Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Coolermaster 212 cooler

Asrock Extreme3 Gen3

i5 2500k

8GB Gskill 1600 Ram

Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 120GB

Sapphire HD 7970 3GB

Corsair AX650 80PLUS Gold PSU

When I launch the game and try to up my graphics, I keep getting a message that I am almost exceeding the max resources... but the resources line that says the amount of RAM I used is 232MB/8192MB.....

I had no problems when I was using a Q6600 and a HD4670 in my old rig.... Please help.

Also, this is a fresh install, and the game has been updated to the newest patch 1.1.2.0

Another relevant note is that the same problem was present before I applied the patch.

All other games (BF3, TF2, etc) have no problems running. Is it possibly because of the HD7970 drivers?

Edited by njd13

Also, this is a fresh install, and the game has been updated to the newest patch 1.1.2.0

Actually, that's NOT the latest Patch-the latest Patch for IV is Patch 7(v. 1.0.7.0), as noted in the Pinned topic by Rockstar Toronto.... tounge2.gif

But, anyway, Why would someone upgrade if the games were running fine on their current PC?-It seems like a waste of money, in my opinion.-goes back to the old saying of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it.." I mean, it seems foolish to waste hard earned money on something when the old one was working just fine...Just curious. confused.gif

Actually, that's NOT the latest Patch-the latest Patch for IV is Patch 7(v. 1.0.7.0), as noted in the Pinned topic by Rockstar Toronto.... tounge2.gif

But, anyway, Why would someone upgrade if the games were running fine on their current PC?-It seems like a waste of money, in my opinion.-goes back to the old saying of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it.." I mean, it seems foolish to waste hard earned money on something when the old one was working just fine...Just curious. confused.gif

Actually, it is the latest patch.... for EFLC (Episodes From Liberty City). 1.0.7.0 is the latest for plain GTA IV.

I recently got a new job that gave me a big jump (almost double) in income, and I have been planning this build for a while. My old rig will go to my little cousin, because he does not have a PC capable of playing games.

This build will last me a few years, just as my old PC has, and if needed, I will crossfire later with another HD7970. I actually regularly build computers for other people as a side business, but have not been able to afford the PC I want until now.....

Also, how is it 'wasteful' and 'foolish' to spend money on an item that I want? People waste multiple times the amount of cash that I spent (~$1300) on new cars when they already own a car that works great.....

YankeesPwnMets

Maybe you should read The Hamlet, Act 1, Scene 3, Page 3

Costly thy habit as thy purse can buy,

But not expressed in fancy—rich, not gaudy,

If you have the money now, go ahead and upgrade. It's not like he gets a new job and decides to go out and waste $3000 for something he didn't need. A 4670 and Q6600 isn't going to get you the best results in games these days, so go spend some money and get an performance increase. Maybe he wanted to run iCEnhancer, some new games, etc.

Now, if the game was working and you decide to fool around with commandlines and completely screw up the game one way or another, then thats a different story.