How much of a leap do you expect V to be?

Linki

Features are important to a certain degree and I look forward to the new ones, but if the core gameplay mechanics haven't made much improvement, I'll be disappointed.

The leap from SA to IV was huge gameplay wise. I went from GTA Pro to GTA Schmoe (ba dum tish!), and I liked it. I felt like how I was when I played III for the first time, crashing at every turn and getting killed constantly. Now I am a master at IV, which is satisfying to know I actually had to master it, unlike most games nowadays.

So my main query is, will V be a huge leap from IV? Or will it be GTA IV packed with features and slightly improved graphics? Can I expect to have the same reaction when I play V for the first time like I did with IV and III?

Same ole GTA as Episodes, it won't be a revolution, more like an evolution, remember how old this hardware is getting? My used Dell M60 I bought was new in August 2004 -05, and we'd gotten dual core to market in 2005, Xbox in 06

I think simply cause on a newer version of RAGE (RockstarGames Advanced Gaming Engine) I think it'd be a different experience, although I'm pretty sure they will use Euphoria again, like in IV, only improved, since they used in on GTA IV, RDR and Max Payne 3, I'm sure they will stick with that for a while longer.

So judging by the graphics, and how the caucasian man, who's wearing the black suit, and turns his head around is built (the model, basically) the facial animations should be like in GTA IV and Max Payne 3.

A big leap? Personally? No. I don't think so at least. But I liked how GTA IV felt, and having that again in a completely different map, aspecially L.S, feels like an awesome experience.

GTA IV was different, the first thing I had to deal with was triggers assigned to move your car, fresh off the boat with Niko Bellic, You also noted right away how spongy the car's suspensions were, and initially bikes were horrid I felt, In Lost and Damned they worked to remedy their characteristics, but in Ballad of Gay Tony, I am again, dissatisfied with the motorbikes. From the looks of the trailer, this will not be that far removed, that's my guess so far, hopefully we see more in future trailers, I know Euphoria was a big element for the way characters were blown up, or fell down stairs (key trailer moments)

Gameplay-wise, GTA:IV was about as pretty damn well polished as you can get. I really don't think that there is room for many radical changes.

I expect GTA:V to build on IV's polish by smoothing off a couple of the few remaining rough edges. For instance:

• Many complain about the slow camera when driving. So there's something to tweak.
  • A few refinements to the cover system. Such as when the player reaches the end of a piece of cover, the camera should not auto adjust if there is aiming input from the player.
  • One area that might need a total overhaul is the melee combat system. It was too slow and unresponsive in IV.
Other than that it's hard to think of things. I found IV to be pretty slick in most areas. After that one starts straying into new features territory, such as adding a stealth component and whatnot.

Like this:

III -> SA

IV -> V

Much more features, bigger map and story and improved graphics/physics/gameplay.

The key as I was getting at, things that were just not complete, lacking really, they dragged the game down, there was a heavy end of story and character, but a complete, LARGE city and country just lacked adventure, in RDR, that's not so much of a problem because the elements of virtual life fill up the geography

Like this:

III -> SA

IV -> V

Much more features, bigger map and story and improved graphics/physics/gameplay.

This is probably the best bet.

And something messon1 brought up; the combat system. This is something I hope to see gets an overhaul.

Only slightly improved, but with a lot of new content. Even if it was possible to vastly improve the engine on the current hardware, people have been screaming for content for 4 years. Colors, bigger map with more variation, planes etc, so I guess that is what they'll give us. As for the improvements, it's probably going to have more responsive on-foot controls, because they addressed this in one of the Max Payne 3 videos, and that's been a huge complaint since IV came out.

Now, the hardware and technology has much developed since GTA IV. We all have almost upgraded our systems for RAGE. I don't most of the users lack PC's with specifications to run GTA IV or any game with higher requirements. But calculating the FPS that GTA IV had, it will atleast thrice more in GTA V.

P.S: Highend PC's will be in demand once GTA V gets released.

user posted image

Finn 7 five 11
Same ole GTA as Episodes, it won't be a revolution, more like an evolution.

Slam, this is a wonderful way to phrase it, this is exactly what i was thinking, but i didn't know how to word it.

So my main query is, will V be a huge leap from IV? Or will it be GTA IV packed with features and slightly improved graphics? Can I expect to have the same reaction when I play V for the first time like I did with IV and III?

I think V will be to IV what San Andreas was to GTA III.

So it will be a large leap in terms of features available and sheer content, graphics (as we have seen from the trailer) Have improved a lot mostly a lot sharper, and more fine details have been added in.

Now, the hardware and technology has much developed since GTA IV. We all have almost upgraded our systems for RAGE. I don't most of the users lack PC's with specifications to run GTA IV or any game with higher requirements. But calculating the FPS that GTA IV had, it will atleast thrice more in GTA V.

P.S: Highend PC's will be in demand once GTA V gets released.

Pc's might have gotten much more powerful, but the consoles are identcial and they will be the primary platforms for this game. Pc release will probably come 6+ months later.

The leaps will come in gameplay features. All that terrain begs for more off road vehicles, and that fighter jet look awesome. Also expect minor graphical / physical improvements but don't expect a revolution.

Edited by Glamus

Look at the windphysics. The movement of the surfboard for exemple is not animated, it's real wind that makes the objects move. This is a big step. V will make a giant leap... trust me.

I think GTA V will be a Great Game but it won't have the Impact like III or SA. I think Rockstar has improved on every game they made, look at III then VC to Manhunt and so on IV brought alot to gaming with RAGE and Euphoria then they improved on that in RDR to the Facial Features in LA Noire. I like Great Stories and if they can have a Story better than IV plus with alot of features from SA and make everything a little smoother like the AI and Cover System then it should be Great.

I'm pretty sure V won't be a huge step in most areas as much as a refinement to IV. The graphics should out do RDR and the physics should be tightened up just a little bit. Goin to the bike thing Slamman said I understand the difference of IV to TLAD to TBOGT, Johnny was a biker so they wanted you to stay on that bike with the excuse that Johnny is a biker so he knows how to handle himself better on a bike. Does that mean his physics on a bike were better? Gameplay wise yes, realistically no.

I hope the leap is in variation of missions, music, safe houses, weapons etc. I really hope we get better music this time, IMHO LC has been cursed with horrid soundtracks.

I really don't care about the graphics and just hope they are on a par with GTA IV really

What I want to see is a huge leap forward in the amount of stuff to do outside of story missions and a much larger playing field

GTA IV may have had a good story (wasn't great, just good), but the rest was very poor, dull side missions, collections, pathetic races

san andreas is so much better than GTA IV for stuff to do outside the story

GTA V needs to have a sh*tload of stuff to do, the 100% checklist needs to read like a mini essay

I am not interested in just playing the story, because the story is never that great anyway, the real fun is to be had in the extra stuff biggrin.gif

Not a big leap, it will obviously look a lot better though, one because its in a sunny climate, so everything will be designed to be brighter and more attractive. Graphics will be the same. I think because of the lighting/climate they are trying to portray is will look like a giant leap but in reality it will just be a slight upgrade.

From what Ive seen so far, its mainly going to be GTAIV with palm trees. Oooh, a jet fighter! Ive never seen that before. Until R* releases more info, colour me unimpressed.

GET OVER 1 BILLION IN GTA ONLINE WITH THIS GLITCH

Join the best of the best. Join the Republic of Zee.http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/zeegtaforums

Add me on Xbox: ZeeGTAForums and PS3: mtkgta420

The Continuing Adventures of Zeehttp://www.youtube.com/ZeeGTAForums

http://www.twitch.tv/zeegtaf

Deji is a coward.

The thing with GTA which really improves the gameplay is the atmosphere. And I hope they keep this atmosphere. Hopefully the missions will be dynamic and fun with a great storyline, and I hope they keep the Euphoria physics. Bikes need to be improved though, they were horrible in IV.

From what Ive seen so far, its mainly going to be GTAIV with palm trees. Oooh, a jet fighter! Ive never seen that before. Until R* releases more info, colour me unimpressed.

I'm going to have to agree with this. Although V look's far more impressive than IV given only trailer - I'm just going to have to assume that V will give off the same feel as IV. Until they show us some of the amazing features, I'm just going to have to go on this. colgate.gif

will they be featuring the bullet feature from max payne 3? like every bullet reacts differently and shows bullet holes on enemies etc?

would be pretty awesome if they dead!

inb4 Zee trolls

It wont be revolutionary, it'll be better. but only vice city to san andreas better

Harwood Butch3r

I'm thinking GTA V will take the best bits of GTA IV and RDR and utilize them to their full potential. I wouldn't be surprised if certain elements of MP3 are a guide to GTA V too actually.

In saying that I have a feeling the biggest change will be the story telling. If this multiple protagonist theory is correct I'd love to see how R* have incorporated it into a sandbox game. That or I can see moral choices being much more significant.

As for features I don't think we'll see much we haven't already seen before. Hopefully if empire building comes back it's been given a pretty decent makeover.

I don't think GTA V will do much to re-invent the wheel, but it should be enough to make the wheel turn faster. Or something like that.

IMO, gameplay is based on few things which I have experienced in all these years of Gaming. Coming a GTA Gameplay, I would like to stress on facts like, the freedom of customization provided by the game, map, game atmosphere, graphic quality and free roam. All these give an ideal gameplay feeling for a third-person shooter game. With the advancement in technology gaming gets better every and I expect GTA V to be 10 times better than GTA IV.
user posted image