addition to the game. icon14.gif

I'm definitely going rock climbing in every truck I can get my hands on smile.gif Loved doing that in every game I could. Even in Crackdown LOL cool.gif

I'd love to see it as long as it's not slow as hell. This is a place where realism would kill the feature -- why would I climb it and spend 30 minutes doing so when I can just spawn a plane and spend 30 seconds doing so?