HELITOURS? how do i get them?

synchro_w

ok, i've searched these forums but haven't come up with anything other than threads with the word 'helitour' in it. i just want to know at what point can i go to the helitours pad and go on a helitour. i've done 10 brucie kibbuts heli rides but they're not the same. there are 4 [ i think] helitours.

i'm 75.68% thru the game, have 100% mission progress on everyone except roman, jimmy and bell. 93 pidgeons left to kill, 1 phonecall assassin mission done, 11 stunt jumps completed,bike wheelie over 650feet, 4 races won, 14 random characters met, 32 cars sold to steveie, 10 exotic exports,9 brucie boat rides, 10 brucie chopper rides, 12 bridges flown under [i just can't find those last 2], 6 vigilante done, 0 most wanted, on 100% like/respect with almost all characters [94% with dwayne]

am on 'payback' mission , chapter 3, running on xbox360.

being this far into the game i'm sure i should be able to access the helitours. perhaps it is because i have stolen helitours choppers before?

but if it's not, can anyone tell me how do i go on a helitour? do use the phone or internet?

thnx

darr

StonersDarkness

the helitours are in Algonquin, towards the bottom of the map, on the right... there should be an icon down there that says helitours

Jasper Petrol

The Sightseer (Helitours) and Under the Radar (Flying under bridges) are archievement trophies through Rockstar Social Club - not part of the games 100% stat

If you've stolen a Helitours Maverick in the past you've found them already! Instead of stealing them take the tour. Do this with all five to get the Sightseer trophy icon14.gif

100% Checklist

Achievements

Edited by Jasper Petrol

The Sightseer (Helitours) and Under the Radar (Flying under bridges) are archievement trophies through Rockstar Social Club - not part of the games 100% stat

If you've stolen a Helitours Maverick in the past you've found them already! Instead of stealing them take the tour. Do this with all five to get the Sightseer trophy icon14.gif

100% Checklist

Achievements

aye, i've nicked loadsa them from the helitours pad. but what i specifically need to know is HOW to take a tour.

HOW DO I TAKE A HELITOUR? cos every time i go there these days there are no choppers there.

but, i'm guessing you're saying taking a helitour ride is as simple as just walking up to a chopper and holding 'Y' in the same way as getting a taxi, right? last time i tried that i just ended up pinching the chopper.

i know loadsa places were there are choppers [good ones in westdyke homes].

just so you understand, i don't want to steal one. i want the helitours rides cos it's listed in my achievements.

as for flying under the bridges? i have flown around for hours under every conceivable bridge i can find but have only found 12. possibly youtube will have the areas needed to fly under? i can only find 12 on the large map you get with the game. i actually wasted 6 hours of my life trying to find bridges 13 and 14 to fly under. i dunno. i know i'm not that good but, it just gets a little frustrating sometimes.

thnx anyway guys

This fourteen bridge business has also given me a couple of minutes of grinding my teeth. When you trigger the first "under the radar" bridge mission (in my case on PC) ALL of the bridges briefly show up on your map as trophy icons, and if you are quick enough on the pause screen you can see where they are ... but in my case and in the case of many people, no matter how many times you fly under ALL of the bridges (MUST be a bridge which goes over some body of water - including the ones at the docks in Alderney) I fail to get ALL of the achievements. I've come to the conclusion that there is some sort of bug in operation here because I've threaded my way through the smallest, lowest spots, and literally begun at the Alderney bridges to get them out of the way, only to fail - repeatedly. The bridges are:

Plumbers Skyway (west), Alderney (canal)

Plumbers Skyway (east), Alderney (canal)

Tinderbox Avenue (disused iron bridge), Alderney (canal)

Mandrel Road (very low road bridge), Alderney (canal)

Hickey Bridge (road), Alderney (over West River)

Broker Bridge (road), Algonquin/Broker (over East River)

Algonquin Bridge (road/rail), Algonquin, Broker (over East River)

Leaper's Bridge (road), Algonquin (over East River)

East Borough Bridge [east] (road), Broker (over East River)

East Borough Bridge [west] (road), Algonquin (over East River)

East Borough Bridge [north] (road), Bohan (over East River)

Dukes Bay Bridge (road), Dukes/Bohan, Dukes Bay

Northwood Heights (road) Bohan/Algonquin (over East River)

Northwood Heights (rail) Bohan/Algonquin (over East River)

Map here: http://gta-ivplayer.deviantart.com/#/d4ro9s3

Edited by Karjerker

Just tap the button like you do when you steal a car.

If you hold it like getting a taxi you'll steal it, it's weird like that.

This thirteen or fourteen bridge business has also given me a couple of minutes of grinding my teeth. When you trigger the first "under the radar" bridge mission (in my case on PC) ALL of the bridges briefly show up on your map as helicopter icons, and if you are quick enough on the pause screen you can see where they are ... but in my case and in the case of many people, no matter how many times you fly under ALL of the bridges (MUST be a bridge which goes over some body of water - including the ones at the docks in Alderney) I fail to get ALL of the achievements. I've come to the conclusion that there is some sort of bug in operation here because I've threaded my way through the smallest, lowest spots, and literally begun at the Alderney bridges to get them out of the way, only to fail - repeatedly.

so on the pc the bridges which must be flown under flash briefly?? i think i might try a new game and fly under a bridge then pause it and mark it on the large map i got with the game. there are lots of bridges that do not cross water, perhaps they're meant to be flown under??

btw, i'm on the xbox version.

thnx

Just tap the button like you do when you steal a car.

If you hold it like getting a taxi you'll steal it, it's weird like that.

i don't know whether you meant well but your tip didn't help. holding the yellow Y works exactly like a taxi. the only thing is, the tour is always the same , just a different pilot

edit:i've been on the same ride with 2 diff pilots but an old bigotted guy took me over the 1st island, and another guy took me somewhere else..er.. i thinkn. so, that's 3 diff rides. guess i have to just keep trying until all 4 rides have been done. at $150 a pop this is geting expensive

edit 2: HA HA HA!! i got the achievement!! 5g!! THAT'S RIGHT!! FIVE ACHIEVEMENT POINTS!

well, i spose i achieved it. DOHHHH!!

Edited by synchro_w

The helitours. Go and down to the helitours place on south east Algonquin and you should see multiple helicopters. Treat like a taxi and you get a tour. The tours leave at different times and from different places on the pad. Why you should be getting grief with this, I'm stumped as the GTA message isn't crime doesn't pay.

The bridges. One of the bridges in south Alderney - over the inlet - is a difficult bugger. It has a support in the middle, you fly one side and no reward, you fly the other side of the support and achievement recognised.

The helitours. Go and down to the helitours place on south east Algonquin and you should see multiple helicopters. Treat like a taxi and you get a tour. The tours leave at different times and from different places on the pad. Why you should be getting grief with this, I'm stumped as the GTA message isn't crime doesn't pay.

The bridges. One of the bridges in south Alderney - over the inlet - is a difficult bugger. It has a support in the middle, you fly one side and no reward, you fly the other side of the support and achievement recognised.

thnx m8 but i figured this out the other night. i was being told by someone to just hit the yellow button instead of hold and, tbh, i'd tried both and both ended up with me stealing the chopper. but i bought a new controller recently and that seems to have done the trick, i guess.

i mean, i figured 'why isn't this just like a taxi?' cos , basically, it is except you don't get to choose location so it should be hold 'y' button but it was just niko stealing the chopper.

thnx anyway

as for under the bridge? i have only found 12. so another one would be good but i'm still 1 short. i'm gonna try this again with a very early save cos i've heard that when you first fly under a bridge the locations of the places to fly under [would be nice if this had been added to gta4.net] appear briefly and pausing the game going into options/map would allow me to mark off the locations on the huge map i got with the game itself.

thnx m8!

user posted image

thnx @ uramet. it seems that bridge 14 was a bit tricky but i was sure i had flown under that. in fact i know i had but you have to fly over a certain point. the L shaped bit of water around the base of the road bridge at 14 and the achievement was done. i took pics with niko's camera but i don't know how to transport them from xbox to internet.

bridge 12 is just downright tricky. the choper is practically in the water wo some very nifty flying and gentle nudging on the controller [thank god i got a new one!! the old one wouldn't let me cross under that footbridge cos the sticks were just downright worn out].

i noticed that as soon as i flew under bridge 12 a message popped up saying 'one more bridge to go for the achievement' [or something like that] and briefly put a symbol on where that bridge was... as i've said, bridge 14. but, as i said, i flew under it and nothing happened until i flew precisely over the L shape of water around the bridge base nearer the acter industrial estate side then , da da!! 40G achievement!!

massive gasp of relief getting this one done!

thnx guys

EDIT: and as for the helitours question? well, my earlier post explains i did that, a poor quality controller wouldn't let me hold down yellow button without using a lot of pressure. i know taxis are used by holding yellow so i would use a lotta pressure but cos i wasn't sure w helitours i guess i just pressed and niko would always steal the bloody helitours chopper.

Edited by synchro_w