Shaving armpits

GTA_stu

So about a week ago I decided to shave my armpits. "Gaaaaaay" I hear you cry. But honestly I'm really happy I did it, because it just feels so smooth and fresh. It reduces the smell a bit as well, and it just looks nicer. It does itch a bit after you first do it, and it still itches a litt bit now. But it's nothing too bad, and probably the more I shave and get used to it the less it will irritate as well. There is another area I shave, a more "delicate" area, but I've been doing that area for about 2 years now. Again, it just feels smoother and fresher. It also helps hygienically speaking. Not to mention it helps accentuate a particular part of the anatomy. Not that anyone ever gets to see it, but that's besides the point.

There's this stigma that if a man shaves anywhere below the neck, then it makes him a wuss and a possible homosexual. This attitude is kinda dissapearing, although I'm sure some still have that kind of thinking. I don't see the problem with it, times have changed and it isn't the 70's anymore. It looks better, it feels better, it IS better. I implore all the men of GTA forums to start shaving their nether regions and armpits, you'll thank me for it.

So what's the opinions on this? Do you shave parts of your body, do you agree with it? Maybe some female members could tell us what they prefer.

I came in here to yell gay but since your clearly in denial about your lust for cock then i'll take my leave, i once did trim my pubes though which was a bad experience.

user posted imageuser posted image

Well honestly I don't have very hairy arm pits. If they were more hairy than they are now Id consider shaving. I usually just trim my nether regions because honestly I'm too much of a wimp to put a blade that close to my dangly bits. Lol I rarely shave my face (just did it for the first time since I was 18) so shaving other places will definately take some getting used to.

If my girlfriend requests that I shave, ill give it a try. My back will be shaved later today though for my.tattoo biggrin.gif

Edited by ryuclan

I feel that men shaving their armpits down to the very nub is very feminine. The only time a scissor or buzzer will touch my armpit hair if they are ridiculously long and I have to trim it down to keep me from looking like a caveman.

I've never shaved my pits, but I've definitely considered it. Some of the styles for Tshirts from places like Topman and River Island have quite short sleeves these days, and a tuft of pit-hair hanging out ain't exactly desirable.

One thing, other than my face obviously, that I ensure is kept down is my belly-tasche (aka the hair you get between your bellybutton and your pubes). The hair doesn't get thick but it's definitely noticeable and looks pretty gross. I often wear tight and/or low-hanging jeans as well, so anything that may creep above that line is exterminated too.

user posted image

I've always shaved my armpits. I just think it looks kind of weird to have a giant bush of hair under my arms, when the rest of my upper torso has almost none. I used to shave my pubes, but they grow back so damn fast it's not even worth it past the first few weeks. I also shave my feet and ankles, but only because my socks make me itch if I don't.

user posted image

Well...I'm not going to join the GTAF smooth member society. Nothing wrong with it - it's just not for me.

It does beg a question. You know how when you shave and hair starts to grow back; it grows back stronger. Does that mean when you are all old and whatnot(no longer shaving the hidden areas) will it grow back all super hairy?

Well...I'm not going to join the GTAF smooth member society. Nothing wrong with it - it's just not for me.

It does beg a question. You know how when you shave and hair starts to grow back; it grows back stronger. Does that mean when you are all old and whatnot(no longer shaving the hidden areas) will it grow back all super hairy?

Maybe Chubacca is just some old man who shaved too much as a youngster.

Well it was already super hairy, that's one of the reasons I shaved it off. The jungle was too humid and overgrown, so we let the loggers in and now there's a nice breeze flowing through the plains. You do get harder hairs growing back, so it's important to shave every 3 days or so otherwise it just gets too itchy. It's maybe a 2-3 minute job and it feels really nice when you do it.

Join us trip. One of us! One of us! One of us! One of us!

I shave my armpits. I used to not do it coz of being afraid of the gay label, but living in a tropical country, the difference is night and day in terms of comfort.

I wouldn't do it if I was in a cold country though, I don't think coz I'm insanely lazy and I hate the process of shaving ANYTHING.

FIOszpJ.gif

The TV show Dr. Oz had a comment by him a month ago that shaving the lower area adds an inch to the preceived length...

From another source, it makes it easier to keep clean. Hair is naturaly dirty and promotes fungi, and infestations, etc.

The TV show Dr. Oz had a comment by him a month ago that shaving the lower area adds an inch to the preceived length...

From another source, it makes it easier to keep clean. Hair is naturaly dirty and promotes fungi, and infestations, etc.

I hear ya, gotta keep those areas clean and free of tight pants. Ingrown hairs around the waist are on par painwise of growing an ulcer on the ol' ballsack.

This reminds me; it's been a f*cking long time since I shaved any hair off my body. But seriously, I need to trim those pubes. Would at least make my dick look bigger. Not that I'm claiming it to be any less than 8 inches though. moto_whistle.gif

Don't shave the pits as that hair doesn't bother me at all, but maybe once every since months or so I will give the pubes a little trim because it tends to get out of control and can be a bit cumbersome during sexy time. Just so y'all know.

my belly-tasche

You mean the snail trail? I've got one of those and show it off shamelessly. No idea why.

@topic: I use the same trimmer I have for my neeeeether regions to touch up my armpits. Never saw anything wrong with it.

I never shave. My hair growth is pretty slow so I've not really had to bother. I shave my face whenever I start to look scruffy but I could never shave anywhere else. I put Immac on my nether regions as part of a dare once and the itchiness of the hair growing back was unbearable. I trim, that's it.

Dudesig.png

Personally, I like it when boys don't shave, because I see it as a trait of masculinity. Sure, sometimes the hairs look like a jungle in there, and perhaps a trim every now and then would do good. However, if I had a boyfriend and he started shaving his pits, I don't think I'd have a problem with it, seeing as it's mostly for comfort.

As a girl, I have very little hair in that area, thankfully, and a quick shave every couple of days leaves it silky smooth. cool.gif

tumblr_mk683ddOTs1rkv9cvo1_250.gif

How the hell can I convince my girlfriend to shave? She does it so randomly and infrequently.

Note: I'm not talking about legs and armpits lol

I haven't shaved off hair from any part of my body in a very long time. Not even a trim here-or-there. I think about it often - infact, I thought about it just the other day - but nah man, it's not my way. I'm not giving in an inch.

Maybe one day, when I finally get myself together... I'll shave it all off in a ritualistic manor and donate the clippings to a wig manufacture.

my belly-tasche

You mean the snail trail? I've got one of those and show it off shamelessly. No idea why.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=snail%20trail

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=happy+trail

But I'm sure you meant the first one, didn't you? tounge.gif

Woah since when what the f*ck.

I'VE BEEN SAYING THAT FOR YEARS

a man without armpit just wouldn't look right. in fact I think thats a bannable offence in hull, don't tell your neighbours all they'll call you a fooking poof. colgate.gif

Well I've always known the bit of hair that runs from your belly button to your happy place as a snail trail. Everyone I know calls it that. That other definition is just f*cking creepy. I always used to keep the snail trail, but today I shaved it off along with a touch up on the armpits. I'm eyeing up my butt next. It is seriously hairy, especially in the old African rift valley (that's the crack in case you were wondering). I mean, I have really hairy arms and legs, my chest is average and my back is slightly above average. But my butt? It's like Robin Williams had sex with a werewolf, and the bastard love child was my bum. When you can braid your ass hair you know you're in trouble. I'm contemplating getting it waxed, although I hear it hurts like hell. I'd probably lose about 2 pounds as an upside though.

I've never shaved my pits, but I've definitely considered it. Some of the styles for Tshirts from places like Topman and River Island have quite short sleeves these days, and a tuft of pit-hair hanging out ain't exactly desirable.

One thing, other than my face obviously, that I ensure is kept down is my belly-tasche (aka the hair you get between your bellybutton and your pubes). The hair doesn't get thick but it's definitely noticeable and looks pretty gross. I often wear tight and/or low-hanging jeans as well, so anything that may creep above that line is exterminated too.

Same here, I can't be having underarm hair coming out of a T-shirt, that looks horrid.

I have a LOT of arm pit hair. I'm talking Chewbacca in a headlock. I've never considered shaving it. There's no point to me. I let it all hang out.

I'm not into the body hair trimming at all. Thankfully I've never had a girlfriend that has asked me to do it.

Thankfully I've never had a girlfriend that has asked me to do it.

Yeah, and I'm pretty sure my lady would be laughing too hard for any fun if I stripped down naked and was hairless.

A loaded rifle

Oh Maron..

Why would you tell people you shave? GTAF is getting crazy these days. Oh, and nice quote. icon14.gif

There is another area I shave, a more "delicate" area, but I've been doing that area for about 2 years now. Again, it just feels smoother and fresher. It also helps hygienically speaking. Not to mention it helps accentuate a particular part of the anatomy. Not that anyone ever gets to see it, but that's besides the point.

Only my pubes, my armpit hair has been growing for the past 10 years now.

Edited by Garfield 2