Interactive Websites!

Death2Drugs

GTA IV had a good feature: its own internet.

However, what was disappointing about the internet was the lack of interactivity. Very few websites could be interacted with, and mainly it was boring. Other than that, mainly it was Rockstar's corny humor.

I would like it if the websites in GTA V were much more interactive. For example, on "Fly High Pizza Pie" or "Pizza This", you should be able to order pizzas from it. On CrapList.net, you shouldn't just be able to date. You should be able to buy cars, perhaps property, etc. On AutoEroticar, you should be able to buy cars. Really, there was a lot of things you couldn't spend money on in IV. This would bring a fresh new start for the internet in V.

EDIT: A bunch of stuff could also be added. Online interactive games, possibly commenting, and maybe a chat room where you can chat with an AI robot in the game (yes, this stuff exists). Heck, remember the James Pedeaston Charity Fund? Imagine donating a bunch of money and the funny message you get!

Edited by Death2Drugs

Playing online games within a game, I hope I'm not the only one who thinks this is a pointless feature.. It should be last on the R* check-list of things to do.

Los Santos Pedestrian
maybe online games.

It'd be cool if that was how you access multiplayer, through an online game!

an internet game inside an internet game

INCEPTION

SoftimusPrime

I don't know about the rest of you, but the bios on the Myspace spoof site had me in tears, I found them so damn funny. I hope they have more things like that spoofing social network sites. Other than that, I agree it'd be really cool to be able to buy cars and stuff online. More interactivity is always a plus.

I don't know about the rest of you, but the bios on the Myspace spoof site had me in tears, I found them so damn funny.

Yes! Me too!

I say keep the social networking spoofs in it, but also have an access to Rockstars Social Club in it as well.

OP, yeah your ideas sound cool. I like the idea of ordering a pizza, being able to buy cars and guns - the TV in IV had a knife show - i SO wanted to buy a katana from it, and was disappointed you couldnt.

Same goes to the phone numbers posted around the city - i wanna phone them up and buy whatever they're selling.

But it would be cool - maybe they'll even incorperate Facebook, Twitter and youtube with the game, being able to visit them in the ingame internet.. (updating facebook for example).

Maybe a version of Ebay could be included - steal a car and sell it on there. maybe same with guns - sell guns for money.... i duno

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

087rqaU.pngVw81Z2a.pngxWvxZoT.png1fb6cYB.png

Click here to view my Poetry

thatstupidbug

maybe i'm an old, grumpy man, but i absolutely HATE this moder crap in GTA. in IV, they were so focused on this things (tv shows, internet, e-mails, even an "old" thing like the cellphone was annoying) that the criminal aspect sometimes is put in the background.

So, unless GTA V has a HUGE improvement in every aspect of the crime world (i want to do robbery like GTA VC/SA, i want to sell drugs and guns, build a criminal empire etc etc) plees keep facebook, twitter and company OUTSIDE the main game...don't FORCE me again to "meet people online" and "learn how to surf in internet" suicidal.gif

maybe i'm an old, grumpy man, but i absolutely HATE this moder crap in GTA. in IV, they were so focused on this things (tv shows, internet, e-mails, even an "old" thing like the cellphone was annoying) that the criminal aspect sometimes is put in the background.

So, unless GTA V has a HUGE improvement in every aspect of the crime world (i want to do robbery like GTA VC/SA, i want to sell drugs and guns, build a criminal empire etc etc) plees keep facebook, twitter and company OUTSIDE the main game...don't FORCE me again to "meet people online" and "learn how to surf in internet" suicidal.gif

Might i suggest you play LA Noire, or RDR then? GTA is set in modern times, so it will have modern thing in it.

And IV had the internet had one, two maybe three missions that "force" you to use the internet. 95% of the game is playable without touching the computer.

The phone's annoying too? Well i'm sorry for you then, but dont expect that to change. GTA parodies modern culture. That includes Facebook and twitter. That includes cell phones and internet. GTA III had a pager. VC had a cell phone. SA had a cell phone, so i dont get your greivance with it.

The internet and phone in IV really aren't that much in focus - the focus is the STORY.

Dont get me wrong though - robberies, selling drugs and guns, build a criminal empire... that sounds cool, but dont expect the internet to not be in the game, or feature in missions.

Just curious, how exactly old are you?

My dad is 50 and he's actively on Facebook chatting it up with his friends and family.

So, unless GTA V has a HUGE improvement in every aspect of the crime world (i want to do robbery like GTA VC/SA, i want to sell drugs and guns, build a criminal empire etc etc) plees keep facebook, twitter and company OUTSIDE the main game...don't FORCE me again to "meet people online" and "learn how to surf in internet"  suicidal.gif

Just curious, how exactly old are you?

My dad is 50 and he's actively on Facebook chatting it up with his friends and family.

i know a couple of people in early 20s that dislike facebook and sometimes act as a "grumpy old man" haha

Well, I personally dont want facebook or anything in the in-game internet (Should it return), and I'd rather not have an game, inside the actual game.

I do however, really agree with the idea of being able to buy properties and cars through the internet. Sometimes, I really really want a lambo, but I dont have one saved and I dont want to drive around the map. Whatever the case may be, being able to buy a car that either spawns somewhere or is driven outfront the place I accessed internet would be extremely awesome. And for properties, guess it'd be nice for like safehouses.

Heard an opp got killed, watch me do my dance.

Got a pocket full of bills, watch me do my dance.

I just popped a pill, watch me do my dance.

Hit that nigga with the steel watch that nigga dance.

I've said this before: we should be able to access to the R* webpage ingame. We know R* exist within the GTA universe, so why not giving them a webpage. The ingame site could be connected to the real-life site. We should be able to access to the Social Club, maybe even download patches, we could do videos with the cell phone and share them, buy stuff with real and ingame money like clothes or exclusive weapons and vehicles... the sky is the limit! If there's DLC we could access it from that website; the game would be automatically saved and the DLC would launch.

How about hacking?!

Stealing money, ID, Address,etc,etc...

Being able to find out where a person lives. Stealing money from websites and funding's.

How about you do missions for a group of hackers based off anonymous and they teach you how to hack. You also hack police,gov't,banks,etc,etc.

That's a crime!!!! Also in IV they say white collar crime is on the rise.

How about hacking?!

Being able to find out where a person lives. Stealing money from websites and funding's.

How about you do missions for a group of hackers based off anonymous and they teach you how to hack. You also hack police,gov't,banks,etc,etc.

It could be as a mission. Maybe we could work for an Anonymous-like group to hack the LSPD or any government sites.

How about hacking?!

It could be as a mission. Maybe we could work for an Anonymous-like group to hack the LSPD or any government sites.

And get into a hack war. But there is consequences, if you mess up, the FBI or secret service automatically finds your address and you get a 5 star wanted level with the side mission resulting in a "mission failed."

Here is how hacking should work:

*First you join a notorious hacking group, they teach how to hack, but you start out small.

*In hacking side mission you can choose any site to hack, but it depends on which one, because some may be more difficult.

*You start out hacking smaller sites(forum blogs,clothing sites,private sites,fan sites,etc). Those are easy, but don't offer a lot of money. But the risk is less.

*Then you become big time hacking bigger sites such as funding sites(red Cross),Police database, big banks, Govt sites,etc etc. These sites offer big rewards, but bigger risk.

*Hacking should be VERY VERY HARD! It should be a rhythm like mini-game with you pressing left, right, triangle,etc,etc buttons. But! 1 wrong mistake, just accidentally pressing the wrong button results in a 5 star wanted level and mission failed. Hacking should get harder and harder.

Thats my idea...

Edited by The Made Man

maybe online games.

It'd be cool if that was how you access multiplayer, through an online game!

an internet game inside an internet game

INCEPTION

This lol.gif

But it would be cool - maybe they'll even incorperate Facebook, Twitter and youtube with the game, being able to visit them in the ingame internet.. (updating facebook for example).

I hope you were talking about ingame spoofs of those sites.

Like, hatebook or something.

I really don't want to be on a REAL site when I'm playing a game.

I mean.....

And of course everything The Made Man said.

That hacking thing sounds awesome icon14.gif

I don't know about the rest of you, but the bios on the Myspace spoof site had me in tears, I found them so damn funny.

Yes! Me too!

I say keep the social networking spoofs in it, but also have an access to Rockstars Social Club in it as well.

Please, R*, do not release the game without social networking spoofs for Facebook and Twitter. I think a bunch of people and politicians deserve the right to be portrayed as parodies of what they did IRL on those sites.

Who can forget Wiener?

I spent countless hours in GTA IV surfing the in-game web. They had tons of hilarious sites and parodies. I would hate to see the in-game internet not make a return in GTA V.

Please, R*, do not release the game without social networking spoofs for Facebook and Twitter. I think a bunch of people and politicians deserve the right to be portrayed as parodies of what they did IRL on those sites.

Who can forget Wiener?

I haven't read all the posts, so if these names have been posted, I apologize for inadvertently stealing your ideas.

Tweeker

Fondlebook

(myspace has been done to death so)

Gfat ( cookie.gif if you get it)

BackBiter.com

There's already Bleeter which played a large role in a mission in TBoGT.

So expect such parodies.

Problemses?