New Los Santos

Death2Drugs

Hello Everyone,

Today I create a completely new mod. It is Los Santos, but not your ordinary Los Santos. It is completely re-textured. My goal is to completely re-texture the city.

What this Mod will feature:

*Completely new environment. Ghettos such as Ganton and Jefferson are "gentrified" to fit 2012 status rather than 1992. This mod basically converts the old 1992 world of San Andreas to 2012. In fact, the text will be 2012 instead of 1992. Also, these ghettos will look much more like their real-life counterparts.

*Real Brands. I'm not actually trying to re-name any cities. Los Santos will not be L.A., just Los Santos. However, brands such as Burger King and 7-11 will appear in the game. I feel that because San Andreas is basically a mini-state mainly based on Southern California, Northern California and Southwest Nevada, it makes no sense that San Francisco is next to Las Vegas. I feel that real brands can exist in the fictional state though.

*Re-designed map and realistic placement of objects. No more rubbish around Ganton. These will be replaced by trash bins, etc. Basically, a cleaner city.

*Recent events will influence the map. For example, because of the recession, you'll see some shops with "For Sale", "vacant", etc. 1992 was the beginning of a major economic boom, but those days are over. It's 2012 now, and the world is barely recovering from a bad recession and still has problems ahead.

I cannot update this thread every day, but I will show some screen shots to show progress. This mod has been in development since November 2011, but I feel I can show some screen shots and make some announcements. Also, this is NOT final. Progress will definitely change.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Looks like a good mod but please let the restaurant/shop names remain, it looks too awkward when the city is LS and not LA if you have real-life names appearing.

Looks like a good mod but please let the restaurant/shop names remain, it looks too awkward when the city is LS and not LA if you have real-life names appearing.

I know, but I feel that because San Andreas is such a condensed version of California and Nevada, it just wouldn't make sense to replace L.S. with L.A., Ganton with Compton, etc.

However, I am creating some store names from previous/future games and completely new (i.e. Ganton Donuts, Eclipse Liquor Deli, etc).

Well, I'd rather want retextured roads, deserts, bad lands and houses.

The stores are pretty useless in my opinion.

But I like the first screen, looks more like a 2011 or 2012.

G1T

Well, I'd rather want retextured roads, deserts, bad lands and houses.

The stores are pretty useless in my opinion.

But I like the first screen, looks more like a 2011 or 2012.

This is a complete re-texture of Los Santos. Houses and roads will come. Stores actually are pretty useful to re-texture, since a lot of them look dilapidated even for 1992 status!

UPDATE:

Ryder's House

user posted image

Another Home

user posted image

Some Stores

user posted image

New Hedges!

user posted image

A home in El Corona

user posted image