That Special Vibe

Death2Drugs

I know there was a topic about driving videos in L.A., but this is specifically to cover the Southern California vibe in this rendition of San Andreas.

We need that "Southern California" vibe. GTA: San Andreas' Los Santos didn't feel right because GTA: San Andreas only captured a very small area of Southern California. It didn't feel right at all. Midnight Club: LA and even True Crime: Streets of LA had much more of that vibe than SA Los Santos, but I can't blame R*. Los Santos was a very condensed version of L.A., and there was little they could do with such limited space, especially when putting it in a past setting.

I felt IV's Liberty City captured New York's vibe very well. The buildings, the traffic, the accent, the architecture, the everything. It all felt right. Now that we're switching coasts, we need that L.A. vibe. It has to be better than our previous LS. I want the feel of driving through a traffic-clogged highway in very sunny weather to see a lot of buildings shining and covering the skyline. I want the feel of seeing the obviously dry grass hills from a distance and then being on a very sandy beach with crystal clear water on a hot day. I want that vibe when driving through a ghetto, with a bunch of gang bangers hanging around 1 car listening to rap music and partying. I want the feel of driving through a peaceful suburb, with the birds chirping and the waving palm trees. It HAS to be like this.

For some help, here are some videos of driving through L.A.:

Interesting thread.

I would like to contribute.

Just imagine driving a Infernus in Beverly Hills or Vinewood.

ThEtRuThSANANDREAS69

Yes I totally agree with you. Bring that carefree california lifestyle to los santos

I guess it is kind of hard to imagine what their version of L.A. will look like. You would have to imagine IV's version of NY. Is that a good, accurate, and exciting re-imagining? I think L.A. will look better than our imaginations can, uh,... imagine.

interpolfan11

The "LA atmosphere" will be tough to capture without extensive traffic. Nonetheless, I have faith in R* and I'm sure they'll do a solid job.

The lighting in the trailer really gives off the bright, warm vibe LA is synonymous with. As others have said, the traffic volumes will be hard pressed to live up to the real thing.

My main association with LA is the gigantic wide roads. Six, ten, fourteen lanes in EACH direction. Sheer madness to an European.

InstantCClassic

I was doing the same thing a few weeks back. I'm kinda busy right now, but I'll help you out in a bit Death2Drugs.

BirthOfMayhem
I know there was a topic about driving videos in L.A., but this is specifically to cover the Southern California vibe in this rendition of San Andreas.

We need that "Southern California" vibe. GTA: San Andreas' Los Santos didn't feel right because GTA: San Andreas only captured a very small area of Southern California. It didn't feel right at all. Midnight Club: LA and even True Crime: Streets of LA had much more of that vibe than SA Los Santos, but I can't blame R*. Los Santos was a very condensed version of L.A., and there was little they could do with such limited space, especially when putting it in a past setting.

I felt IV's Liberty City captured New York's vibe very well. The buildings, the traffic, the accent, the architecture, the everything. It all felt right. Now that we're switching coasts, we need that L.A. vibe. It has to be better than our previous LS. I want the feel of driving through a traffic-clogged highway in very sunny weather to see a lot of buildings shining and covering the skyline. I want the feel of seeing the obviously dry grass hills from a distance and then being on a very sandy beach with crystal clear water on a hot day. I want that vibe when driving through a ghetto, with a bunch of gang bangers hanging around 1 car listening to rap music and partying. I want the feel of driving through a peaceful suburb, with the birds chirping and the waving palm trees. It HAS to be like this.

For some help, here are some videos of driving through L.A.:

I have to dissagree with you in saying that LC captured NYC's 'vibe'. The archatecture of the buildings was phenominal and made it liik like NyC, but the lack of peds and vehicles really took away from the overall feel. In comparison, while riving through star Junction in GTA IV, there is not even a fraction of peds and vehicles as there are in Times Square. I know it's a game,and there are memmory and lag issues, but it really was a minus for me. For GTA V to achive a SoCal vibe, R* needs to do things like make street lights flicker in theghetto, have more gangsters come out at night rather than day, have high speed chases on the highway, put tourists in tourist locations, have drunk people fight outside bars, have tonnes of people walking the streets in popular places such as Vinewood Blv and very little people walking the streets in resedential areas. We should see red carpet events with paparazzis, limos travelng down rich areas, and sh*tmobiles traveling down poor areas. In ghetto areas, have fights and drug related crime happen all the time with police constantly responding around the city.

Vice City and GTA3 also did very good jobs

Vice City was all right, since it was purely based on Miami-Dade County, but because AI wasn't advanced to the level it is now, it still felt a little dead.

GTA3 didn't intend to completely capture NY's vibe. Liberty City in GTA 3 was intended to be a generic American metropolis not really based specifically on any city (though Staunton Island was directly based on Manhattan).

Vice City and GTA3 also did very good jobs

Vice City was all right, since it was purely based on Miami-Dade County, but because AI wasn't advanced to the level it is now, it still felt a little dead.

GTA3 didn't intend to completely capture NY's vibe. Liberty City in GTA 3 was intended to be a generic American metropolis not really based specifically on any city (though Staunton Island was directly based on Manhattan).

I know, im just saying that GTA3 had a really really good atmosphere. And yeah it felt kind of dead, but the music, cars, ui, and diverse characters made it really atmospheric and felt like a really good view of the 80s with some scarface as intended.

This is not quite on the main topic, but maybe there will be a parody of In-N-Out Burger in GTA V, where there would be classic 50's, 60's, 70' muscle cars parked around it, waiting to be stolen.

http://theproductivityadvantage.files.word...835_485_700.jpg

http://shop.in-n-out.com/Collector-Shirts/3003/dept

Buen punto, pero la vibra de la California de hoy en dia es muy poca comparada a la de hace 20 años

I certainly have to agree to this post, but it would be hard to get the vibe these times, you know...

See no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil...

I LOST A FRIEND, MAY GOD REST YOUR SOUL, ZEE

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

user posted image

user posted image