Can GTA IV use this Graphic Card

Fantaseb

Hello just wondering, can GTA IV play using this card?

"vga Nvidia Geforce GT 520 1GB DDR3 Memory Pci-e HDMI Gaming Pc Graphics Card"

Cause I don't wanna be buying something which I wont and BTW i am from the UK and I want a cheap Graphic Card

Hi :)

Tell us the specs for the rest of your system

I don't really know I am just looking about, and I am considering this Motherboard,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Asus-M5A78L-M-USB3-AMD-760G-AM3-mATX-Pc-Motherboard-/120779902804?pt=UK_Motherboards_CPUs&hash=item1c1f0b0f54

But I am not sure, I need help with this, as my computer before this was a Alien and I sold that, and wanna build my own PC

Hi :)

Yankees, he hasn't built it yet, I think!

The cheapest option to buy something off ebay. Try entering "gaming pc". We can point you to something suitable. I think that the GT 520 is a bit too weak for this game.

This is not a bad choice, though I would prefer an intel cpu.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AMD-PHENOM-2-8GH...=item35b9bbdb0d

Edited by luceberg

YankeesPwnMets

Oh, I thought he was just upgrading. He was just asking for a graphics card so I assumed that he just wanted to upgrade his current system. Silly me.

Do you know how to build a PC yourself? If not, look for something along the lines of an Core i3 2100, 4GB of RAM and a GTX 460/560

GT520 is a very weak card, I don't think this piece of crap is capable of anything more than low details.

74cXSsx.png

GT520 is a very weak card, I don't think this piece of crap is capable of anything more than low details.

It's somewhat of a rebranded GT 220 right?

I had a GT 220 before this card and I could play at medium (1 or 2 high) settings at 1280x1024, though at 20-30 fps.

That said, keep in mind I had a C2Q 2.5 GHz back then wink.gif

SyphonPayne

Download this: http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

Click the Validate button, and then use the online method by giving them your email. Check your email for the link they give you and post that link here.

user posted image

Is that your CPU-Z? 1.5 volts?? *shudders* I don't guess you plan on keeping that processor long? D1 stepping early sample too? I doubt that that's yours.

YankeesPwnMets

For some reason when I recorded this, CPU Z was detecting some things properly, so a couple of those items were wrong (forgot which). What I do remember is that the voltage was there because I was just experimenting how hard I could push the i7. Eventually, I lowered the voltage down to 1.4 and bought the clocks down from 5.12 to 4.7

A BIOS update fixed this... somehow....

GT520 is a weak card, which some members already pointed out. Aim for the GTX-series if you're a nVidia fan, or if you're an AMD fan, go for the HD 6900-series or higher. The 6870 is not bad, but there's not a huge difference in price between the 6870 and the 6950. smile.gif

i think you wanted to show how high the 2600k can go. im not hating though.

SyphonPayne

Personally I'm not comfortable with going over 1.35V on my 2600K. Everyone has their own limits though.

Good to know, since of course, unwanted cards are cheap, affordable, and I would think a modern card would run GTA, since cards from 2007 also run the game

my old pc was a AMD athlon 64 PC, with a 250MB card and it ran perfect on low settings.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

256MB is likely going to be old graphics RAM though, and remember GTA IV and Episodes appear to have different GPU demands, since mine crawls slower then San An did on questionable hardware, I have to set everything low, with an 8 series nVidia, to me that's indication of some problems on Rockstar's end, not ours!

256MB is likely going to be old graphics RAM though, and remember GTA IV and Episodes appear to have different GPU demands, since mine crawls slower then San An did on questionable hardware, I have to set everything low, with an 8 series nVidia, to me that's indication of some problems on Rockstar's end, not ours!

Do you play GTA 4 with a GeForce 8xxx at low? I remember that my old 8800GTS could do GTA 4 with mixed medium to high! But that was only at 1440x900 tounge.gif

Slamman has 8600GT, which is far behind the 8800GTS. wink.gif

74cXSsx.png

Slamman has 8600GT, which is far behind the 8800GTS. wink.gif

That explains the situation smile.gif

The 8800GTS, wasn't that some sort of high-end GPU at its time? Didn't have the knowledge about GPUs back in the days tounge.gif

Depends which GTS you mean, 512MB version or the 320/640MB. The former was almost the best GeForce 8 series GPU, second only to 8800GTX/Ultra.

74cXSsx.png