NPC Conversations

Slamman

I'm taking an opinion poll on in-game conversations that take place driving with NPC characters from location to location, in Red Dead Redemption the same problem has arisen, that is that you get to a mission-set point before a conversation script ends. Timing is key on this since GTA San An version 1, from what I clearly remember.

This is something of a Wish List subject, but is still a gaming-construct problem for Rockstar. Weigh in on this here....

I think I understand what your saying when driving with someone and the conversation just ends at the marker position. It has been a problem and really does bug me alot too.

Yes, for those who are not familiar with the situation, in RDR it's hampered by holding down your gallop button to keep up with the NPCs on horseback, the longer it takes, however, the more conversation you hear, but it barely makes some of the time frames allotted

Also happens while you're given the decision about kill or spare someone, though before long, their lines repeat

Easy Solution: Slow down while driving, now you will hear the FULL conversation before you get to the "Marker"

That would be the easiest way to fix the proble, but who the hell drives around slow in GTA...

Easy Solution: Slow down while driving, now you will hear the FULL conversation before you get to the "Marker"

That would be the easiest way to fix the proble, but who the hell drives around slow in GTA...

now you're just being whiny.

you wanna hear the whole conversation, yet you want to get to the marker as fast as possible. make a decision, jeez.

If I want to hear the whole thing I normally stop just before the marker and as soon as they're done, I drive forward.

I never found this a problem in GTA IV, because you could just drive slowly and let the conversations play out. In RDR it was more of a problem, as the other characters would always move at a set speed, and the only way to trigger the conversations was to ride alongside them.

Yea i know that annoys me too. It needs to be fixed!

How can they fix it??? If The FULL conversation is supposed to take 2-3 minutes and you drived really fast and got to the marker in less than a minute! You wont hear the other 2 minutes remaining.. Ithe only way to fix it is to make the conversations SHORTER! which is a bad move tbh, You just have to drive slower to be able to hear the full conversation before getting to the "marker"

They make the conversations brief enough so that you'll [most of the time] hear the entire conversation and get to the marker based on predicting your speed and distance towards the objective. However, I do believe they should do it a bit more accurately.

normally I stop right before the marker, hear the rest of the conversation and move onto the marker. I just hate when you're near the area you're suppose to go to and it cuts into a cutscene mid conversation mad.gif

They do seem to time it just about right... sometimes. But I do remember one time I had to restart a mission before because I accidentally skipped some dialogue and BANG the characters were talking about something completely different... suicidal.gif

If I want to hear the whole thing I normally stop just before the marker and as soon as they're done, I drive forward.

That is exactly what I do. Its fine. We are just efficient wheelmen smile.gif

Another key thing someone mentioned is positive and negative responses, in peds responding to you from the original San An, it was a very welcome feature, and expounding on that should be something we'll see.

I disagree with stopping before a mission marker, this is fine because it's instinctual, however, the problem is you can't tell if there IS further conversation between characters, ADD to this issue another set of conversations that take place on mission fail/retry attempts!

Edited by Slamman

SGT. Johnson
I think I understand what your saying when driving with someone and the conversation just ends at the marker position. It has been a problem and really does bug me alot too.

The opposite occurs as well sometimes, with the protagonist and pasenger finishing their conversation BEFORE reaching the mission marker, thus creating an awkward silence the rst of the way.