This is how cars taking fire should look in GTA V!

Versous

Manga style flames? Not in GTA thanks.

Hollywood style or realistic would be better.

Nah, GTA IV got them dead perfect.

U Mirin' Brah?

Make sure to PM me if you're aware.

"The problem with the world is that the stupid people like pictures of famous people saying sh*t they never said and put it all over the goddam internet." - Albert Einstein

"It's simple, if it jiggles, it's fat." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Manga style flames? Not in GTA thanks.

Hollywood style or realistic would be better.

It looks quite Hollywood style, to me confused.gif

id like to see it GTA IV style.... but flames coming from all the wheel archers ... and when the car is fully on fire id like the fire to last longer, and for the fire brigade to have time to come and extinguish it. smile.gif

Wasn't somewhere smiliar topic?

I want it to stay same like in IV, but without rear burning tires.

That pic looks epic.

Nah, GTA IV got them dead perfect.

I wouldn't say they were perfect, some more tweaking then yes. Perfect!

Then how can you tell when your car is on fire? In IV, if it hadn't been for the tires, players would have died a lot more.

Then how can you tell when your car is on fire? In IV, if it hadn't been for the tires, players would have died a lot more.

i have know idea why the rear wheel arches catch alight if you just ram cars in front or take loads of punishment to the engine block in FRONT

Erm GTAV's fires already look great compared to IV's.

user posted image

and erm

user posted image

I think GTA V has improved immensely over IV.

The flames in GTA 4, after the explosion, were pretty good. I would have liked to see those kind of flames on the car before the explosion, rather than the always-the-same rear wheel well flames.

In the trailer in the burning car freeway scene, I think Rockstar was trying to show that we would have more detailed realistic flame for burning cars. But (as other people pointed out) the example in the trailer just looked like a superimposed image of fire - it did not seem to really be tightly tied to the car itself, and the scale of its detail looked a bit wrong.

I hope for GTA V, Rockstar does some combination of GTA 4 flames (definitely associated with the shape of the car body) but maybe with more flame detail and hot sparks rising up.

Im undecided if i should get sleeping dogs or gta v cus i just wanna free run in sleeping dogs but thats about it and cus of hong kong moto_whistle.gif

Im undecided if i should get sleeping dogs or gta v cus i just wanna free run in sleeping dogs but thats about it and cus of hong kong moto_whistle.gif

Dafuq did I just read? notify.gif

Wha...? Why don't you get both?

Shooting the gas tank should instantly explode the car, just like in SA.

Imagine it. You're in a team deathmatch and 4 guys in an SUV are trying to make you roadkilled Swiss Cheese.

1. Steadily aim at the gas tank

2. Shoot one 9mm round

3. Slowly walk away...COOL GUYS DON'T LOOK AT EXPLOSIONS!

Yeah, taking that screen shot from GTA V's trailer seems to show that fire from cars has improved greatly since IV.

Here's the recipe for a great fire in regards to cars, and just generally speaking:

• Fire from under the wheel arches.
  • Fire spreading similar to the fire in San Andreas after explosion
  • Glass cracking and breaking due to heat from said fire
icon14.gif

Finn 7 five 11

I hope flames and fires in general would take up more space in GTAV as it would add to realism if fires were actually a last obstacle.

Take up more space? Erm...you mean improve right? and what do you mean by "last obstacle"?

By the way, to the guy who said the flames look superimposed, in actual game play it would not really be noticeable, but they look good anyway, next gen consoles will make way to better looking flames and other smaller graphical elements.

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by finn4life

I hope flames and fires in general would take up more space in GTAV as it would add to realism if fires were actually a last obstacle.

Take up more space? Erm...you mean improve right? and what do you mean by "last obstacle"?

By the way, to the guy who said the flames look superimposed, in actual game play it would not really be noticeable, but they look good anyway.

I think he meant like the fire would be bigger and take up more space. It would make it more of an obstacle to get around. Any improvement would be nice though. They seem to always get bigger and better, the explosions that is.