Do you want/think the streets will be named?

NYC PATROL

So in GTA IV rockstar pain stakingly named every road in the game. So the question do you care if

rockstar does this again for V? I personally would love if they did it again, as much work as it might be it

adds a whole new level of immersion and believability. It's obvious V will be on a much larger scale than

IV(bigger map etc.). Then again the more I think about it, how hard could it be for them to create names for roads? It's nice

to see unique license plates have returned, so why not road names.

lol funny this video takes place in L.A. also.... 25 yrs ago though

Edited by NYC PATROL

Yes, but only if its on the in-game map, like in LA noire. In GTA IV I hated the fact they wen't to the effort of naming the streets, but they weren't on the in-game map.

off topic:

BTW are any other Aussies sick of this labour party politics crap?

It's very likely that they'll keep it as it would be very useful in Los Santos, but also telling the Taxi driver a street name would be better than saying "Hey take me there" or "Hey take me to that place".

I'm just assuming it's going to be a given from here on out. I like it so I would be happy to see it return, I also hope they will add the street names to the in game map as well. It was a bit of a hassle having to pull out the fold out map from the manual if I wanted to find a particular street.

Yes, but only if its on the in-game map, like in LA noire. In GTA IV I hated the fact they wen't to the effort of naming the streets, but they weren't on the in-game map.

This.

To be fair, I never really cared for the street names.

I appreciate that Rockstar went through the hassle, but I never found myself saying "SH*T, I NEED TO GO TO YELLOW AVE.", y'know?

I'd prefer unique license plates than street names, to be honest.

I hope so. It's really sad how Rockstar went through so much sh*t to make GTAIV such an incredibly detailed game, then dumb GTASA fanboys play it for five minutes and come to the conclusion it sucks because there's no dildo jetpacks that fire sasquatches with clown shoes.

thatstupidbug

i really don't care... the use of the GPS and the "skip the travel" option (in taxi) make the name of the streets pointless...

I hope so. It would be fun to be able to navigate my way across the game without using the HUD radar or the pause map.

off topic:

BTW are any other Aussies sick of this labour party politics crap?

Yes, I am.

The streets in Algonquin were named systematically to help you find your way round. They are ordered by the initial letter A-X from South to North and A-I East to West.

If they will use a similar naming system in parts of L.S. remains to be seen.

I hope so, i liked that in GTA IV it made Liberty City feel like a "REAL" city , and I'm sure R* will do the same with GTA V

The hard part was making the voice actor of the protagonist say all those different sentences with all the different names. When you get in a taxi in IV and he asks you "where to?" Niko always says the name of the street: "I want to go to uhh....Xenotime Street.", but it's always a different sentence, it's not like they just put the name at the end. If you think about it, it adds many, many more dialog lines. And they obviously had a problem with that since they didnt make the voice actors of the EFLC say all those different street names, they would just say the general area of where they want to go, for example: "Castle Gardens". So I'm guessing they will do something similar in V.

Idc what the names'll be called. Hollywood Blvd should be Vinewood Blvd. Venice Blvd should be Vespucci Blvd. Kinda like that. Whatever Santa Monica is gonna be called, replace it with Santa Monica Blvd. Know what I'm tryna say ?

Yes, I want funny names though, not random sh*t from the periodic table.

[supreme]

Why do you feel they must be funny? Should every street be named like Clown-o-rama Avenue or Fishdick Street?

For some reason, I cannot see R* scrapping/not including the feature that allows you to take a cab (as a passenger) to a certain place, so I do think that they will name every street in GTA V. It was a nice little touch in GTA IV and really was conducive to highlighting the amount of detail put into GTA IV, methinks.

caprisig.jpg

It'd be cool to see.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I think it'd be cool to see in which street you're driving like in Burnout Paradise.

But a little bit different.

Like it appears when you enter the street.

It'd be cool to see.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I think it'd be cool to see in which street you're driving like in Burnout Paradise.

But a little bit different.

Like it appears when you enter the street.

How is that different from what GTA IV had?

Well, I didn't play IV yet tounge.gif Edited by ThaBoY

Well, I didn't play IV yet tounge.gif

facedesk.gif

You're on a GTA V forum and haven't played IV yet? Worse yet, you play terrible games like Burnout Paradise and still haven't played IV... What the f*ck is wrong with you? You want an idea of what V will be like, go play IV and RDR! Best games this gen.

OT: There are many streets in L.A. that enjoy some fame (e.g., Hollywood, Sunset, Santa Monica, Mulholland Dr.). These should all be given appropriate spoof names (e.g., Vinewood, Sunrise, Santa Maria, Mullarkey Dr.). All other streets should be assigned random names based on specific themes (like in IV) or using numbered streets and avenues.

allhailkingryan

Nope, I think the game would take place in the country side only so there would be no streets. The city shown in the trailer is simply a backdrop.

SmoothGetaway

It was cool but like another poster said I never really thought in terms of street names I just drove based off landmarks.

Well, I didn't play IV yet tounge.gif

facedesk.gif

You're on a GTA V forum and haven't played IV yet? Worse yet, you play terrible games like Burnout Paradise and still haven't played IV... What the f*ck is wrong with you? You want an idea of what V will be like, go play IV and RDR! Best games this gen.

Who said I didn't play RDR.

And who says Burnout Paradise is terrible.

What the f*ck is wrong with YOU?

Just because Burnout Paradise is an EA game, doesn't make it a terrible game.

I hate such stupid R* fanboy stuff.

There're more great game developers.

Look at Volition.

They're making great and fun games.

But because of you R* fanboys, GTAF goes nuts by hearing the name Saints Row.

Or maybe you just can't drive and that's why you hate on Burnout.

Who knows wow.gif

Anyway,

What the f*ck is wrong with you?

There're more people who didn't play IV.

I don't give a sh*t about IV.

I don't even wanna play IV.

I only hear bad comments about IV from people I know.

f*ck IV.

So get the f*ck outa here.

Do something with your life, do something meanful.

And stop trying to be the big wise man on an online forum.

Yes, I want funny names though, not random sh*t from the periodic table.

[supreme]

Why do you feel they must be funny? Should every street be named like Clown-o-rama Avenue or Fishdick Street?

This. I don't want funny names like "Swinger Avenue" or "Twatter Street". Realistic names to make it feel like a real city.

I think that instead of names from the periodic table and stuff like that, streets should be named after their respective parodies.

For example, someone pointed out this:

Hollywood Blvd. = Vinewood Blvd.

Venice Blvd. = Vespucci Blvd.

Santa Monica Blvd. = Santa Maria Blvd.

Wilshire Blvd. = Wilson Blvd.

etc, etc, etc.