Time has flown

leakisreal

I can't believe how long it has been since the trailer. And in addition to the trailer, we know absolutely nothing. Rockstar is surely the best developer in the world. Seriously, they got some balls. I felt safe to create this thread, because there is nothing new really to talk about anyway.

http://www.timeanddate.com/date/durationre...3&y2=2012&ti=on

EncryptedReality

They don't give a f*ck until Max Payne 3 is off the spotlight, understand it and be smart or don't and go play with something else, your choice

Exactly what i was thinking, time has flown. 4 months later we are here, still talking all kinds of stuff about the game. Back in November i was sure we would have some more info by now.

Well,we can't do anything,just wait until june and hope that MP3 DLC's will dissapear fast and then all R* focus will be on V.Until then still got a lot of other games i will try to finish before come back for some new info.

Just gonna play Castle Miner Z and beat GTA IV 3 times until I hear more info in May.

Sunrise Driver

At least we got trailer instantly and possible new info in 3 months.

With GTA 4 we had nothing in first 10 months (except for GTA LCS PS2 and GTAVCS).

Paper Mario

Time goes fast when you do stuff too. Right now I have 1 week vacation. Vacation always goes fast... sad.gif

Next week I have school and work again. You know, 2 days college then 3 days work. That til the end of april and then I have 2 weeks vacation until in the middle of may.

Then I need to go from midst may til june 13th and then summer vacation starts! And by then we sure will have GTA V news!

biggrin.gif

Time goes fast. It already is march 1st! @__@

Almost spring too. Only 20 days left. 0__0

You're damn right! If I could go back in time, I would punch myself in the face for hoping we'd get a second trailer on Christmas lol.gif

SGT. Johnson
You're damn right! If I could go back in time, I would punch myself in the face for hoping we'd get a second trailer on Christmas lol.gif

I second that!

Triple Vacuum Seal

I guess being in college helps, the only time I think of GTAV is on these forums while in my dorm, but once I leave to start doing stuff...I could give two sh*ts about the release date or more info. I got classes, blunts, and 40oz. to worry about.

Yeah, college helps icon14.gif

Also, trying to 100% Saints Row: The Third on two account helps too colgate.gif

Took me four day's without cheat's. ph34r.gif

I power f*cked the sh*t outta that game.

OT: I honestly thought it's been half of that time... at this point - I really don't care. Info will come as it please's...

Paper Mario

Although college helps it's still f*cking boring whilst being there. I enjoy my work more than when I'm on school. Well not really work. It's for school. "Stage" as we say it in dutch.

But yeah, when working it goes by fast. But that doesn't mean it still annoying. confused.gif

Harwood Butch3r

Just started university this week and I really haven't thought of GTA V until now. Hopefully by my first break there'll more info.

If I had the patience to go until GTA V's release without any new info, I would. I know already that I'm going to like it; it won't be perfect, I'll have some problems with it I'm sure, but I know I will like it. So I don't need any new info to secure my purchase, and I would love to have everything be a total surprise, including the protagonist (might be the Ned Luke guy, might not, I don't know for sure!). It seems like it would be exciting to go into a game almost completely blind, but unfortunately I don't have the patience for that. I'll probably gobble each new piece of information, so in this situation I'm quite glad actually that R* has been keeping quiet about it.

In a few months, after MP3 is released, the dam will open and it'll be like this never even happened. Honestly, if people are pissed off about this wait, they should wear my shoes in waiting for Stellar Dawn, which was known about since '08 and officially announced in '10, and to this day has been cancelled and restarted once and just today has been put on hold indefinitely, and in that entire span not one single bit of information about gameplay or story have been released officially, and what leaks we have are absolute scraps. No gameplay videos, not even screenshots. Yet I persevered until it was put on hold today; that was the last straw, and now I'm no longer waiting for it. And keep in mind that there was no guarantee that this was going to be a good game, unlike GTA.

Waiting for a game from a competent developer like Rockstar doesn't have that sense of fear that the game isn't even going to come out. We know GTA V will come out, and we know it will be a quality game. The first teaser trailer showed a hell of a lot of footage, filled with diverse situations, settings, and even characters. The who's whos and the what's whats aren't totally clear yet, but we know that such things will be revealed in due time. People who are pissed at this wait for GTA V and who consider R* incompetent for such a wait really have no idea what it's like to wait for a game from a truly incompetent developer. This is really heaven compared to that.

Edited by Mr. Darko

thebestgameever

I mean would a measly ingame screenshot of ANYTHING really be that bad for them tounge.gif

At the end of the day, when they release the info i will still be very very hyped, even if that is 4 or more months away( i hope its not though)

SGT. Johnson

I mean would a measly ingame screenshot of ANYTHING really be that bad for them tounge.gif

At the end of the day, when they release the info i will still be very very hyped, even if that is 4 or more months away( i hope its not though)

Rockstar's supposed theory on marketing is mostly this:

"The less they know the better, and the more they'll be able to enjoy it when the game finally hits the stores"

MIKON8ERISBACK

Max Payne 3 is just filler material for them to curtail the release of any new information. It's not anticipated to even come close to GTA V's sales.

Max Payne 3 is just filler material for them to curtail the release of any new information. It's not anticipated to even come close to GTA V's sales.

Yep, and i can see some form of GTAV info on the newswire close to max payne around April or so as max payne is just some 8 hour one night game and then a trade in, although i am not buying it, i want an open world game, not some plce holder of a game that won't even sell a couple million. Right now there are wii games that have more preorders then max payne which only has 150000 or so pre orders from both consoles.

@SGT. Johnson

And that marketing approach is actually, believe or not, ultimately beneficial. Consider the whole thing about delayed and immediate satisfaction. The screenshot gives from immediate satisfaction, which sounds good until you realize it only whets your appetite and makes you want more, instead of just letting it go and thinking about other things. GTA V has been announced, so we know that it's going to happen.

Now all there is to do is wait, and I believe it's actually easier to wait when it's not all up in your face. The real wait's not going to begin until after MP3 comes out, because that means GTA V is next and it's going to be everywhere. This is the delay part, and the months up to the game's release will build up satisfaction, until finally you have it in your hands. But, because R* released the bare minimum of info, videos, and screenshots, very little of it has been spoiled for you. You may not even know what the HUD looks like unless you've watched leaked gameplay footage.

I think one thing that bothers people about waiting for information is the idea that knowing what something is will make it so that it doesn't somehow change later. What I mean by that is, if they just tell us who the protagonist is, then we know who it is (this is obvious), but who the protagonist is will remain the same regardless of whether we know or not. Knowing what it is lends us a sense of security, and we like that, but every new bit of information spoils the experience just a bit more. (Although I can guarantee we'll know who the protagonist is long before the game comes out, obviously). So do you sacrifice the surprise for a sense of security, or do you accept a bit of risk for some surprises? I know what my choice is, and I suppose that's the approach R* is taking.

@MIKON8ERISBACK

Dude, do you honestly believe that? Developing a whole game just to give them a chance to keep quiet about GTA V? They don't need an "excuse" to keep their lips zipped for GTA V. Obviously it won't get as many sales as GTA because it's not as big a franchise.

I find myself quite disappointed in my fellow GTA fans when they act like this regarding any game other than GTA. R* is allowed to make other games in other genres without having some kind of ulterior motive to it, or for it to have anything to do with GTA. Max Payne 3 has a lot of interesting innovations and there's a lot of places its story can go. I'm not that interested in it because it's not my kind of game, but I'm not going to bash it because of its supposed relationship to GTA V or because it's not GTA. Max Payne is a critically acclaimed series with a devoted fanbase. Is having one more game in that franchise from a developer that clearly cares about it really such a big problem for GTA fans?

Edited by Mr. Darko