Airplanes VS gameplay & multiplayer

SARDYNA108

Do you think there will be planes also in multiplayer?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think there will be planes also in multiplayer?

• Yes, all planes in all game modes
    • Yes but in some modes there wont be all planes (like in IV in TMW or CnC there are only Mavericks, no Annihilators)
    • Yes but only few types of planes
    • Yes but only in game modes which require to use planes
    • No planes in competitive modes, all planes only in Free Mode
    • No planes at all in multiplayer

As we seen in the first trailer we will be able to fly planes in GTA V but how will this affect the gameplay? If we can fly planes there also must be some ways to destroy it. If we had planes in IV the only possible way would be getting a hydra and chase the plane which would be still very hard without autoaiming rockets but in V there also must be way to destroy a plane from ground which I think will be autoaiming RPG. Do you have any other ideas how we will be able to destroy a plane? Or do you think we will be able to hijack a flying plane?

Now multiplayer, if we will have in V game mode like Cops n Crooks where cops must kill the boss if boss got in a Hydra and fly around the city with very high speed it would be pretty impossible to kill him, also driving thorugh the whole map to find a Hydra and than chase another player would be ridiculous (Im sure Hydras will be rare to find). So or they will include a good way to destroy planes from ground (I think RPG is too slow to hit Hydra even with autoaim) or there wont be planes in multiplayer, at least the fast ones like Hydra. What do you think?

As we seen in the first trailer we will be able to fly planes in GTA V but how will this affect the gameplay? If we can fly planes there also must be some ways to destroy it. If we had planes in IV the only possible way would be getting a hydra and chase the plane which would be still very hard without autoaiming rockets but in V there also must be way to destroy a plane from ground which I think will be autoaiming RPG. Do you have any other ideas how we will be able to destroy a plane? Or do you think we will be able to hijack a flying plane?

Now multiplayer, if we will have in V game mode like Cops n Crooks where cops must kill the boss if boss got in a Hydra and fly around the city with very high speed it would be pretty impossible to kill him, also driving thorugh the whole map to find a Hydra and than chase another player would be ridiculous (Im sure Hydras will be rare to find). So or they will include a good way to destroy planes from ground (I think RPG is too slow to hit Hydra even with autoaim) or there wont be planes in multiplayer, at least the fast ones like Hydra. What do you think?

Easy solution for both.

Problem 1.) RPGs lock on to Hydras

Problem 2.) Planes are disabled in cops and crooks and similar gametypes

BirthOfMayhem

Maybe a compleetly seperate launcher to lock on to aircraft? I mean there is only one weapon in the RPG slot in IV so you might aswell add another one. Maybe add a launcher that has a rocket that flies way faster than the RPG, but can only have a lock on to shoot. If they done that, they'd have to give the aircraft a way of defence aswell, wether it is making the lock on really hard, or giving the helicopters and planes flares.

We are not sure yet if we will be able to fly planes in GTA V. We saw them in the trailer, but it doesn't mean they will be flyable.

I mean, that would be just stupid if Rockstar did it, but that's a possibility.

About destroying the planes, I think they will add something like a RPG with guided missiles, or they will add anti-aircraft weapons that are not portable.

And if they add the possibility of hijack flying airplanes, GTA would turn into a Just Cause type game, and it wouldn't be cool. It worked in San Andreas in one mission because SA was very unreal, with bad physics and strange movements, so it wasn't a problem. But GTA V will be much more realistic, so the ability to hijack flying airplanes would be very unreal.

We are not sure yet if we will be able to fly planes in GTA V. We saw them in the trailer, but it doesn't mean they will be flyable.

And the planes will be just flying around the city to annoy us? We also seen some cars, do you think we will be able to drive them? suicidal.gif

Hopefully they'll only allow planes where they aren't overpowered. Also they may limit capabilities like they did with the BoGT APC, where it has its own race class and the weaponry damage is reduced.

They could always severely limit the damage the Hydra's weapons do in multiplayer, and remove planes in Cops'n'crooks.

Lol..

I dont think we will see a hovering jet like we did with the hydra in SA, if we do it better be a pce o crap, because it would be way to cheap. Being able to just rip into a an area and blast it to hell then kick it out of there at the speed of sound? Ya right. It doesnt look like a jet that hovers anyways. I want to see it be a normal jet fighter that needs a landing strip and allot of skill to do damage to people or i just wont play gta online with people. (dont need another tbogt buzzard affare)

As far as an rpg goes god help us. Cant stand rpg's as it is but if i was to figure this out it would be simple. New rpg with lock on as stated but make it suitable for that one thing. It destroyes vehicals and that only. If i get a lock on which should be hard then it will fly off and chase said aircraft. But if i see a player walking the street and fire it at him it shouldnt kill him as it isnt made to kill people. Atleast this way it will stop it from being abused by noobs. Same goes with the rpg7 can we atleast cut down the damage they do to people and make it only hold a max of 4 rounds maybe? Who could hold 8 anayway? If im cruising down the road in my car i like it would be really brutal if some gay spawns in grabs a new lock on rpg and has 6 chances to blow me up. It should be slow reacting to movement. As in its used to chasing aircraft that cant just turn on a dime. But if im in a car and see it coming at me i should be able to dodge it with a quick turn. I donno?

Oh and they better leave all the planes in. I could care less about single player, its the multiplayer i will be playing for 4.5 years till the next gta, so leave them in please rockstar!

I actually dont care what happens im just excited to have a new map to explore really smile.gif

Edited by ThatGuyWhoPlaysGtaTooMuch

I think planes will be very hard to control and will be limited to freemodes and specific game modes.

Just adjust RPG's to be lockable for Jets and there would be a lot of fun.Or maybe there will be deployed those AA rockets like in Area 69 in SA.

Airplanes / helicopters in alls modes of play.

But in multiplayer, military aircraft should have a limited amount of ammo that has to be replenished by landing at an airport or something.

I Used to find it pretty annoying in GTA4 multiplayer when someone just go around in a helicopter shooting you with the rockets and missiles never running out!

StellarFish20
But in multiplayer, military aircraft should have a limited amount of ammo that has to be replenished by landing at an airport or something.

I Used to find it pretty annoying in GTA4 multiplayer when someone just go around in a helicopter shooting you with the rockets and missiles never running out!

That's a good idea! It would stop some idiots online

About destroying the planes, I think they will add something like a RPG with guided missiles, or they will add anti-aircraft weapons that are not portable.

And if they add the possibility of hijack flying airplanes, GTA would turn into a Just Cause type game, and it wouldn't be cool. It worked in San Andreas in one mission because SA was very unreal, with bad physics and strange movements, so it wasn't a problem. But GTA V will be much more realistic, so the ability to hijack flying airplanes would be very unreal.

Mate, are you being freaking serious? You think there's a possibility that we can't fly planes and they're showing them off in the trailer? Like, three plane scenes and three different planes? It takes common sense to know we're able to fly planes. When someone watches it and see's a fixed wing aircraft, automatically everyone will know planes are included.

The destroying planes part, well it's simple isn't it? If you're on ground, you will probably indeed have a laser guided RPG or some sort of AA Launcher.

And you're assuming the only way to hijack planes is going to be Just Cause 2 style? Derp. So we're going to get a grapple hook are we? I think the only plane 'hijack' will either be going to the airport and stealing a plane, or if there's a possibility to ride as a passenger, you can shoot your way through to the cockpit.

SmoothGetaway

Lots of ways to shoot down aircraft from the ground. Here's a couple:

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=USMC+ground...ved=0CGIQrQMwBw

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=USMC+ground...ed=0CM8BEK0DMCA

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=USMC+ground...KZ8NjKDg&zoom=1

I'm sure R* will have us covered will all our ground to air needs, even if none of this cool sh*t makes it in the game.

I think the ammo you should have to buy. Say you go pick up buzzard, it should have the regular mini guns but no rocket pods. The rocket pods you buy at ammunatiom or whatever for like 5000 or so. And you get like 25 rounds. That way people wont be running them off like nuts and noobs will be forced to use the mini guns which can take some skill. Same goes with the jetfighter too.

i really want there to be stinger missiles in V. ppl running around on foot are often victims to heli spawn campers. that was my main gripe with gta4

Mate, are you being freaking serious? You think there's a possibility that we can't fly planes and they're showing them off in the trailer? Like, three plane scenes and three different planes? It takes common sense to know we're able to fly planes. When someone watches it and see's a fixed wing aircraft, automatically everyone will know planes are included.

The destroying planes part, well it's simple isn't it? If you're on ground, you will probably indeed have a laser guided RPG or some sort of AA Launcher.

And you're assuming the only way to hijack planes is going to be Just Cause 2 style? Derp. So we're going to get a grapple hook are we? I think the only plane 'hijack' will either be going to the airport and stealing a plane, or if there's a possibility to ride as a passenger, you can shoot your way through to the cockpit.

yeah yeah, sorry, that was kind of a stupid thought from me.

But you guys can't say 'oh, we see cars in the traile and we won't be able to ride them' and say the same thing about planes.

Well, f*ck that, we will fly planes in the game for sure.

And about the hijacking sh*t, you complained about what I said but then you said exactly what I said dozingoff.gif

Of course we will be able to hijack planes, but in the ground, not in the air.

GTAgamersquirrel

ahhhh I can already smell the joy of me not only dieing from the over powered helicopters but now, i can also die from over powered planes to!!

Ex Hellraiser
Maybe a compleetly seperate launcher to lock on to aircraft? I mean there is only one weapon in the RPG slot in IV so you might aswell add another one. Maybe add a launcher that has a rocket that flies way faster than the RPG, but can only have a lock on to shoot. If they done that, they'd have to give the aircraft a way of defence aswell, wether it is making the lock on really hard, or giving the helicopters and planes flares.

Yes. In SA there was a heat-seeker that could replace the RPG. They should make a version of the Javelin or the FIM-92 Stinger AA and put it in the game. And the jets should also have IR flares like in SA. Civilian planes such as the Dodo or Cropduster won't have flares, but it will also be harder to lock onto them.

BirthOfMayhem

Yes. In SA there was a heat-seeker that could replace the RPG. They should make a version of the Javelin or the FIM-92 Stinger AA and put it in the game. And the jets should also have IR flares like in SA. Civilian planes such as the Dodo or Cropduster won't have flares, but it will also be harder to lock onto them.

Yeah, and helies would be hard to lock on to aswell because they fly slow and it would take time to rearm the flares.

I'm sure R* will have us covered will all our ground to air needs, even if none of this cool sh*t makes it in the game.

Hahahahahah biggrin.gif omg that made me laughing hard lol.gif Having in V military ships and trucks with huge rocket launchers would be awesomely ridiculus, that would be great fun in "San Andreas style" but I think thats too much even for Rockstar and that would f*ck up multiplayer as well. Just image fleet of big ships bombarding whole city with their huge rocket launchers

biggrin.gif

Oh and they better leave all the planes in. I could care less about single player, its the multiplayer i will be playing for 4.5 years till the next gta, so leave them in please rockstar!

LOL! You must be a 13 years old kid who started playing video games this gen and GTA IV was propably his first GTA! , Because GTA was ALWAYS about single-player story.. Multiplayer is just a useless ADD-ON to please 13 years old kids who are too lazy to finish the story

Edited by Gtaghost22

LOL! You must be a 13 years old kid who started playing video games this gen and GTA IV was propably his first GTA! , Because GTA was ALWAYS about single-player story.. Multiplayer is just a useless ADD-ON to please 13 years old kids who are too lazy to finish the story

No, dude.

Seriously, the IV multiplayer was very cool and a lot of the old school players that used to play only the campaign had a lot of fun in the multiplayer section.

Obviously it's not like Call of Duty or Battlefield, but it's something really cool to do after you completed the story (or to play alternately with the campaign).

Well he has right singleplayer is good fun for few months but than you got bored of it and you play on multiplayer

Lmao! Are you kidding me? I have have played evey gta and own almost all. Oh and im 20 you clown. I love single player too and have beat ever one which was fun but seriously you can only play it so much... I played VC and SA to hell in single player for years but then one day it gets boring by yourself. Honestly it wss a breath of fresh air to get multiplayer in gtaiv. I didnt even play the single player till a week after. And even after i beat it i went back to multiplayer because it just way more fun shooting, flying, driving WITH FRIENDS! What am i going to be steven glansburg and play by myself for 4.5 years? F! that noise son. Imagine gtaiv without multiplayer? I would have played it for a month then gone back to SA only because gtaiv lacked all the fun of single player and well at my age i play socialy all the time rather cooped up in my room glued to a tv like a little fag playing the story over an over... Get the f**k out and hop off my D. smile.gif

SmoothGetaway

Hahahahahah biggrin.gif omg that made me laughing hard lol.gif Having in V military ships and trucks with huge rocket launchers would be awesomely ridiculus, that would be great fun in "San Andreas style" but I think thats too much even for Rockstar and that would f*ck up multiplayer as well. Just image fleet of big ships bombarding whole city with their huge rocket launchers

biggrin.gif

Glad I could make ya laugh smile.gif Just wanted to point out that the ship in question is a surface to air launcher so it wouldn't be possible to bomb the coast of LS

I dont get why planes would be in all game modes, heli's werent in any multiplayer modes except for free roam in gta 4 so why would they be in gta 5

Personally I would only like them in free roam that way other competitive modes dont get to hectic, with free roam the map this time around is suppose to be huge, giving players on the ground chance to scramble and get away from attack

GTA 4 I had no problems getting a way from good heli pilots especially those buzzard pilots that spam the missiles, hopefully this time around there will be a certain amount of missiles and bullets you can shoot that way ppl dont hog the heli's and jets

ye w/e   go bother someone else with your BS

nothing is happening on these forums anyways, with no info, the forums are basically dead and filled with garbage threads

Well, I'm tired of reading your garbage PMs.

BANHAMMER

SmoothGetaway
I dont get why planes would be in all game modes, heli's werent in any multiplayer modes except for free roam in gta 4 so why would they be in gta 5

Personally I would only like them in free roam that way other competitive modes dont get to hectic, with free roam the map this time around is suppose to be huge, giving players on the ground chance to scramble and get away from attack

GTA 4 I had no problems getting a way from good heli pilots especially those buzzard pilots that spam the missiles, hopefully this time around there will be a certain amount of missiles and bullets you can shoot that way ppl dont hog the heli's and jets

Yep. NRG 900 was the best way to frustrate buzzard pilots imo