Cleo 3/4 making game crash

Ray_Santos

I've just installed CLEO 3 to use for San Andreas and SA-MP, i installed everything correctly using the auto installer, but when i try to connect to SA-MP it crashes before it even gets to the loading screen, same for single player too, i cant even get to the loading screen.

I then deleted eveything from the CLEO folder to see if that would help, but the only differnce is that it loads, but crashes just before i can join. The cleo.asi seems to be the problem, because when i remove it, SA-MP/SA works, but the mods i added dont work. I've searched everwhere for a solution to this, including the sannybuilder forums, but i still cant fix it.

I'm using the EU v1.00 version of the game and i have no mods installed. Please help!!!!

You may need a gta_sa_compact.exe.

I think you can get it from cleo.sannybuilder.com.

Just put the exe in where your original gta_sa.exe and play SA with the compact one otherwise your game will crash.

Just put the exe in where your original gta_sa.exe and play SA with the compact one otherwise your game will crash.

Ok thanks, I'll give it a try, but i will ask, why do i need this compact .exe to use CLEO and why cant i use my original san andreas .exe?

Another thing I'd like to ask is if i decide i no longer want CLEO and i remove it, can i also remove this compact .exe and go back to using my original copy of the game? I'm just curious because i dont want to f*ck up my original copy of my game.

Ok thanks, I'll give it a try, but i will ask, why do i need this compact .exe to use CLEO and why cant i use my original san andreas .exe?

Another thing I'd like to ask is if i decide i no longer want CLEO and i remove it, can i also remove this compact .exe and go back to using my original copy of the game? I'm just curious because i dont want to f*ck up my original copy of my game.

It will not screw up your game.

The compact.exe is a special .exe to run CLEO mods.

I wouldn't recommend deleting your original gta_sa.exe though. since stuff like SA:MP and MTA need it to run.

I do not know why but disk versions of GTA SA crash with CLEO unless a compact.exe is used.

Oh BTW you'll always need to use the compact.exe to run SA with CLEO mods.

I can tell you how to run gta_sa_compact.exe with SA:MP if you want.

That is what I'm trying to do, so if you could explain to me how to run this with SA-MP then I'd be very greatful (:

//EDIT On the sannybuilder forums I've read that you need the 1.00 US version of the game with which this library MUST work correctly.

Is this correct, because i have the 1.00 EU version?

Edited by Ray_Santos

That is what I'm trying to do, so if you could explain to me how to run this with SA-MP then I'd be very greatful (:

//EDIT On the sannybuilder forums I've read that you need the 1.00 US version of the game with which this library MUST work correctly.

Is this correct, because i have the 1.00 EU version?

I'm running GTA SA V1.00 EU with no problems, aside from the occasional crash.

The gta_sa_compact.exe is V1.00 US automaticly I believe.

I'll send you a PM about how to get it working with SA:MP.