My upcoming pc build, what do you guys think?

Kjaystar

Stuff I already received:

CASE: NZXT PHANTOM PHAN-001BK

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock Z68

RAM: 8GB(I don't need the overkill speech, please smile.gif I was on sale, so why pass it up)

OPTICAL DRIVE: ASUS24X

PSU: CORSAIR V2 750W

Don't have yet:

CPU: i7 2600K

GPU: EVGA GTX 570

HDD: WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR GREEN 2TB

SDD: CRUCIAL 128GB

WIN. 7 64BIT

What do you guys think? Can you go over everything and put a ( icon14.gif , icon13.gif ) on what you think? Thanks for everyone's help.

Will update as I get the right feedback.

Edited by Kjaystar

I'd go for a i5 2500k (since there's no difference in gaming) and a gtx580 instead.

I'd rather the i7, and the 580? Are you sparing me a few extra bucks to get it? mercie_blink.gif lol, the 570 is going to be fine.

YankeesPwnMets

Plenty enough. i5 and 580 isnt going to be any better then i7 and 570

Also I hope you got a cooler for that i7....

Don't get the Caviar Green, or any eco-friendly drives for that matter, if you're looking for performance. The Green drives are always slower than their non-Green counterparts. This can really take a toll on gaming performance as mechanical HDDs are sluggish enough as they are.

I'd also go for a 2GB 6970 instead of the 570.

FIOszpJ.gif

Yeah, I have a cooler, is the COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus good? Cause thats what I have.

Don't get the Caviar Green, or any eco-friendly drives for that matter, if you're looking for performance. The Green drives are always slower than their non-Green counterparts. This can really take a toll on gaming performance as mechanical HDDs are sluggish enough as they are.

Really? I'll change the hdd then, whats better IYO or anyone else?

Is the 6970 2gb better than the 570 2gb?

Plenty enough. i5 and 580 isnt going to be any better then i7 and 570
It would depend a lot on the program... in GTA, maybe not. In most other games it would be better (580 and i5)

Really? I'll change the hdd then, whats better IYO or anyone else?

Is the 6970 2gb better than the 570 2gb?

Anything non-Green would do really. The higher the RPM and cache the better. Also look for access times, the lower the better.

And yeah, the 6970 is faster than the 570.

FIOszpJ.gif

I'd rather the i7, and the 580? Are you sparing me a few extra bucks to get it? mercie_blink.gif lol, the 570 is going to be fine.

Well, with the money you would save by going with the 2500k you could pick up a 580, just a suggestion; Either way, you'll be fine.

As far as HDDs go I recommend Seagate ST1000DM003, it's incredibly fast.

74cXSsx.png

Should be wink.gif

74cXSsx.png

Must be certain systems?

Gaming will almost always see better performance using the i5/580 combo vs. the i7/570 combo. An exception would be Flight Simulator or games like city building simulators; then you'd want the i7. Games like GTA or Skyrim you probably won't notice much of a difference between the two however the i5/580 would probably still eek you out a few extra frames.

- Video editing, programming, and playing VERY large open-world games - Get the i7/570

- Tendency to play regular games such as GTA, BF3, WoW, SC2, etc. - Get the i5/580

TBH though, you really should be waiting for the new Ivy Bridge chips to come out, even the new Nvidia cards. I'd expect you can save around $100, maybe more waiting until April-May. Some people might find that's a reasonable price to get their computer 2-3 months earlier though, so up to you.

Edited by Vintage88

I'd get a 570 instead of the 6970 if I were you. Nvidia cards has been more compatible with certain games and also been more stable (in terms of drivers) in general in my limited gaming experience.

I'd say that HD6970 and GTX570 are equally good choices.

74cXSsx.png

Probably in the fourth quarter of 2012.

74cXSsx.png