ticket system and being pulled over by the police

SgtMaadadi

So Again playing Mafia II i noticed something that might be Very useful in Gta V

i'am sure in Gta IV many many times you have maybe hit a police not on pourpous and then you get the one star wanted level and on

your escape you hit a pedestrian and it becomes two and one thing to another your now the city most wanted criminal -.-

well why not a ticket instead ???

pull over the cops comes to you gives a warning and a fine you pay and than everything is gone

also there should be speed limits in the city like you're going 100Mph Downtown and Police are not giving a single f*ck , maybe the limit

in the city should be around 50-60 miles (80-100 Kmh)

in the freeway however the limit should be (around 100-140 Mph)

now i'am not saying that you should always do 50 in the city and 140 in the freeway , you can speed in the city as you like

but just make sure not to be seen by a police , and if it did

same thing you pull over , pay a ticket , and then you go in peace

ps : sorry for my poor grammar and English in general , so please don't comment on it

Naw, I think the police should continue to be unreasonable and retarded, especially since its set in LA

Lol, true. Just like the cops in Liberty City. I live in New York and they are the same way, unreasonable and retarded!

You Win.

I'm done.

Aren't the cops in la really corrupt… if so then iv way is probably fine. Not to say it can't be improved though.

Aren't the cops in la really corrupt… if so then iv way is probably fine. Not to say it can't be improved though.

Cops in the gta universe are corrupt and over the top, period. The minute you give them any kind of sensibility is the minute you ruin the game

nah some dude called Carl CJ Jonsson, he killed some korrupt cop named Tennpenny i think. after that n there havent been any korruption cryani.gif

for other Ai ?yes, for the chracters we control? that would be retarded am glad R* doesnt put what every thing single fans want cuz otherwise we'll get alot of garbage like this dozingoff.gif

Getting a speeding ticket? I can get enough of them in real life thanks..

Sounds like a sims game to me, therefore a crap idea.

Id rather drive how I want, driving down the pavement mowing through crowd's of people is what it's about - it's GTA afterall.

John The Grudge

In Mafia II you don't have to stop and get a ticket. If you hit a police car though it's often less hassle to just pull over and pay a fine. There doesn't have to be speed limits though. It would still be a handy feature.

This idea is up there with having to get gas for your cars. Its like people don't want to enjoy video games anymore. They want them to be tedious and boring.

John The Grudge
This idea is up there with having to get gas for your cars. Its like people don't want to enjoy video games anymore. They want them to be tedious and boring.

I think you may be missing the point. In GTA if you ding a cop car slightly by accident it results in the cop declaring total war on you. Just getting a fine and be on your way for such minor offenses would be a much better idea.

Speed limits wouldn't work for GTA I agree though it works well enough in Mafia II. Just outrun them.

I think you may be missing the point. In GTA if you ding a cop car slightly by accident it results in the cop declaring total war on you. Just getting a fine and be on your way for such minor offenses would be a much better idea.

Speed limits wouldn't work for GTA I agree though it works well enough in Mafia II. Just outrun them.

No, I get the point. I just outrun cops regardless of my wanted level. Like sh*t why not have a lawyer system then? You get between 2 and 4 stars and you can hire an expensive lawyer to keep you out of jail... Lame

John The Grudge

No, I get the point. I just outrun cops regardless of my wanted level. Like sh*t why not have a lawyer system then? You get between 2 and 4 stars and you can hire an expensive lawyer to keep you out of jail... Lame

It's not for realism, it's so you don't get shot at by the police for just nudging their car. It would be nice if the option was there to stop and get a fine so you can just carry on with what you were doing. If you don't want to though you can just speed off. No big deal.

It's not for realism, it's so you don't get shot at by the police for just nudging their car. It would be nice if the option was there to stop and get a fine so you can just carry on with what you were doing. If you don't want to though you can just speed off. No big deal.

Or R* can just alter their code so cops don't over react to a car nudge unless your car is above a certain speed. But I guess that option went over everyone's heads.

No point in a ticketing system. It's so easy to lose a one star wanted level, I really don't understand why people complain about it.

The imagination in this thread is truly depressing (everyone against the idea).

YES, but make it an option!

Because we think the idea is bad it means we have no imagination? Cool conclusion bro. Coming up with bad ideas doesn't mean you have a good imagination. This is f*cking Grand Theft Auto... not Good Driving Fine Paying Citizen. Fine add the f*cking option to pay a fine from police. Then when they pull you over and ask for license and registration and see that the car is stolen, since this is GRAND THEFT AUTO you get thrown in jail. Its not about having no imagination. Its about people coming up with f*cking stupid ideas.

Or R* can just alter their code so cops don't over react to a car nudge unless your car is above a certain speed. But I guess that option went over everyone's heads.

Stop doing the quoteception thing, people!

Also, in IV if you are hitting the brakes when you hit the cops slow enough, you don't get a wanted level.

No need for a speeding ticket, no chance.

Maybe something is going to be tied in here with the real number plates on cars though? We'll have to wait and see i guess. Something the police will use against us, or at least in a few missions.

Because we think the idea is bad it means we have no imagination? Cool conclusion bro. Coming up with bad ideas doesn't mean you have a good imagination. This is f*cking Grand Theft Auto... not Good Driving Fine Paying Citizen. Fine add the f*cking option to pay a fine from police. Then when they pull you over and ask for license and registration and see that the car is stolen, since this is GRAND THEFT AUTO you get thrown in jail. Its not about having no imagination. Its about people coming up with f*cking stupid ideas.

Funny how you immediately jumped to that conclusion. Why would it not be a good idea? How is it a bad one? Argue about something before you go bashing it.

IMO, it is much better than getting busted for a minor crime. Who said that it has to "by the book" realistic? Haven't you noticed that once we steal a car for the first time, it becomes ours? Who's to say we have to get busted? R* can program it so that we get a ticket; no license no registration. R* can do whatever they want, it does not necessarily have to be "to the teeh" realistic. This idea sounds good to me and a lot of other people would think so too. Most people do like to drive corectly and obey the laws of the road. If you are going to just run from the police anyway, why are you arguing? This doesn't affect you then.

Funny how you immediately jumped to that conclusion. Why would it not be a good idea? How is it a bad one? Argue about something before you go bashing it.

IMO, it is much better than getting busted for a minor crime. Who said that it has to "by the book" realistic? Haven't you noticed that once we steal a car for the first time, it becomes ours? Who's to say we have to get busted? R* can program it so that we get a ticket; no license no registration. R* can do whatever they want, it does not necessarily have to be "to the teeh" realistic. This idea sounds good to me and a lot of other people would think so too. Most people do like to drive corectly and obey the laws of the road. If you are going to just run from the police anyway, why are you arguing? This doesn't affect you then.

I'm arguing because I have an opinion on the subject. Including this opens Pandora's box of minor violations that would then be justified to have in the game. Its, IMO, a bad idea because I think it's a waste of development time and money. Then a whole ticketing system can be added for; busted tail lights, broken wind shields, etc. etc.

This aint Mafia I and II. GTA should stick to GTA. The only thing that was a big improvement was the graphics the cover and the wanted system from scarface. If i was playing V with having traffic tickets i wouldnt bother stopping. But personally, nah. I know R* are doing realism but i hope they dont make it TOO much realism.

SmoothGetaway

I pull over my car when stopped by the police in reality.

Why the hell would I want to do it in a GAME? Hell no, I'm mashing on the gas pedal biiiiiiaatch.

If they included this feature then i hope they will make it like Midnight Club: Los Angeles where you can choose not to pull over and the cops will chase you instead!

SmoothGetaway

I'm arguing because I have an opinion on the subject. Including this opens Pandora's box of minor violations that would then be justified to have in the game. Its, IMO, a bad idea because I think it's a waste of development time and money. Then a whole ticketing system can be added for; busted tail lights, broken wind shields, etc. etc.

I agree with Hayze. I don't see how any of that could be FUN at all. Because thats why I play GTA.

It's insane I know but...try and understand thats just how my head works.

The speed limit/governor thing in Mafia II was a joke and it was pure annoyance.

Even if the cops saw you, you could still get away quicker than in GTA IV.

If Rockstar can figure out away to have a speed limit only when in the vicinity of cops, that could work (ala MCLA), but other than that, keep the game the way it's been since 1997.

Speeding by or around cops = no f*cks given.

If they included this feature then i hope they will make it like Midnight Club: Los Angeles where you can choose not to pull over and the cops will chase you instead!

The system on MC:LA worked well. You could pull over if you want, and pay a fine or speed off at the last minute. That always amused me. lol.gif

People i DID NOT say you HAVE to f*cking stop !! if you want to smash the pedal than do it who's stopping you ???

i'am just saying for the people who are willing to save the trouble going up in Starts when hitting a police

have a way to correct the mistake in a fast and east way

damn you people are such casual gamers !!!

+ i gave 2 ideas one for the speeding ticket witch you guys hate well f*ck that anyway

but the bump the police car and get a ticket instead of a star is realy usefull !

maybe you are in a Car Delivery and you dont want to scratch it .. or like the mession "Rigged To Blow" From Gta IV

if you touch a police car they will hit you and then you have to do the mission all over again

see my point ?

.......... How can you argue against this? All that would be changed is that the 1 star level wouldnt bust you and take all your weapons, instead itd give you the chance to submit ( just a small portion of cash ) and give up 5 seconds of your time, as opposed to being shot to death for a committing an honestly accidental fender bender on a cop car, or responding to a civilian after they throw a punch... yeah a 1 star can be easily outrun, but sometimes itd be nice to not have to leave the immediate area in case you have an objective to fulfill..