PlayStation 3 Exclusive

MIKON8ERISBACK

Not this f*cking thread again. This has been brought up at least 6 times now in the last 2 months and all leads to utter idiots such as east coast writing his fanboy blabble.

Thread reported.

As far as I read, nobody has been a fanboi about anything. Just stating theories along with opinions.

The next question is the Xbox 360's physical hardware vs the PS3s. CPU clock speed, RAM, etc.

They're almost exactly the same.

Xbox 360 - 500 Million Triangles/sec

PS3 - 250 Million Triangles/sec

Vertex Shader Processing

Xbox 360 - 6.0 Billion Vertices/sec (using all 48 Unified Pipelines)

Xbox 360 - 2.0 Billion Vertices/sec (using only 16 of the 48 Unified Pipelines)

Xbox 360 - 1.5 Billion Vertices/sec (using only 12 of the 48 Unified Pipelines)

Xbox 360 - 1.0 Billion Vertices/sec (using only 8 of the 48 Unified Pipelines)

PS3 - 1.0 Billion Vertices/sec

Filtered Texture Fetch

Xbox 360 - 8.0 Billion Texels/sec

PS3 - 12.0 Billion Texels/sec

Vertex Texture Fetch

Xbox 360 - 8.0 Billion Texels/sec

PS3 - 4.0 Billion Texels/sec

Pixel Shader Processing with 16 Filtered Texels Per Cycle (Pixel ALU x Clock)

Xbox 360 - 24.0 Billion Pixels/sec (using all 48 Unified Pipelines)

Xbox 360 - 20.0 Billion Pixels/sec (using 40 of the 48 Unified Pipelines)

Xbox 360 - 18.0 Billion Pixels/sec (using 36 of the 48 Unified Pipelines)

Xbox 360 - 16.0 Billion Pixels/sec (using 32 of the 48 Unified Pipelines)

PS3 - 16.0 Billion Pixels/sec

Pixel Shader Processing without Textures (Pixel ALU x Clock)

Xbox 360 - 24.0 Billion Pixels/sec (using all 48 Unified Pipelines)

Xbox 360 - 20.0 Billion Pixels/sec (using 40 of the 48 Unified Pipelines)

Xbox 360 - 18.0 Billion Pixels/sec (using 36 of the 48 Unified Pipelines)

Xbox 360 - 16.0 Billion Pixels/sec (using 32 of the 48 Unified Pipelines)

PS3 - 24.0 Billion Pixels/sec

Multisampled Fill Rate

Xbox 360 - 16.0 Billion Samples/sec (8 ROPS x 4 Samples x 500MHz)

PS3 - 8.0 Billion Samples/sec (8 ROPS x 2 Samples x 500MHz)

Pixel Fill Rate with 4x Multisampled Anti-Aliasing

Xbox 360 - 4.0 Billion Pixels/sec (8 ROPS x 4 Samples x 500MHz / 4)

PS3 - 2.0 Billion Pixels/sec (8 ROPS x 2 Samples x 500MHz / 4)

Pixel Fill Rate without Anti-Aliasing

Xbox 360 - 4.0 Billion Pixels/sec (8 ROPS x 500MHz)

PS3 - 4.0 Billion Pixels/sec (8 ROPS x 500MHz)

Frame Buffer Bandwidth

Xbox 360 - 256.0 GB/sec (dedicated for frame buffer rendering)

PS3 - 20.8 GB/sec (shared with other graphics data: textures and vertices)

PS3 - 10.8 GB/sec (with 10.0 GB/sec subtracted for textures and vertices)

PS3 - 8.4 GB/sec (with 12.4 GB/sec subtracted for textures and vertices)

Texture/Vertex Memory Bandwidth

Xbox 360 - 22.4 GB/sec (shared with CPU)

Xbox 360 - 14.4 GB/sec (with 8.0 GB/sec subtracted for CPU)

Xbox 360 - 12.4 GB/sec (with 10.0 GB/sec subtracted for CPU)

PS3 - 20.8 GB/sec (shared with frame buffer)

PS3 - 10.8 GB/sec (with 10.0 GB/sec subtracted for frame buffer)

PS3 - 8.4 GB/sec (with 12.4 GB/sec subtracted for frame buffer)

Shader Model

Xbox 360 - Shader Model 3.0+ / Unified Shader Architecture

PS3 - Shader Model 3.0 / Discrete Shader Architecture

Xbox 360 has the advantage in most cases.

What a crock of BS spec wise even Microsoft's lead dev acknowledged that the ps3 is more advanced they are not identical in no way shape or form and the ps3 exclusives look wayyyy better then 360s exclusives. 360 fanboys are in denial about there machines specs I have even seen some try to argue that Xbox is better then PC spec wise lol. They will not accept the fact that hardware spec wise the 360 is inferior to the ps3.

That screams fanboy at me. All this will do is lure more in for the same recycled argument.

Having both PS3 and X360 didn't bothering me.But i do remember how i feel when the EFLC was supposed to be X360 exclusive when i did't own X360,or how the PC fans feel for not having RDR on PC so i say no to any exclusivety,just release the same content for all systems.

Sunrise Driver

STOP F**KING MEASURING GTAV PC FATE BY RDR PC FATE.

By your logic: RDRevolver wasn't on PC so GTASA also couldn't be on PC. Same with GTA V. No PC version for RDR doesn't mean anything.

RDR is San Diego game. SD games aren't on PC. Games from all other R* teams ARE on PC.

"GTA V won't be on PC" is the same retarded bulls**t as "GTA V won't be on PS3".

By your logic: RDRevolver wasn't on PC so GTASA also couldn't be on PC. Same with GTA V. No PC version for RDR doesn't mean anything.

RDR is San Diego game. SD games aren't on PC. Games from all other R* teams ARE on PC.

"GTA V won't be on PC" is the same retarded bulls**t as "GTA V won't be on PS3".

somebodies butthurt

Ludzidocelowych
I believe Sony mentioned a quad layer would be possible on Ps3, by that I'm guessing they meant dual layer on both sides, BDXL isn't compatible with the ps3, they're 100GB-128GB, And yes dual layer works, i believe MGS4 was one of, if not the first to use it.

While i'd be super happy if it was exclusive to Sony, even if it was just for 6 months. The 360 has one feature PS3 doesn't, you can install games on the HDD, Im guessing it will be on 4 or 5 discs, 1 dual layer BD.

Unfortunately I doubt Sony has $300 000 000+ it would likely cost to secure it as an exclusive, even a time exclusive would likely cost 100+ million

I guess it comes down to what rules MS set when it comes to mandatory installs, I just hope it doesn't mean cuts to content

Sony is worth literally BILLIONS

$300,000,000 is pennies to them, but the game division is just one division of Sony

RDR was very, very good however, like I said there will come atime when R* doesn't release GTA for the PC, look what they ddi with RDR. Amazing game on PS3, no sign of a PC release at all despite fan interest.

R* Won't be putting RDR on PC.

Quote:

"Rockstar has confirmed that Red Dead Redemption is not coming to the PC. In a Q&A on the company's blog, Rockstar explains, "All we can say is that whenever it is viable (technically, developmentally and business-wise) for us to release a game for PC (or any other particular platform) – we will and we usually do; unfortunately, that is just not the case 100% of the time for all platforms."

"To PC gamers, we hope that between the Grand Theft Auto titles, and the forthcoming L.A. Noire and Max Payne 3, you'll have plenty of great Rockstar action to enjoy."

source:

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/06/rockstar...ing-not-viable/

No, back to topic:

QUOTE:

Dan Houser has made perhaps the most important critique and justification of Sony's decision to use Blu-ray.

Who's Dan Houser? The Co-founder, along with brother Sam, of Rockstar...you know, those Grand Theft Auto guys. Speaking to 1up, Dan Houser states the standard dual-layer DVD simply isn't enough, and that it too became a problem during GTAIV's development. This raises some concern on whether or not the next Grand Theft Auto game will fit on an Xbox 360 disc, because Rockstar's motto has consistently been focused on making each and every new game larger than the last.

"One of the problems with the 360, and it affects games like Grand Theft Auto if you think about how much content we put in the actual machine, is the fact that they don't have a significantly larger storage medium than the previous systems. It's a slightly bigger DVD disc," Houser told 1up.

The hard drive issue is also another problem Rockstar sees with the Xbox 360, as not every Xbox 360 has a hard drive, which makes it very hard for Rockstar to implement HDD features into the X360 game. Continuing on the subject of limited disc space, Houser states, "the 360 is going to have to get 'round this issue we're talking about...hopefully, they're going to adopt one of those in the next year or so, because it's going to become more of an issue. If we're filling up the disc right now, where are we going? It's not like our games are going to get any smaller."

Source:

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/2966.html

Sunrise Driver

somebodies butthurt

"When outta arguments than claim butthurt".

But yes butthurt every time I read your bulls**t. Instead of posting crap go to Wiki and look through R* release history.

P.S. Nothing to say about RDRevolver and GTASA, he? I mean other than "butthurt".

Edited by Street Mix

PowerKracker

Well, there's also that Wii U release rumor, and Wii U has Nintendo's version of the Blu-Ray.

But I doubt that it won't come out on Xbox 360.

Problemses?

somebodies butthurt

"When outta arguments than claim butthurt".

But yes butthurt every time I read your bulls**t. Instead of posting crap go to Wiki and look through R* release history.

P.S. Nothing to say about RDRevolver and GTASA, he? I mean other than "butthurt".

Here's the thing kid.

Games were cheap as crap back then. Nowadays, games cost way more to make. In turn, that makes piracy that much more of an issue. I seriously doubt if Rockstar would give two ****s about somebody pirating SA on PC now. Somebody pirating GTA V or RDR on the other hand?

At least I don't start crying and flaming everyone when somebody says GTA V might not come to the 360.

Edited by rodneythesavior

Also it is MUCH easier to pirate PC games these days with the rise of faster connections. Ten or twelve years ago you had to wait ages to download a pirate copy. Now, you can download it in a much shorter time. Suppose V comes out and gets (for argument's sake) 1,000,000 pirated downloads? That's up to a million lost sales, yet it sells 100 million (inclusive of pirates who both pirated AND bought the game), that's still a lot of money lost that R*/T2 won't see from sales on PC alone. Now factor in console piracy (if you don't think console games are pirated, quick search on some questionable sites...PS3/X360 games are up there)

EDIT: Also, the PS3 seems to be the more proactive console about piracy with updates to the firmware that don't let you go online. I'm not that knowledgable about X360, but do MS ban you for playing pirated games, or is that simply just a rumor that got out of hand? Like I said, I've no knowledge of what MS do/don't do.

Edited by Celticfang

Sunrise Driver

Nowadays, games cost way more to make.

So Max Payne 3 PC will be recouped and GTA V PC won't? Cause R* you know...is making MP3 for PC.

BTW GTA 4 cost more than RDR but it is on PC. Paradox?

In turn, that makes piracy that much more of an issue.

Piracy argument is sooo 2002.

Edited by Street Mix

So in your argument in your first post, you think that GTAV will be a Ps3 exclusive. Yet in the description under the Title of the thread, you put "A very impossible scenario".

You are contradicting yourself dozingoff.gif

Nowadays, games cost way more to make.

So Max Payne 3 PC will be recouped and GTA V PC won't? Amazing logic....BTW GTA 4 cost more than RDR but it is on PC. Paradox?

In turn, that makes piracy that much more of an issue.

Piracy argument is sooo 2002.

still cryin'

I'm sorry I offended you so bad, If I warm up some similac will you calm down, and go down for your nap?

Nope, piracy argument is very, very 2012 and relavent.

For instance. Bohemia Interaractive stated in November of 2011, that for ARMA II (which cost less than GTAIV, a LOT less and is on Steam, the same as IV is) that...

"Our statistics from multiplayer show that for every three legitimate buyers playing their game in multiplayer, there are 100 (failed) attempts to play with a pirated version," Bohemia's CEO Marek Španěl told PC Gamer.

Bear in mind that's a PC exclusive company, who rely almost completely on sales of their franchises.

Now do you think the piracy argument is silly? It happens. I'm a member of a forum and the top posts on it every week are pirate X360 games, without fail.

Edited by Celticfang

Sunrise Driver

If piracy is a so serious issue and if it's not worth making PC versions then why R* is making MP3 for PC? Why all these BioShock 3, AC3, Syndicate, Alan Wake, Sleeping Dogs, Far Cry 3, Risen 2, ME3, Diablo 3 etc. are or gonna be on PC? Even new Ridge Racer is on PC.

Bohemia is crying but their ARMA 3 is still PC exclusive.

still cryin'

Yeah sure, asking why by your logic MP3 is coming to PC anyway is crying now. I thought people from USA know english.

Yeah sure, asking why by your logic MP3 is coming to PC anyway is crying now. I thought people from USA know english.

I'm fairly certain I already answered your question. Look harder buddy.

Sunrise Driver

No you didn't.

No you didn't.

Not directly, but if you're going to insult my interpretation skills, I would assume yours should be better.

L.A. Noire came to PC, but that was only because it sold poorly.

Max Payne 3 is not expected to sell as well as other R* games, that is why it's being released on PS3. Piracy isn't an issue in this case, as releasing for PC is a way of boosting profits in any way possible (say 500,000 copies are sold for PC and 500,000 are pirated that's still 3,000,000$ R* wouldn't have if they didn't release it on PC)

GTA V is not in this situation. It is guaranteed to sell. They don't need PC.

You done whining now? Cause I'm done explaining sh*t to you.

SGT. Johnson

No you didn't.

Stop the bitch fight already you two! How embarrassing... sneaky2.gif

I don't like X360, but all platforms/consoles should have all games. Instead of doing console wars, be friends. f*ck exclusives and let everyone play. The end.

I don't like X360, but all platforms/consoles should have all games. Instead of doing console wars, be friends. f*ck exclusives and let everyone play. The end.

Then was the first part of your post really necessary? moto_whistle.gif

Disc size seems to be a large argument.

On the PC it needed two DVDs

But the Xbox only one?

They managed to fit 10GB of GTA IV into a 7GB DVD-DL

"Let's go, let's bounce baby! An' When I say bounce I don't mean bouncing literally I just mean..."

"I know what it means Yusuf."

"It's a term from the street meaning you have to walk, but if you don't get that it's a bit like rolling. You have to roll, not like a fat man rolling, it means actually just walk."

"Can we just go?"

Let me try to make this simple:

• The only reason any given console manufacturer would want an exclusivity deal of any kind is to make you buy their console.
  • The install base of the two existing major consoles is already huge. In other words you have already bought their consoles. A lot of you have BOTH already.
  • However, arranging exclusivity deals for a NEW console is a more sensible business plan.
  • They invest money in exclusivity deals to make money on new products sold.
  • So the manufacturers pays the software vendor for an exclusivity deal in order make people buy their console.
  • The software vendor's income from reduced sales would subsidised by such a deal.
  • So GTA:V would NOT be exclusive for one of the existing platforms. But it could potentially be exclusive for one of the next gen consoles.
But before you all panic.
  • There's a good chance that GTA:V is only being developed for current gen consoles because the next gen consoles might arrive far too late for GTA:V.
  • With an expected potential $1billion+ turnover from GTA:V, Sony or Microsoft would have to pay a lot of money to Rockstar to make it worth their while. Probably far too much to make such a deal financially viable.

LOL !!!

Do you think Rockstar announce GTA V With no info for along time

just to say later its PS3 exclusive ??????

Dude WTF !!! Think people think

G1T

short answer, hell no.

why would Rockstar miss out on millions upon millions of sales making GTA V a PS3 exclusive? dumbest theory ever.

Paper Mario
short answer, hell no.

why would Rockstar miss out on millions upon millions of sales making GTA V a PS3 exclusive? dumbest theory ever.

This.

It's more likely to be a PS4 or X720 excusive. Like it or not, exclusive deals aren't going away.

Just be glad R* don't use real cars. Imagine instead of a Turismo, they used a Ferrari 458, they couldn't release it on the X360 this year thanks to an exclusive deal with MS

I hear alot of people talking about disk size an all that and that was an issue in the past the past, but now that microsoft has no cap limits on their downloads, many developers are trying different things to accomadate the 360's lag of disk space.

Heres one: optional graphics pack, what this meens is that rockstar could released the game compressed on xbox with low textures, but have an optional texture enhancment download. This was implemented in battlefield 3 and worked very seemlessly and effectivly and I think that if R* runs out of space on the disk, I think this would be the best approch.

Sunrise Driver

Max Payne 3 is not expected to sell as well as other R* games, that is why it's being released on PS3.

Wat. X360 fanboyism all the way.

Piracy isn't an issue in this case, as releasing for PC is a way of boosting profits in any way possible (say 500,000 copies are sold for PC and 500,000 are pirated that's still 3,000,000$ R* wouldn't have if they didn't release it on PC)

Wat.

GTA V is not in this situation. It is guaranteed to sell. They don't need PC.

Like they didn't need PC with GTA IV, EFLC and LA Noire. GTFO fanboi. dozingoff.gif I'm done.

I'm always laughing at fanbois like you when another R* game is coming to PC. Every time they have some new idiotic causes of the game not to be on PC.

Pathetic financial and gaming analysts...

Edited by Street Mix