Big Game=BIG Story?

The_Majestic

Since this game is going to be BIG, could the storyline possibly be much longer then past games?

It could explain the multiple protagonist theory...You play as different characters all part of one interlocking story that takes place in this HUGE map...

I think that's a very possible theory no?

well heavy rain did part of it so maybe

What's Heavy Rain?

It's an EPIC game that I will never get to play because it's PS3 exclusive. sad.gif

Good point, because if it's that big, it might get a bit boring playing as just the one person!?

Exactly

walkingsickness

I think the question is can PS3/Xbox 360 handle the Memory RAM for such a HUGE game

with so many missions and extra characters. Manily it will be DLC

and that would work out better for R* kuz they can turn a $59.95 game to a $110 with

3 or so DLC to charge extra

What's Heavy Rain?

It's an EPIC game that I will never get to play because it's PS3 exclusive. sad.gif

It's not that epic either.

Well unless taking onscreen commands for 10 hours is epic.

Every GTA game for me had a big enought story , so i don't realy think adding 50 or 100 moore missions will be sucesfull thing , if thoes missions include someone driving around the city or shoot some bad guys here and then .

eh the entire map is streamed in as you play... ram limitation is not a problem, the only problem I can see is streaming all the data in fast, especially when travelling in a jet.

What's Heavy Rain?

It was very epic, the only thing i didn't like was the length of the story I could simply finish it in one day!

And BTW did you even play the game? It wasn't necessarily one big QTE, they were mainly for the action sequences and they made it work very well!

What's Heavy Rain?

Same here.

user posted image

EDIT: Sorry for the big image, I didn't know it was that huge.

Since this game is going to be BIG, could the storyline possibly be much longer then past games?

It could explain the multiple protagonist theory...You play as different characters all part of one interlocking story that takes place in this HUGE map...

May be could be a long tale but personally I don't get GTA stories that interesting when I poop deep into the skin of the concept. Only Gameplay is what's important to me. It's a GTA and not a Max Payne game where both is handled well.

So, I don't give a sh*t to how long or short the story is presented in V.

eh the entire map is streamed in as you play... ram limitation is not a problem, the only problem I can see is streaming all the data in fast, especially when travelling in a jet.

First thing I'm gonna do when I get my butt in the jet plane is fly it at full speed over the desert about 2 feet off the ground smile.gif We will see if the landscape streaming can keep up with that...

The GTA V trailer might show one persons view of the game- maybe in following trailers there will be other people's view, showing all multiple characters Edited by TinTinn

"...And once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

for there you have been, and there you long to return..." - Leonardo da Vinci

What's Heavy Rain?

Lucky i have a PS3.

MIKON8ERISBACK

I keep having to say this so many times. Serious compromises of in game content and features will need to be undertaken for the Xbox 360. I'm not trying to instigate console wars here, but Microsoft did make the mistake of betting on the success of an old format with serious limitations and utilitarian purposes (DVD-DATA), and a failed format which was never mainstreamed in its three year lifespan (HD-DVD).

• 4 months later...

What's Heavy Rain?

It was very epic, the only thing i didn't like was the length of the story I could simply finish it in one day!

And BTW did you even play the game? It wasn't necessarily one big QTE, they were mainly for the action sequences and they made it work very well!

Come on, who you trying to kid, the only time your not doing QTE stuff is when your walking, sorry, clumsily bumbleing around looking at the environment.

Yes I did play it.

i am an onion

What's Heavy Rain?

Come on, who you trying to kid, the only time your not doing QTE stuff is when your walking, sorry, clumsily bumbleing around looking at the environment.

Yes I did play it.

It still has one of the best stories in videogames.

NotoriousKiller

I am still kinda unsure that they would let you pick which character you want but maybe you start as one of them and its like that for most of the game but then all the characetrs get interconnected and you have flashbacks on what they did?

The story will be around normal length hopefully a bit shorter. However the amount of side missions and activities are going to be huge!

Think about it having a shorter story (75 missions) leads to a higher completion rate which R* will surely appreciate, while using some of the resources that would have usually went into making the 15-25 extra missions can be applied to making more varied and interesting side missions and end game content so the players that want more will be satisfied aswell .

Revolution-XW
Wait till gayme cums out.

Haha you funny bro.

facedesk.gif

OT: Imagine this is one of the reasons Rockstar is taking so long, Imagine they are actually taking away some of the contents in the game because there wont me enough space for the consoles to handle.

I really don't worry about this on my PS3.

However, I hope they don't add more than one protag in the same game, or more than 2 characters playable. Unless they come apart as in DLCs.

Sorry to be a bit snobby here ,but Who said anything about (multiple protagonists) ? biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

NotoriousKiller
Sorry to be a bit snobby here ,but Who said anything about (multiple protagonists) ? biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

OP

• 1 month later...

Sure why not but I'd rather you choose at the title screen who you want to play as and play there story with only a few missions that intertwine. Like EFLC. I don't want to be forced to play as a character as this kills immersion and character progression to me.

If we can choose again Three protagonists would be the absolute max but I'd prefer 2 each with a story the same length as any GTA game.

It's certainly a possibility given how long it's taking R* to make the game and the fact that it's there biggest game to date.