Dragons

OysterBarron

Ok so i recently started playing skyrim and that got me thinking. Certain types of insects have a hibernation of 13years and only come out once to mate and feed then dissapear for another 13 years. Could there be other forms of life that have exactly the same process except they only surface every thousansd of years? what is the possibilty of this and thesability of this therioe?

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

Well not necessarily dragons but, I could believe if something we never saw before did something like you mentioned.

There is likely to be other forms of life existing which have not yet been discovered. Dragons are extremely unlikely to be amongst them due to their size.

Not really a D&D topic, though, so moved.

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.7GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN CPU Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | ASUS RTX 4080 TUF @2970MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

Still exist?

I'm pretty sure that, up till now, no signs of dragons have been encountered. A dragon being spotted by myself would make me think I'm nice personoo for Cocoa Puffs.

tumblr_mk683ddOTs1rkv9cvo1_250.gif

I remember an archeology program in the 70s where they were speculating on the 'myth'. They showed a wall in Scotland that was scorched. Then atempted using modern weapons and materials to reproduce the damage. The conclusion was that what ever had made the mark was hotter than current means could do. Your topic reminded me of that.

Dragons wouldn't have to large, just capable. (Disc World).

still exist? do you actually believe dragons are an ancient animal, alongside the mammoths and dodo, and they ended up going extinct once human's realised how tasty they were? yeah, I read in Henry VIII's diaries how he loved a dragon sandwich.

jesus christ I despair sometimes...

If I had a dragon I'd probably use it as an appliance Flinstones style. I'd throw the oven and the central heating out and install a dragon instead. Probably a German dragon, just for the efficiency really.

Theres better chances of finding Big Foot, or the Loch ness monster then a dragon. biggrin.gif I could believe that there are bugs we've never seen before though.

Dragons existed until the 1800s, but you'd refer them to their more accurate name - dinosaurs. These large lizards had many stories taught about them. In fact, the "dragon" that St Michael had slain was actually a tyrannosaur. I learned it all at the Creation Museum in Kentucky. You should go and educate yourself!

4XEtraA.jpg

Still exist?

I'm pretty sure that, up till now, no signs of dragons have been encountered. A dragon being spotted by myself would make me think I'm nice personoo for Cocoa Puffs.

This,

it isn't proved that they even existed whatsoever,

European Dragons rae better than Asian, or uhm, Chinese,

No Dragons, there may be Dinosaurs that looked like dragons and could fly, but throwing flames out of their moth?

Come on, that's impossible, Earth Species can't contain any Fire in them.

Give it rest! tounge2.gif

Well actally they still exist, Comodo Dragons!

Here's a tip dude. Stop playing so much damn Skyrim.

As for the dragon theory, I do not share it. They are pretty sweet sure but really now? I think the closest you'd get is probably dinosaurs.

Are you trolling?

If you aren't, come on.

As for undiscovered species, they are commonly discovered in places like the Amazon with lots of variety. Cryptozoologists make livings for searching for mythical or rare animals. No Dragons though.

U R B A N I T A S

Cryptozoologists make livings for searching for mythical or rare animals. No Dragons though.

Cryptozoologists make a living ripping off stupid people with stupid amounts of money.

user posted image

I do think there are animals that we haven't discovered yet (in fact, I'd love it if that was the case) but dragons may be a bit of a stretch. The dragons we have now will have to do I think, and no, they aren't as cool as their flamethrowing counterparts. Still, I wouldn't mind a komodo as a pet.

In terms of animals in hibernation for thousands of years, I think the place we need to be looking is the ocean. Or, to put it another way, the place we should not be looking is the ocean, because it could be full of all kinds of angry sh*t ready to clobber us good and proper, Cloverfield style.

And they shall anoint ye Dovahkiin.

Gods be praised, for the prodigal one has returned.

usZpdN9.png

GentlemanSquid
In terms of animals in hibernation for thousands of years, I think the place we need to be looking is the ocean. Or, to put it another way, the place we should not be looking is the ocean, because it could be full of all kinds of angry sh*t ready to clobber us good and proper, Cloverfield style.

We haven't explored the whole ocean, as we can only go so far. I would love to see if there is anything down there. Maybe something bigger than the Blue Whale would be awesome, the problem is it might have a temper.

I heard somewhere that they found some kind of weird sound pattern coming from deep from one of the oceans, they have ruled out shifting plates, and man made objects. Creepy stuff.

The known, regular world can become too familiar and boring. It's fun to believe in made up fantasies to make things fun.

This is pretty much the closest thing to a dragon in the real world.(as NaidRaida refereed earlier)

user posted image

*Komodo Dragon

Obviously this was meant for the debates and disscusions section so im going by the thesis that you cant prove either way wether they existed or didnt! they have been writen about in the past and just because we havent found them yet doesnt mean they don't exist or didn't exist.

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

Obviously this was meant for the debates and disscusions section so im going by the thesis that you cant prove either way wether they existed or didnt! they have been writen about in the past and just because we havent found them yet doesnt mean they don't exist or didn't exist.

I rest my case.

Yl8KS.jpg

A certain type of dragon does exist

user posted image

It's know as the Sup Dragon. ( Sorry I had to )

Anyway yes there is a specific type of species known as Komodo dragons, unfortunately they're not sixty feet long and they don't breath fire, or have wings confused.gif

If we're gonna be all deeanddee about it, the burden of proof is on you to prove that they did exist.

user posted image

Obviously the question i asked was asuming that they were real at some point! and i was hoping for some intelligent conversation about that original asumption! Idk why i exspected it onxe this got moved to gen chat!

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

i was hoping for some intelligent conversation about that original asumption!

It got moved into GC because it's not a debate topic. If you'd posted more than a line and a half and the basic premise hadn't been so silly, then it would have stayed in D&D

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.7GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN CPU Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | ASUS RTX 4080 TUF @2970MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

Obviously the question i asked was asuming that they were real at some point! and i was hoping for some intelligent conversation about that original asumption! Idk why i exspected it onxe this got moved to gen chat!

There are fossils to evidence prehistoric species; if dragons existed, there would be considerable evidence in fossil form as dinosaurs with wings (or any other large winged reptilian) would be a different species, or genus. Not to mention dragons are mythical, with no basis in fact, and are man created - anything remotely resembling a dragon didn't live while we were around.

Now stop being silly.

U R B A N I T A S

'cuz it'll turn out in a kind of discussion like with religious people and their "God"

user posted image

leik oh em jeez!

and are man created

I just want to take the time to point out that multiple cultures across the Earth have had unrelated stories of dragons.

I'd also like to point out (Though its name escapes my mind at this time) that when the fossil was found that linked dinosaurs and birds, everyone thought it to be fake as it was the only one of its kind. It was later discovered that it was actually two separate fossils, BOTH of which strengthened the link between dinosaurs and birds.

So that's two species within the middle ground of evolution from scaled reptilian creature to modern feathered bird found basically at the same time. I believe that was quite recent too, 90s maybe?